• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just purchased 2020 195s, should I install Cobra Super Ultimate AK-19 DELUXE or JBP Thrust Vector X?

KeepRmovin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just purchased 2020 195s, should I install Cobra Super Ultimate AK-19 DELUXE or JBP Thrust Vector X?

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have the same boat and I did the AK-19 Deluxe on mine. The product looked like it was more stout than the JBP product and I can confirm it is nicely made with quality products. I did have to grind the bosses off the factory anode to make the bolts fit. The other reason I didn't pick the JBP product was it requires you to use JB Weld to attach parts to the housing. I didn't like that, I wanted completely mechanical attachment methods so it could be removed if I saw fit. I can also confirm it works. Low speed control is much better now.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Cobra system for all the reasons @jdkaeser mentioned.

KeepRmovin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you for the reply, does it work great or just a minor improvement? Does it effect any other aspects, speed out of the hole, planing, etc..? Do you recommend?

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I admittedly only had the boat out once before I put them on. That being said, in no wake mode without them was horrible. The boat had zero response, well not zero, but it sucked! I have not complained once in no wake mode since installing them. These boats really should come stock with them!

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can't speak to the Cobras, but my boat previously had the original thrust vectors on them. I recently just upgraded to the Xs. Install was easy, and even from the originals to the X was a good performance bump. I'm happy with them. They have a second spring on them to help keep them down a bit more than previous versions, but they aren't permanently down. That topic is up for debate on whether it's good or bad to have them down nonstop like the Cobras, but I've been happy with my X fins so far. For what that's worth.

On top of that, Will and his team have been absolutely incredible to work with, and I can't recommend them enough.

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Either should work for low speed.
I have the TVX on ours and they are great. Install was pretty simple. I bought them in last summer’s group buy.
I had no issue with maneuvering at speed so I was happy to get the savings. If you want the additional control input at speed, get the cobras.

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have not been on a boat that has had them but i can say i have not had any issues without them on my boat, close to 40hrs now

Jores

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
i went with the thrusters- that said I kind of wish I had bought the cobra's because of better control at speed. I think either would be fine at low speed (ours are) but the cobra's would give the option of more control at speed.

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Unsure if it’s still true, but if you intend to install the L13 cone, the Thrust Vector doesn’t seem to work well with the cone. It seemingly bends the center piece of the Vector.

I knew I was installing the cone for my 19 195 so I went with the Cobras.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
i went with the thrusters- that said I kind of wish I had bought the cobra's because of better control at speed. I think either would be fine at low speed (ours are) but the cobra's would give the option of more control at speed.
I went with the Thrust Vectors, whatever version was available 5 years ago, and I've generally stayed away from the Cobra/TV Debates, but you want more control at speed? I guess I just don't understand that statement. I've driving inboards, I/O, Outboards, and Jets, and at speed, I haven't really noticed a discernible difference in the amount of control at speed in any of those boats, including my 212X before I put the TVs on.

KeepRmovin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for all the great comments, I am going to go with the Cobra Super Ultimate AK-19 DELUXE and will let you all know how they perform. I like the fact that they are all metal construction and seem to be a really high quallity design.

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks for all the great comments, I am going to go with the Cobra Super Ultimate AK-19 DELUXE and will let you all know how they perform. I like the fact that they are all metal construction and seem to be a really high quallity design.
Might want to buy Jeff's extra piece he's created for the center horizontal plate. If he made it after the fact (when I bought mine in February, it didn't exist yet), there must be a reason. I bought the add on a few weeks ago but haven't yet installed it.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
I think the cobra fins would help the boat track while towing a wakeboard or tuber vs the thrust vectors. But who knows.

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Unsure if it’s still true, but if you intend to install the L13 cone, the Thrust Vector doesn’t seem to work well with the cone. It seemingly bends the center piece of the Vector.

I knew I was installing the cone for my 19 195 so I went with the Cobras.
@steve0617 This is Interesting as my boat came with TV XV’s and I am trying to order a Lucky 13 cone. Not sure I want to damage my Thrust Vectors. Where did you read that?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Super ultimate ak-19 deluxe system is the one you should put on that boat, laser cut ,tempered aluminum, adjustable and selectable and they are designed so the super fins have the top portion up out of the water when the boat is on plane and totally in the water when it is at slow and no wake / idle speed. You decide the amount of the fins that are actually making contact with the water at speed. This system is made to keep the bottom of the fins at the level of the bottom of your keel and rudder so it does not increase the hulls draft . The system also has the planing surface added between the fins for a faster hole shot and a smoother ride in chop . The system does no remove the stainless steel standoffs that the reverse bucket pivots on nor does it require any epoxies for installation and there is never any plastic parts. The system ordered on my web site has a buy direct discounted price of only $268.99 with free domestic priority mail included . And installation is very easy usually .

Attachments

KeepRmovin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I installed the super ultimate ak-19 deluxe system yesterday, it went on in less than 30 minutes, super easy, and really sturdy. I am impressed, will test it out this weekend and let you all know. Thanks to Jeff for the outstanding support when I called.