• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed LectroTab Trim Tabs Group Buy 2020-Ends March 31 2020

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Aloha @Jerry Ferrera i don’t understand what u mean. Flush mount the upper part? So out of the box the actuator won’t sit flush without twisting it?
Yes you must twist the actuators end they swivel.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
OK guys..... Be straight with me. On a scale of 1-10, how much do these help in choppy water? I am considering pulling the trigger on these for my 2019 242 Limited SE. Instead of trailering to the ICW, we have been running the river from downtown here and it is choppy about 80% of the time.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK guys..... Be straight with me. On a scale of 1-10, how much do these help in choppy water? I am considering pulling the trigger on these for my 2019 242 Limited SE. Instead of trailering to the ICW, we have been running the river from downtown here and it is choppy about 80% of the time.
Aloha @redthumper9 i hoping to take out on sea trial soon and I‘ll keep u all informed.🤙🏽

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tdonoughue need more pictures!
So, here is what we did before tonight:
IMG_20200429_212951.jpgIMG_20200429_212945.jpgIMG_20200429_212926.jpg

Tonight I added the dreaded #7 wire to the ignition. First, I removed one of the ignition switches from the helm. Easier to work on that way:
IMG_20200429_201542.jpg
Snipped the red/yellow wire as instructed; slipped on a hunk of shrink wrap tubing and soldered the wire back together along with the wire to to go #7 (blue). Then shrunk the shrink wrap:
IMG_20200429_202224.jpg
I pulled the wire through to the controller and attached it. Then, I decided to try to get the hardware I dropped down into the bilge (a wing nut and a washer) and properly attach the controller. So, I pulled the throttles:
IMG_20200429_210424.jpg
Actually found the washer (not the wing nut, but that is ok--it was the 3rd one), and while I was fishing that out noticed another on the floor that I must have dropped and missed. While I had it all out, I redrilled the holes for the controller just a bit lower, so I would not have to cut the upper box.
IMG_20200429_211520.jpg
Put it all back together, but the thing was black as you can see. Pressed the buttons--nothing. Promptly traced the power wires, found faults, corrected them. Then plugged it in and it worked! But each time I set the tabs, they autoretracted 15 seconds later. Thought for sure I had the wrong wire from the ignition switch. Got out the multimeter across #7 and ground as I worked the ignition switch. 0 volts--in all positions.

Apparently you need to plug that ignition switch you pulled back in, or it gets no power. Duh.
IMG_20200429_211525.jpg

Works perfectly. Can't wait to take her out and try it!

Attachments

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So, here is what we did before tonight:
View attachment 117374View attachment 117373View attachment 117372

Tonight I added the dreaded #7 wire to the ignition. First, I removed one of the ignition switches from the helm. Easier to work on that way:
View attachment 117365
Snipped the red/yellow wire as instructed; slipped on a hunk of shrink wrap tubing and soldered the wire back together along with the wire to to go #7 (blue). Then shrunk the shrink wrap:
View attachment 117366
I pulled the wire through to the controller and attached it. Then, I decided to try to get the hardware I dropped down into the bilge (a wing nut and a washer) and properly attach the controller. So, I pulled the throttles:
View attachment 117368
Actually found the washer (not the wing nut, but that is ok--it was the 3rd one), and while I was fishing that out noticed another on the floor that I must have dropped and missed. While I had it all out, I redrilled the holes for the controller just a bit lower, so I would not have to cut the upper box.
View attachment 117369
Put it all back together, but the thing was black as you can see. Pressed the buttons--nothing. Promptly traced the power wires, found faults, corrected them. Then plugged it in and it worked! But each time I set the tabs, they autoretracted 15 seconds later. Thought for sure I had the wrong wire from the ignition switch. Got out the multimeter across #7 and ground as I worked the ignition switch. 0 volts--in all positions.

Apparently you need to plug that ignition switch you pulled back in, or it gets no power. Duh.
View attachment 117371

Works perfectly. Can't wait to take her out and try it!
With the ALC you don't need the igntion wire. It senses when not moving and retracts the tabs

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With the ALC you don't need the igntion wire. It senses when not moving and retracts the tabs
Good to know. I have the MLC. Didn't want to drop the extra dime for that...

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I ordered today. Do they come with all the needed hardware?

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did they give you the discount. I'm jealous of the guys that got in on this deal.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Chillypilot I did get a discount. Russ told me that he always gives a discount for members of the Jetboaters forum....plus if you mention the group buy, he gives a little more. It wasn't the group buy price, but I thought it was more than fair.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@redthumper9 see post #156.
3 oz tube 5200 Fast Cure silicone adhesive
23 (get 25) #14-1-1/4 stainless steel pan head self tapping screws
Spool of 14awg wire
4 hours start to finish
1 bottle of Ardbeg single malt and a whiskey glass with two chilled stones to celebrate your achievement (after the install)

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sea (well, lake) trial today. It is a different boat. Ok, not always smooth, but you can get a much smoother ride at a much more reasonable speed. And it corrects the steering so you can actually steer instead of fighting against the wind or current all the time. Very pleased.

Thanks to all of you who not only set this up, but also all those who led the way and figured out the solution here for us. Nicely done, and I greatly appreciate it!