• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Powell

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The USBR is forecasting a 44 foot rise in Powell this year so should be almost 20 feet higher than last year. There's also been a lot of snow fallen since that forecast so it may actually be higher. I'm crossing my fingers.
That is really good news!

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Snow pack is above normal this year so it should be a good year, last year the water level was about 30 feet below the ramp at Bullfrog. I'll be at The Nautical on Lake Havasu from the 15th to the 20th of April (8 hours driving) .

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On the Utah side we have some cool drawing and ruins from the Anasazi Indians

I think this was drawn by the Red Hot Chili Peppers in the early 1990's??

LOL

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Snow pack is above normal this year so it should be a good year, last year the water level was about 30 feet below the ramp at Bullfrog. I'll be at The Nautical on Lake Havasu from the 15th to the 20th of April (8 hours driving) .
We will be just upstream at Pirates Cove (20miles north) 13-18th

mrlanemeyer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like the NPS at Lake Powell have stopped inspecting boats entering the lake and have started making sure people are pulling their plugs leaving the lake. So for anyone going to Powell looks like you wont need to hit the inspection station or display the green muscle free certification to launch.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hello @vt650 ! Welcome to the forum! Great that you can get to Powell, sure wish it was closer for us. You might want to add your location in your profile so the member map updates automatically. Once again welcome, and take pics to post while at powell!

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That looks like Moki Canyon? We had one windy day but glass the other 2 days.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Where were you guys in those pics?

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
forgotten canyon lake powell I don't think I have ever been to Richfield I had to look it up on Google Maps haha that's a pretty small town, where do boat ? (besides Powell?)

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aerial photo of Forgotten Canyon, Lake Powell, Utah

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We got back from Powell on the 5th, stayed in Padre Bay and ... holy cow I was surprised with how much crap there was in the water due to the high runoff. I kept a collection of the large items I pulled from my impeller... it included a plastic water bottle lid I acquired when leaving Rainbow Bridge, and 4 large sticks that I got leaving from and coming back to the houseboat slips. That and I threw about 3 sage brush back into the lake. Such a beautiful place LP is though!

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We got back from Powell on the 5th, stayed in Padre Bay and ... holy cow I was surprised with how much crap there was in the water due to the high runoff. I kept a collection of the large items I pulled from my impeller... it included a plastic water bottle lid I acquired when leaving Rainbow Bridge, and 4 large sticks that I got leaving from and coming back to the houseboat slips. That and I threw about 3 sage brush back into the lake. Such a beautiful place LP is though!
Windy conditions usually doesn't help keeping things in the boat that's for sure we were lucky as far as the impeller goes I didn't have anything in mine.

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like we are neighbors, Good looking boat did you get it from South Valley Motorsports

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We were lucky, only 1 day of W!#& in the weeks we were down there. Hopefully we get more of the same in September when we go down there again. Hopefully I have your luck when I'm there as it relates to impellers :).

p.s. (not trying to hijack your thread) how many other people from Sandy are active on this forum?

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks! Yeah (re: SVMS) :). Adam helped me out there. Great guy, and I'm not just saying that because I know he lurks this forum ;-).

I live near Alta High.

vt650

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
forgotten canyon lake powell I don't think I have ever been to Richfield I had to look it up on Google Maps haha that's a pretty small town, where do boat ? (besides Powell?)
We spend most of our boating time at Yuba. Perfect for wakeboarding and Kneeboarding, plus it's close. Usually get to Powell once and twice if I'm feeling rich.