• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Laying across the motors ?

jmargo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had to lay across the motor to access something in the rear of the bilge. What do you use to not hurt your chest when doing it ? I took the cover off to keep from breaking it. Thinking some sort of foam pad.

PFD maybe for something quick.

When I installed sound proofing in the engine compartment I laid on top of a piece of plywood with a pad on top of it. Worth the cost of the plywood if you will be on there a while.

I just did that yesterday.......I removed engine covers and just 4 large towels folded a little larger than the motor valve cover the thickness was around 4 inched thick .......also before laying towels down and my body I unplugged the coil packs......... don't want any plastic parts breaking off.

Thanks, I will try out some of the suggestions.

Be aware of the dipsticks when laying across the motors. I snapped the top off of my starboard motor's dipstick working across the motor. Had to remove the dipstick tube from the oil pan to get the rest of the dipstick out. But yeah, I just remove the engine covers and use a life jacket.

Be aware of the dipsticks when laying across the motors. I snapped the top off of my starboard motor's dipstick working across the motor. Had to remove the dipstick tube from the oil pan to get the rest of the dipstick out. But yeah, I just remove the engine covers and use a life jacket.

X2. Take it out to prevent breaking it.

When I installed sound proofing in the engine compartment I laid on top of a piece of plywood with a pad on top of it. Worth the cost of the plywood if you will be on there a while.
At least we don't have to choose between a boat and plywood anymore

Last edited:
Back