• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed LectroTab Trim Tabs Group Buy 2020-Ends March 31 2020

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking at this tread and the other thread, I've seen pictures with the bend pointing down and with the bend pointing up. Which way is actually the correct way?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking at this tread and the other thread, I've seen pictures with the bend pointing down and with the bend pointing up. Which way is actually the correct way?
They make them to go which ever way you want. The @swatski setup in this group buy is made to go up from what Russ at lectrotab told me.
up effects the wake less for water sports down has more grip.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those tabs with the span/chord we use provide MORE THAN ENOUGH lift for the stern, no need to add flares/fins (sides bent down).
If you flip those down, the edges act as fins and will give the boat a bit of an extra lift but also cause the tabs to list and steer the boat a lot more aggressively. Not necessarily bad, but there is no need for that either.

--

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First: Thanks, @Jerry Ferrera for the update! Will make note of that (mine arrive today).

Then: On the fins up/fins down question: I had read somewhere that you can only put them in the direction for which the hinge was designed. Are ours designed for up/down or am I all wet and you can install either way?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First: Thanks, @Jerry Ferrera for the update! Will make note of that (mine arrive today).

Then: On the fins up/fins down question: I had read somewhere that you can only put them in the direction for which the hinge was designed. Are ours designed for up/down or am I all wet and you can install either way?
The 9x16 are up unless you ordered something different I believe.

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

I am so pleased with my set, the boat is stable and actually I get less throttle movement. I can actually let go of the steering and the boat tracks on point. We took a trip out in 15knts to 20knts 2to4ft chop today just to check them out. Speed was 25 low end and 30 with no issues.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am so pleased with my set, the boat is stable and actually I get less throttle movement. I can actually let go of the steering and the boat tracks on point. We took a trip out in 15knts to 20knts 2to4ft chop today just to check them out. Speed was 25 low end and 30 with no issues.
How do you all measure wave height in your area? A 4ft wave to me would be too large for a 24ft boat to maintain 25mph.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took the boys up today to do the install.

Found out that when dad says put it 1/4" above the bottom of the boat, that does not mean 1/4" below the bottom of the boat...

A decent size job, but got it all done in a number of hours. And it all works. Just follow the yellow brick road. Drilling:
IMG_20200426_144238.jpg
Screwing (we used an impact wrench--I can't imagine trying to do these by hand. They are tight):
IMG_20200426_145633.jpg
Operations courtesy of son Mitch.

At the helm, hole for the controller:
IMG_20200426_173205.jpg
Rather tight in there, so I didn't get the side holes exactly right--a little higher than I wanted. So I will need to trim the cubby box above before I reinstall it. Not bad.

In the end, during the test, they worked!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, but a question. We did not hook up wire #7 to the ignition as we were supposed to (ran out of time). But, when we do that, anyone know where to hook to on the 2012 AR240?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, I know. But I was trying to manage two very distracted boys without losing my mind... More finished photos to come.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh, but a question. We did not hook up wire #7 to the ignition as we were supposed to (ran out of time). But, when we do that, anyone know where to hook to on the 2012 AR240?
Find a circuit behind the helm that shuts down when you turn ignition off. It allows deployed tabs to retract when the key is turned off. I will look later today to determine which circuit I tapped into. I don't remember now.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is drilling all those holes as scary as it looks? Not a big deal once you get started?

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is drilling all those holes as scary as it looks? Not a big deal once you get started?
Just keep the phrase "There's always Flex Seal" running through your mind. 🤣

I'm not a big fan of drilling holes in fiberglass - especially below the water line - hence the cardboard mock-ups.

As @sfadchi said: Measure multiple times. I'll add: Make sure you know what you're drilling into.

I'll admit, the day I got the tabs I ran up to the boat to dry-fit them and I was like a monkey doing a math problem. I thought maybe they sent me the wrong size actuators. On the 230 series boats, you have to mount them a little different.

I made up cardboard mock-ups (and more importantly, looked at a bunch of pics here) and had my "Ah ha!" moment.

Next step for me is to pull the cleanout hatch cover and find out what's on the other side of my intended locations.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doing my 2007-2010 install. Already ran into a hic-up with the short actuator and the 12X9 tabs placement on the hull. More later today!