• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lateral Thruster 2.0

rvictor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Does anybody have any experience / feedback running the new Lateral Thruster 2.0? Especially looking for dual engine feedback as I am considering for my 2019 Yamaha 242X. Thanks in advance for any information good or bad,

Installed them on my 195S, and they were great. Great control at low speed for docking.

No significant impact on reversing or coming off the trailer. No boat lift for me.

Same as above. I actually did not feel any difference when backing off the trailer. I can feel the difference around the dock as far as control goes. Still not as good as a Scarab / Seadoo.

Consider the CJs. Improve control everywhere not just the docks.

Does anybody have any experience / feedback running the new Lateral Thruster 2.0? Especially looking for dual engine feedback as I am considering for my 2019 Yamaha 242X. Thanks in advance for any information good or bad,
I just installed them 3 weeks ago along with thrust vectors. I have had the boat for 4 seasons and really only went to them for better control around the dock because the lake I’m on always seems to be windy which is always a problem around the dock. I do navigate the boat with throttles synced always.. Here is my experience: with the thrust vectors I get almost immediate response in the steering. However, with the lateral thrusters I have found the boat to be less controllable around the dock in reverse. In fact it’s so bad that the boat now takes about 10 times longer to turn in reverse and I can no longer just swing the Stern into the dock or even slow the boats forward motion. The first two times out were very windy and I thought that was causing the issue but I was out yesterday and it was calm and it reacted the same. JBP makes great products but I feel like I wasted money on these. Needless to say, they are coming off the boat this week.

Yamaha's 2019 and newer nozzle design with the split angled reverse thrust tubes is a huge improvement over the previous nozzle designs and I have said this many times do not mess with it.

Attachments

• duel angled reverse water from new nozzles in comparison to previous nozzles.jpg
    duel angled reverse water from new nozzles in comparison to previous nozzles.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 54
I ended up installing them both on my 2019 242x this spring and it has been a game changer. Slow speed control is amazing. I can turn the boat on a dime and hit the center of my boat lift every time, even in windy conditions. At the gas dock I now go bow in and the stern pulls right around for me. Last year I had only the thrust vectors installed and I did not have this much control. Especially in reverse and lateral movement is incredible. Adding the lateral has been amazing. Thanks Will and Jet Boat Pilot for amazing products.

That can be accomplished simply by operating the throttle controls using neutral / reverse/ neutral / forward or staggering them in neutral and then reverse, just bumping the controls will make any twin engine duel throttle jet boat move one inch at a time in forward or reverse and from one side to the other. with NO loss of real reverse thrust. Most people try to drive a boat like a car they put it in gear and leave it there . learn to use the controls as I stated and you will be amazed how easily the boat does what you want it to.

Yes. I drive the boat like a car. These two features allow that to be done very easy. No need to be splitting throttles. I use throttle sync. Control with one and can turn that boat on a dime. Highly recommend thrust vector and latteral thrusters for maximum control using throttle sync. Very easy!

Yes. I drive the boat like a car. These two features allow that to be done very easy. No need to be splitting throttles. I use throttle sync. Control with one and can turn that boat on a dime. Highly recommend thrust vector and latteral thrusters for maximum control using throttle sync. Very easy!
Hmmmm

mmmmm? 2019 came with reverse thruster, i know i had a 2019 242 se, didnt your X came with them too?
2019 was the first year of the redesign. I was hoping to improve it with the lateral thruster 2.0 but it seems less controllable to me now. FYI, I never run the engines independently. They are always synced

2019 was the first year of the redesign. I was hoping to improve it with the lateral thruster 2.0 but it seems less controllable to me now. FYI, I never run the engines independently. They are always synced
Me too my engines are always synced, even when i had my 2007, the with the 2019 it felt amazing just using 1 lever to control bth engine, still doing it with the 252.

I just installed thrust vectors and lateral thrusters on a 2022 195s. The thrust vectors are amazing and I highly recommend. Honestly I wish I would have saved the money on the lateral thrusters. I may not have enough time using the lateral thrusters but the boat handled fine stock in reverse. I actually prefer the stock responsiveness. More backwards and less turn. Jet Boat Pilot is top notch.

Last edited:
Installed them on my 195S, and they were great. Great control at low speed for docking.
I am just about to add it tomorrow to mine. Do you have the Thrust Vectors? If not do you feel like you need them also or are you happy with the LT 2.0?

I am just about to add it tomorrow to mine. Do you have the Thrust Vectors? If not do you feel like you need them also or are you happy with the LT 2.0?
You might be ok on your single engine. I installed them on my twin and operate with throttles synced. I cannot steer in either direction in reverse an have removed them. I’m not happy about pissing away $150 on them. I could have bought 10 gallons of fuel!

You might be ok on your single engine. I installed them on my twin and operate with throttles synced. I cannot steer in either direction in reverse an have removed them. I’m not happy about pissing away $150 on them. I could have bought 10 gallons of fuel!

These boats don't need lateral thrusters. Side to side movement is not an issue with these boats. Reverse thrust in general is.

Back