• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Murray Floating Cabins - Ardmore, OK - June 5-7th 2015

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Greg M , I think there may be a couple pods open still if you want to enjoy the weekend!

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
we might stay sat night but wont know until Saturday. (trying to not go to a party Saturday night with some friends - getting too old for dat'chit)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
A few of us are "too old for dat' chit...so we just go to supervise:winkingthumbsup"

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When is everyone planning on arriving at the resort? We're planning to get going early to drop the dog at camp and be at Costco when they open to pickup a few things. We may or may not stop for lunch at one of our restaurants in the area we're driving through on the way to the lake. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new ones too. Also looking forward to some long overdue lake time!:)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@PEARCE , if we arrive about the same time, we can get the boats launched and retrieve the cars together. I may go early too and get the boat in the water and up to the cabin, but I will be alone and I am looking for a ride to the ramp and back...it isn't right there. Either the marina ramp or the ramp across the cove (less busy) will be used.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I plan on being there around 10 or 11. or 9 if i can get my lazy ass out of bed!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am only about 50 miles from there Jeb. As I mentioned, I thought about running up and launching the boat early in the day and coming back to pick up Clara or getting her in Gainesville. She won't be off until 5pm at the earliest. She could just come up from there, we will see.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a meeting on Friday until around noon. Might have to wear my bathing suit under my work threads.

I plan on leaving straight from work to the cabins!!

:thumbsup:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r we'll certainly help you out if you haven't gotten the ded done by the time we get there.

@Jebinok that's not necessarily my problem on a no school/work day since I'm excited it's a long boating weekend, but it is a little trouble for some of the other members of the family to get moving in the morning. o_O

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is the marina ramp the best option or is there somewhere else that's just as easy or more convenient? I noticed that there's a ramp to the north that's at the end of Gate House road that you turn off from 77. That same 77 takes you to Lodge road that takes you to the resort.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Pearce, the nearest ramps are the marina and this ramp on Tipps Point Rd. From the parking lot at the Lodge go 1/2 mile back down Lodge Rd. toward I-35, west toward the visitors center, to the intersection of Lodge Rd and OK775, go north on OK775 for 1.1 miles to Gate House Rd. and turn right. Go 1/2 mile to Tipps Point Rd. and turn right. Go 0.6 of a mile to the ramp at the dead end. So it is 2.7 miles to the ramp, but the ramp to the cabin is right across the cove. Parking for the trailer won't be at your cabin parking, it is just inside the road in front of the cabins just past the lodge parking. It will fill up with all of us, so the overflow will be the lodge parking lot.
Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 5.32.04 PM.png

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great news that all ramps are open! Last July only the marina ramp was open. You had to have two people as one had to drive the vehicle and trailer to the parking area around the floating cabins. I wish we were able to go! The wife and I are taking our first extended trip away from the kids. We fly to New Orleans on Wednesday. Have a safe trip and let me know how it goes. We have the east cabin booked July 5th-8th.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My guess with that we will arrive around 4 PM. Thursday is our last day of school. We have a five hour drive and will need to stop for groceries along the way.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm thinking a glass of wine mid cove anchored next to some of my buds along about 9 or 10?

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm thinking a glass of wine mid cove anchored next to some of my buds along about 9 or 10?
We are bringing a margarita maker and two batteries. Bring your ingredients and we will have the machinery. Vino is for the mature crowd. Although I should caveat that with the fact that we had a bottle with dinner that has not worn off yet.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm planning to leave the house around noon Friday. Will stop for lunch along the way and should arrive mid-afternoon.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Somebody has to be mature...and we all get there!

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
TX, you mentioned you had or they had a pod/cabin available? still if so how much? thinking of heading down Friday.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length