• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Cumberland meet and greet!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sadly :bawling: I won't be able to make Cumberland or Shelbyville this year due to military training! I hope you all have a good time and be safe out there!!
That sucks man! I was really looking forward to getting to know you better at Shelbyville. Oh well, it's for a good cause. Thank you for your service sir!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
8 days!
Still need to wire up speaker stuff 100% and give the pumps a once-through.
Maybe even hang my wakeboard racks?
20160712_204549.jpg

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@Speedling , I hope you all have a great trip down to cumberland. We will most definitely try to get there next year, It sounds like a nice lake and we want to go check out places down that way. We will however see you at Shelbyville!!!!! Cant wait to hang out with everone again..

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are a solid "maybe".

We are working out the final details to make it down there. If we go we will be camping, probably at the State Park, but we are open to suggestions on other campgrounds. We would plan on getting there on Friday night and probably leaving on Monday or Tuesday.

Hopefully it will work out.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are a solid "maybe".
@Speedling with the arrival today of our new 2 room tent combined with the forecast for next weekend looking good, we have moved from a "solid maybe" to a "strong probably" status. We are going to wait until we look at the forecast on Wednesday morning before confirming a camping spot. Last I looked there were over 70 camping spots available, so we aren't worried about it being sold out.

Hopefully it will work out for us to come down.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling with the arrival today of our new 2 room tent combined with the forecast for next weekend looking good, we have moved from a "solid maybe" to a "strong probably" status. We are going to wait until we look at the forecast on Wednesday morning before confirming a camping spot. Last I looked there were over 70 camping spots available, so we aren't worried about it being sold out.

Hopefully it will work out for us to come down.
That would be awesomeness!

sfog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Speedling , just stumbled onto this thead. My family and I just arrived down here. We are staying at our family cabin 1 mile east of CB and will be here through Sunday. We like to make the run down to 76 falls once a trip but will probably be doing so early this week. We are however, planning on heading to difficulty on Saturday.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling , just stumbled onto this thead. My family and I just arrived down here. We are staying at our family cabin 1 mile east of CB and will be here through Sunday. We like to make the run down to 76 falls once a trip but will probably be doing so early this week. We are however, planning on heading to difficulty on Saturday.
Awesome!
Raft up at difficulty and then probably lunch at Conley bottom if most of you want to go!
Playing by ear a bit because my parents are coming down and i don't know when they will arrive.
Is your cottage north or south of the lake?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Note of randomness; if we can hear over the motors at all i will probably set to channel 68.

sfog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome!
Raft up at difficulty and then probably lunch at Conley bottom if most of you want to go!
Playing by ear a bit because my parents are coming down and i don't know when they will arrive.
Is your cottage north or south of the lake?
Might be in for lunch as well, just depend on the timing. What is your tentative time to go to difficulty?

North side of the lake between white oak creek and mills spring.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I will be at difficulty creek/cove all morning until Lunch!
I will probably be out early if my wife lets me, like, 8 am parked already if my crew lets me. Saturday of course.
Lunch like 1-2ish probably? Depends on who's showing up and wants to go eat!

Looks like a cool area to have a cottage! We certainly will be looking at least one of our days out there as places and areas to get an idea of where we would want a cottage. Gotta dump serious money into where we are now but that's the retirement plan!

sfog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow 8am! Not sure I could get my crew out that early. Realistically we will be shooting for 10-10:30 before we can make it out there.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Wow 8am! Not sure I could get my crew out that early. Realistically we will be shooting for 10-10:30 before we can make it out there.
Anytime! Or, boating time!
I will monitor channel 68 and this thread a bit more when there.

Hoping to get insight from the "group" on what you want to try and do as a group for next year. Especially as far as planning stuff out. Stuff like meals, raft ups, lodging, etc is always up for discussion. I never have made it past the wolf creek branch heading north/east so it will be fun!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That would be awesomeness!
Well, we are back out. The lady I work with, had her Father-in-Law pass away yesterday and she will be out this Monday and Tuesday for the services. I thought about kindly suggesting that they move the services to Tuesday and Wednesday so I could hit the lake until Monday, but decided I better keep my mouth shut. Unfortunately both of us can't be off at the same time, or I guess the whole company would collapse, so we won't make it down there this weekend. I just can't justify driving 4 hours down on Friday night and leaving on Sunday afternoon for 4 hours back home, hauling the boat all the way down and back for only 1 full day on the water.

I hope you all have a fantastic trip, and I really hope we can join you next year.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Well, we are back out. The lady I work with, had her Father-in-Law pass away yesterday and she will be out this Monday and Tuesday for the services. I thought about kindly suggesting that they move the services to Tuesday and Wednesday so I could hit the lake until Monday, but decided I better keep my mouth shut. Unfortunately both of us can't be off at the same time, or I guess the whole company would collapse, so we won't make it down there this weekend. I just can't justify driving 4 hours down on Friday night and leaving on Sunday afternoon for 4 hours back home, hauling the boat all the way down and back for only 1 full day on the water.

I hope you all have a fantastic trip, and I really hope we can join you next year.
Bummer man!
Responsibility is hard to deal with sometimes. Makes you feel like you make a difference in the world though.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
3 am this morning
Screenshot_20160722-024751.png

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Arrived and unpacked and just strolling the dock.
Hope to see some of you at difficulty creek in the morning!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We need pictures!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I am already late! We slept in!
View from our cabin is right over water and the launch... if you could see through trees that is.
20160723_082813.jpg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
One cabin with loft and a really cool crew member.
20160723_090010.jpg