• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed LectroTab Trim Tabs Group Buy 2020-Ends March 31 2020

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm curious about the controller position near the throttles. That's what I think I'm going to do because it seems right. Those of you who have been doing that for some time now: If you had to cut the hole over again, would you place it elsewhere?

Those of us preparing to do permanent damage want to know. ;)
The reason I did NOT put mine near the throttles was because I am on the bolster a lot and I stand while I drive some. I wouldn't be able to reach them if they were near the throttles.

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm curious about the controller position near the throttles. That's what I think I'm going to do because it seems right. Those of you who have been doing that for some time now: If you had to cut the hole over again, would you place it elsewhere?

Those of us preparing to do permanent damage want to know. ;)
It has been fine for me. Its not the most ideal spot as far as ergonomics but im not touching the controller very often so it works.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Above the throttles was the best spot I could find for mine. When you are moving, the throttles are forward and block the controller, making it more difficult to see and to reach, but not impossibly so. I could still adjust them just fine and see the lights when I needed to.

Ideally I would think that to the port or starboard of the throttles would be ideal, but there is no space there on mine. And no space on the dash over there (other than next to the no wake switch, but not enough room there I think).

So, happy where I put it.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So doing a little hardware research and I came across a site called "Bolt Depot."

They have a great (free) 32-page pdf will every bit of information you could ever need about fasteners.

I'm going to make a laminated book out of it for the garage. If you do the same, be sure to set your print settings to "Actual Size". Any other scaling will screw up the layover charts.

Price and delivery seems on-par with Amazon. I'm going to throw them a bone and get my fasteners for this project through them. (Can't work on the boat for a while yet so I can wait for shipping.)

No affiliation, just thought this was extremely handy.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is everyone doing about tie down straps. I am going to try to longer bolts and hope the moment is not to severe and bolt bends. Looking for good ideas.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry couldn't resist!

Not fully satisfied with drilling a hole on the trailer but I am taking it out this morning and hope the tabs don't get damaged by the straps

Attachments

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't use boat buckles. I added a 1/2" galv closed eye bolt to the trailer tie down point. It took the twist out of the strap and put the strap off the tab.

20170629_170828.jpg

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got out on the water today. 65 sunny and just a bit of wind-still there!

That would work. @zipper

Moving the buckles mount Seems to work at least to the launch. I will keep an eye on it and report back.

The is a section on the Niagara River between the bridges that is always choppy and with 2 level of tabs and 25mph I sliced through the chop like butta. On to the next mod!EFFC719C-7530-4094-9C52-A6ED2A01C751.jpeg

Philip

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This group buy over ??

Jason Kloehn

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I moved mine back an inch from the step. I chose to orient the edges down with the hinge flat. View attachment 118563View attachment 118564
There is no reason why you cannot move it back further. I wouldn't move it back further than 3" though you may not be able to get your required install angle.
View attachment 118562
Keep in mind the geometry. You don't need more than 20 degrees deflection.

Any more your trim tab lift turns into drag-not good!
So I got everything installed in about 4 hours thanks to everyone's tips. Went very smooth. One more wire to hook up. The ignition wire. Is it the same on the 230's as previously brought up on this thread? Yellow with black stripe?

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I got everything installed in about 4 hours thanks to everyone's tips. Went very smooth. One more wire to hook up. The ignition wire. Is it the same on the 230's as previously brought up on this thread? Yellow with black stripe?
@Jason Kloehn-Yes, it is the same color wire on the ignition switch for our vintage vessels.

Skytour

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Has anyone adapted the Lectrotab group buy kit (9” x 12” tabs) to a Scarab 195 and if so, could you please provide pictures. Four of us in Central Florida would like to add tabs to our 195s.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone adapted the Lectrotab group buy kit (9” x 12” tabs) to a Scarab 195 and if so, could you please provide pictures. Four of us in Central Florida would like to add tabs to our 195s.
You missed the Group By (this time around anyway) but I bet if you called him up, he'd work with you to create a custom kit.

Skytour

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
You missed the Group By (this time around anyway) but I bet if you called him up, he'd work with you to create a custom kit.
Russ at Lectrotab put together a custom system for the Scarab 195 at a nice discount. Couple pieces needed to be custom fabricated but will provide pictures, details and review once installed. Due to the sloping transom on the Scarab 195, we will be mounting the 9” x 9” trim tabs partially under the hull to allow enough room for the slimline 10” actuators. Hopeful the addition of trim tabs and trust vector make a significant improvement in handling on rougher water.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Russ at Lectrotab put together a custom system for the Scarab 195 at a nice discount. Couple pieces needed to be custom fabricated but will provide pictures, details and review once installed. Due to the sloping transom on the Scarab 195, we will be mounting the 9” x 9” trim tabs partially under the hull to allow enough room for the slimline 10” actuators. Hopeful the addition of trim tabs and trust vector make a significant improvement in handling on rougher water.
It’s like night and day on my boat.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ok so I got ahead of myself and mounted one tab. Then I noticed that some owners are pushing the trim tab far out to the sides and others mounting closer to the ride plate/ motors does it make a big difference? Now that I have 13 holes in my boat. @swatski mine are mounted more like yours maybe a 1/8" farther out