• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed LectroTab Trim Tabs Group Buy 2020-Ends March 31 2020

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I suspect not. That would be the 'normal' way to do it.

Russ told me that once they get the orders in, they are going to have them fab'd all at once. Apparently it is a custom job, so they will get a break getting them all done at once. So he is sending them out for fab about now... Hopefully they will still be able to make the parts with all of the shutdowns. I'm hanging loose, myself.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are they not pulling the $$$ till they ship?? I have not seen it hit my bank yet.
The person I spoke with told me that I wouldn't be charged until they actually ship. They are hoping for mid-April ship date.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For those that had to have someone install these what did you pay? No way I can do this myself.
Tools required: Hole Punch, 3" Drill bit, Chisel, 5lb sledge hammer

Consumables: WD-40, Bailing Wire, Duct Tape, 2 five-gallon buckets of Flex-Seal (white if possible but don't get picky) ;)

Seriously though, I'd talk to other boaters in your area and see if you can get a recommendation for a good shop. It doesn't have to be a Yamaha dealer, they just should be a place that's known for being good at any kind of below-the-waterline installations.

The Caveat here is that if they are good they will probably be very busy and it will probably take a while to get in.

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Grrr, i missed out on this! Dragged my feet and now the wife is wondering if i bought them🤦‍♂️stupid

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha @BakedZiti did u try contacting them directly? Maybe u still can get in on it.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like mine's arriving tomorrow - just in time as my marina just opened back up (in a limited capacity) so I can get the boat on a rack. Got too many projects to work on before these tabs though unfortunately...

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks like mine's arriving tomorrow - just in time as my marina just opened back up (in a limited capacity) so I can get the boat on a rack. Got too many projects to work on before these tabs though unfortunately...
How were you notified? I havent heard anything. No rush just wondering

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got mine in today, super quick. Plates feel beefy and although the hinges have a bit of play, I’m sure they’ll firm up once they’re triangulated with the actuators. Only hiccup was that I got an MLC controller instead of the SLC I ordered, but a quick call to Russ and the correct one is on the way. In theory if I was installing today I could still mount everything up except that, which would be a quick wrap up.

FDA4CA17-F01A-47C0-97B9-B5FCD0C51E57.jpeg
B9633EB7-B2B4-4C2C-88B5-093D1A480D68.jpeg
31FC5EE8-2CB5-43DA-BB70-9D70BAD0CD35.jpeg

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just had my Card charged so I guess they are on the way. I wanted to pick them up but times like this we must sacrifice

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just had my Card charged so I guess they are on the way. I wanted to pick them up but times like this we must sacrifice
You are in the same boat as me. They can almost throw them to my dock... but i must wait for the UPS man..

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lets see those install photos! Perhaps someone do a nice write up from start to finish?
@Julian should i do a video of me dropping it off at the marina, and picking it back up? Would that count as a write up?

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lets see those install photos! Perhaps someone do a nice write up from start to finish?
I am planning on doing an install video for the 190, as soon as I can rescue the boat from storage.

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my UPS shipping notice today. Will be here Friday (maybe, pending COVID19 shipping delays).