• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Leaving the boating game

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I am official to leave the boating game. Our pool is dug out and wating on concrete. Dont think we will be using the boat enough to Justify the expense. Posted the mini-van of the sea on Boat Trader.

Knowles Residence (5).jpg

Last edited:

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I am official to leave the boating game. Our pool is dug out and wating on concrete. Dont think we will be using the boat enough to Justify the expense. Posted the mini-van of the sea on Boat Trader.

View attachment 193185
Pool looks good. We got the pool & boat in 2019-2020. Wish we could sell our pool 😂😂

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pool looks good. We got the pool & boat in 2019-2020. Wish we could sell our pool 😂😂
Haha. Taking the boat out on a sat then 2 or 3 at the house the next day washing and waxing. Thats my whole damn weekend.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t think I could replace boating with a swimming pool. Looks like fun though.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don’t think I could replace boating with a swimming pool. Looks like fun though.
Between the price of gas, our storage fee went up, Maintenance and insurance its much cheaper to just rent a boat once or twice a month here in FL if we want to get out.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha. Taking the boat out on a sat then 2 or 3 at the house the next day washing and waxing. Thats my whole damn weekend.
You are just swapping boat cleaning for pool cleaning. Having had a pool now for 14 years that I never swim in but have to maintain, I can tell you the boat is easier to own and not use. They both just sit in the yard with covers on them!!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are just swapping boat cleaning for pool cleaning. Having had a pool now for 14 years that I never swim in but have to maintain, I can tell you the boat is easier to own and not use. They both just sit in the yard with covers on them!!
The up side is i am in FL and if needed i can turn the heater on. I think the hot tub will get the most use.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone ever have any luck with Boat Trader? I know its not boating season. I have gotten a few "my shipping agent will contact you after they mail a check for more than asking price" 🙄

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any one ever use www.boatsfsbo.com ? Seems like facebook and boat trader are just full of scams.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tried boattrader once, total waste of money. FB or Craigslist should move it, I'd think - just need to be patient with the idiots.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
10000% Pay someone to maintain the pool. Some of the best $120 a month I spend. Pool stays crystal clear and clean.

I've bought a boat off BoatTrader... so it does work from time to time.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have never bought or sold via boat trader. Been successful with eBay(to connect with buyers and sellers but never completed the deal through it), Craig’s list and face book market place. If you haven’t already placed the ad here you should it’s how I found a great deal on a donor boat.

Semi related - probaly by tomorrow night I will offer to sell the deluxe cover from the donor boat (2017 at 240) to everyone else now that I’ve been reminded that you are getting out of boating.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Our 2019 242SE sold in 12 days using a combination of Facebook Groups and Str8up Toys (Str8Up Toy Trader – Buy & Sell Toys). Also, I did find success using Ebay when we sold our 2013 212SS years ago.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Pool install is looking good!

If you haven't yet sold the boat, make sure you list it on Facebook Marketplace, as this is to go to place for many folks.

Jim

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pool install is looking good!

If you haven't yet sold the boat, make sure you list it on Facebook Marketplace, as this is to go to place for many folks.

Jim
Shes on there. Got a few "i'll send you a link, please click it, or my shipping agenr" bla bla bla

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Laying pipe at my house today haha
20230210_172702.jpg20230210_172656.jpg