• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Powell must see spots.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lone rock this afternoon. Not too crowded yet. Though the rest of them may be under water with how fast it’s coming up.

Darn. The video clip didn’t work. Hopefully the picture will suffice. It is way busier than this picture leads on.

Attachments

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Saw 8 Yamahas. 1 newer ar240 behind a houseboat on the other side of K dock from me. 1 of them was towing a houseboat back (I saw two ski boats towing houseboats back up the channel, totally off thing to see).

Really fun to see :).

Attachments

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
CRC this morning. 4.5’ deep from my keel. Was 5.1’ deep on the way back. Dangling rope is 6.1$/GAL right now. Yikes.

Note, there is likely going to be a section of the hike to RBB where the path is under water but the docks aren’t far enough back yet. Not sure what NPS is going to do there for access until it rises enough.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OMG.
What an epic day 1. This place is HEAVEN.
IMG_9193.jpgIMG_9188.jpgIMG_9262.jpgIMG_9246.jpgIMG_9217.jpgIMG_9129.jpgIMG_9118.jpgIMG_9153.jpgIMG_9210.jpg

--

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Basically, we launched in Wahweap and ran around the place, then headed to Rainbow Bridge Canyon stopping in a couple of places on the way back.

@J-RAD my AR240 runs about 41mph top spinning at barely 7,100RPM at WOT here. Thought you would want to know.

I found Non-EtOH 91 octane in a Shell station next to our parking lot (Hampton Inn). So I ran that with my Riva tunes, all day including the Rainbow canyon with no refuel, but I was mostly cruising at my optimal RPM of about 5,800. @Ridesteady makes it so easy to find the sweet spot int eh RPM range, and hold it.
Perfect day on the water!

Thanks so much guys for great advice here!
Oh, and yeah, those "whales" are real! and quite impressive, right off the channle in some places. Here is one of the sightings:

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Basically, we launched in Wahweap and ran around the place, then headed to Rainbow Bridge Canyon stopping in a couple of places on the way back.

@J-RAD my AR240 runs about 41mph top spinning at barely 7,100RPM at WOT here. Thought you would want to know.

I found Non-EtOH 91 octane in a Shell station next to our parking lot (Hampton Inn). So I ran that with my Riva tunes, all day including the Rainbow canyon with no refuel, but I was mostly cruising at my optimal RPM of about 5,800. @Ridesteady makes it so easy to find the sweet spot int eh RPM range, and hold it.
Perfect day on the water!

Thanks so much guys for great advice here!
Oh, and yeah, those "whales" are real! and quite impressive, right off the channle in some places. Here is one of the sightings:
View attachment 96043

--
Whales huh? Lol!! Those ones are biters I hear. 41 is where I top out most of the time. Although running light, I've hit 43 maybe once... :sorry: I lie to myself and say it's mid 40's... lol!

I'm super jealous! Looks like as m epic day. Have fun out there and keep the pics coming.

#iwillreturn

Last edited:

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
4500’ pitched screws with no ribbon and a full tank of fuel, I do 43 in my boat. But that is with a layer of yuck on the bottom from keeping it slipped through the summer. Ours is getting acid washed and waxed right not before she gets a new cover made and then goes to her slip in rockport for the summer.

Back in the day, when I swapped screws for LP, I did 48 with 3500’ pitched screws and ribbon delete. But I didn’t like my hole shot when the boat was loaded up heavy so I have stuck with my higher altitude screws. I like them a *lot* more. And they make a lot of sense to leave in because I boat mostly at 6500’ altitude.

Really glad you had fun. It’s such an alien landscape to most.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski this trip of yours is making me want to plan one for us. We'd be hauling the boat and doing the hotel/cabin thing like y'all. How are you carrying your additional 40 gallons of fuel? Is this Riva flash you speak of only for the 1.8's or is there one for the MR-1's too? Would my motors benefit from it if it is available? Keep the pics coming please!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski this trip of yours is making me want to plan one for us. We'd be hauling the boat and doing the hotel/cabin thing like y'all. How are you carrying your additional 40 gallons of fuel? Is this Riva flash you speak of only for the 1.8's or is there one for the MR-1's too? Would my motors benefit from it if it is available? Keep the pics coming please!
I'll certainly keep you posted, pics and mods, and experiences here. Our first impressions of this place: it is insanely amazing. I just don;t think there is anything like this anywhere else on this planet.

We benefited from members' advice here tremendously. Everything these guys said we try to do and it works!

For example, staying in a hotel in Page and launching daily (Wahweap is currently the only option, and it is nice as it is a Nat Park serviced) - makes the trip so much easier as you can rest and stage the boat in the hotel parking lot for the particular days activities, etc.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are out for the day, the plan is to try to tackle Escalante River arm today.
Key word: try, it's a long way from Wahweap!

--

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are out for the day, the plan is to try to tackle Escalante River arm today.
Key word: try, it's a long way from Wahweap!

--
Have fun! Escalante is my favorite part of the lake.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We got "stuck" in the Reflection Canyon.

What a day!

We covered some 110-120miles, topped off in Dangling just to check the place - it is something else!

And we checked out the Glen Canyon Dam!

It was a full day...

--

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our first impressions of this place: it is insanely amazing. I just don;t think there is anything like this anywhere else on this planet.
This is my impression each time I come here! With over 2,000 miles of shoreline and fluctuating water levels it’s different each and every time.

I’m glad this place has lived up to our hype about it. It sounds like it’s been worth the trip here for you! How many more days are you here? What other areas are you planning to check out?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you, brother! I feel so blessed to have the advice from you and other forum members posting here, it's made this trip so much more enjoyable.

Pictures do not do this place justice! Funny thing is, looking at the pics is almost frustrating - there is simply no way to render the beauty of this place with 2D photographs.

We want to visit the lower Antelope today, and the Navajo Canyon (I do understand hiking is prohibited, without a guide), then maybe just relax a bit and wake board and maybe even pull the tube out for a change of pace - in one of the thousand coves (in what feels like away from the world).

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Man I'd love to boat there someday!! AWESOME pics and thanks for sharing @swatski

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another epic day today!

The Antelope Canyon:

Navajo Canyon - probably the highlight of the trip - unreal!

And then, Labyrinth Canyon, that was crazy:
(see the clip in the post below)

(yes, I'm a good jet boat driver! lol But this trip is testing my skills, was... pretty daunting)

And then some relaxing in Face Canyon, and tubing, lol

--

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is what some of those Canyons look like when boating through!

We went through some passages with maybe 5-10" of space to spare on each side.
My Yammie did really well, I'm proud of her. I also have a lot of trust in my steering (Cobra).

Please switch to 1080p

--