• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Murray Floating Cabins - Ardmore, OK - June 5-7th 2015

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Dang Bob, was looking forward to seeing you. We will catch you later when the water drains!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BravoMike

if you can give me until tomorrow I'll probably take your reservation,

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Scott. Sent my cell number to you in a conversation.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Were paid up! And Clara is off now this coming weekend. So we are headed up to Murray to try out one of the great RV campgrounds. While there, we will scope out the lake for anchorage/beach/coves that we may want to consider for our daytime water rendezvous spot!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Were paid up! And Clara is off now this coming weekend. So we are headed up to Murray to try out one of the great RV campgrounds. While there, we will scope out the lake for anchorage/beach/coves that we may want to consider for our daytime water rendezvous spot!
I sent my final payment in today too. Its been a weird weather year so far. Looking forward to your reconnaissance report @txav8r. I've been to Murray many times in past years, but curious what the current conditions may be.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Scottintexas took over my reservation for Pod 8. Happy for him, but sad for me. :( Look forward to the stories and pictures. Pray the weather is good for all of you that weekend and no thunderstorms like we have been having.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Lake Murray is 14" below normal. No rivers feed it, so it only gets direct rain. It is in good shape and all pods are open. The East Coytage is being moved the week after the holiday weekend and will be ready as well. It was moved out when it was 8' low last year and the walkway is underwater so they have to move it. Almost time!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are there chairs on the decks around the pods or do we need to bring our own? Are there grills? I know we can't bring pets so I've taken care of that part. I'm in need of some boat time and it ain't happening this weekend. I'm so frustrated!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Grills and picnic tables. Take a look back at around page
2-4 of this thread for pics @PEARCE

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Kinda looking like Irish Coffee weather :coldfeet:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The cabin mgmnt just called me and they had a Villa open up that we are going to take, so that means two more pods should be opening up if anybody is still interested in joining us they should call right away and tell them to put you on reserve for pod 8 and 9.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The weather we have had is just insane. I am glad it sounds like Murray will be usable. See yall soon!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking forward to seeing everybody again too. And finally getting out on the boat again too. There's so much water around here we can't even use the lakes safely.

Are we as a group gonna try and plan a pot luck dinner for the Saturday night of our gathering? I'd there a place that we are allowed to gather as a group that would allow the pot luck to happen?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don't know if we can or not Pearce. They won't let more than the occupancy of the cabin it pod have more people than that on any one of them. The floating patio holds an additional number but I can't remember that number. It is supposed to be attached to my villa, but it won't hold everyone. We could have several smaller groups or at the pods, they are so close together, that 4 units are right there together, and they have the common patio between each two.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok people, this time next week it is on. I hope the weather will cooperate, i watched the weather last night and Steve Lanore said sunshine till thursday, Lets hope it stays till monday,
My sisters boyfriend bought a new 242 limited a few weeks ago, and has been unable to get the break in period completed. They will be in the floating cabins as well. He is new to Jets and i have been telling him to join the forum. I told him there is a wealth of knowledge on here and he need to be reading. Anyway i am excited and ready to get in my boat and see everyone. Im about to bust at the seams. See you all next week.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Alright! A week from now we'll be floating and chilling in some cool floating cabins on a lake that's not flooding. Us Texans are really gonna have to savor this trip because so many of the lakes around the DFW area are closed till the waters recede to safer levels. The weather appears to be making a turn for the better this week and getting a break from the flooding rain and severe storms. I can hardly wait to see some sunny weather and some great friends that we haven't seen in almost a year.

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
seeing as how I cant make the bimini trip, me and the wife will run down Saturday and say hi if that's ok? literally haven't put the boat in the water yet this year! weather has been beyond bad!