• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed LectroTab Trim Tabs Group Buy 2020-Ends March 31 2020

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I missed this thread, been busy.

This is a fantastic mod if you ever boat in rough water, chop, or need to deal with an occasional large wake. If I rated all my mods by what my spouse likes most, this would be number 1.

EDIT: I should say co-winner to RideSteady for a family doing watersports.

It allows you to burry the bow deeper in the water massively alleviating jarring effects of short chop on your crew.
Moreover, one can quickly deploy those (push them down) when approaching or crossing a wake - again alleviating the impact.

Also useful to even the boat in cross winds or when unevenly loaded. In case of steering failure (not unheard of in YJBs) it can be used to steer the boat.

For surfers - I use tabs when loaded with a ton of ballast of if I have too many people in the back of the boat, to pop up and get to 10mph surfing speeds, then I retract them.

There is never worry of leaving them out/deployed as they auto-retract on motor shutoff.
Lectrotab has patented conduits that equalize the pressure inside the actuators, preventing water intrusion and actuator destruction (over time or when wet slipping).

I've had mine to Bimini and back in pretty rough weather. Lots of things broke in my boat. Zero issues with the tabs, now at hard run 300+ hours.

_

Last edited:

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone been crazy enough to put tabs on an SX190?

If it works the same as the 24ft's it would be nice for ocean chop, wake shaping and getting on plane.

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just ordered the standard group by kit:

2) S-BK-24, actuators
2) T9x16-9282 tabs
1) MLC-1 level control

Chichi1108

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone been crazy enough to put tabs on an SX190?

If it works the same as the 24ft's it would be nice for ocean chop, wake shaping and getting on plane.
Still waiting to see if it’s possible to use on a 19ft, so I can place my order!

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Chichi1108

check out this response from another thread. I asked the same question. I never got a chance to call because I won't be able to get in on this deal since my wife and I have been furlowed.

I would talk to Russ at Lectrotab when you order and get his opinion. That said. this is what Russ emailed me when I asked him the question,

"Yes, the 19 & 21 take a different size tab, basically a function of the space for mounting. The sq. inches between the tabs isn’t that much, so if they feel the 9x16 wide will fit, I really don’t have a problem with them installing this kit (CYSSML9X16-9282). The cable length will be a little longer than they need but it can be cut back."

1goodcop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Set up for a 17' 212 Limited S

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ordered!
2) T9x12-9008, SS tabs with taper bends up
2) S-BK-13, Short, 12VDC actuators w/23’ cable
1) MLC-1, manual leveling control

I work less than a mile from the Lectrotab office, so Russ offered to let me pick up instead of paying for shipping and maybe even get a look around the place.
QUOTE]

I live in Southern MD I am going to pick mine up and take a tour as well!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any idea how many units are they up to? I realize the discount isn’t dependent, just curious.

@swatski you used to have to make sure mods were related to safety. Does this qualify? I’m really wanting to do it, but my wife will have a fit. (Unless my internet friends give me permission to not tell her?)

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 Russ emailed me with a count of 21+ (still taking orders).
He and Dan was very pleased with how the group buy turned out and would be interested in doing another.
@BigAbe75-you have my permission! This is a good (great!!) price and she will be pleased with the member proported improved ride over rough water. That is what drove me to purchase. I was not going into another season porpoising when the waters are rough heading to the pier at the end of the day.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 Russ emailed me with a count of 21+ (still taking orders).
He and Dan was very pleased with how the group buy turned out and would be interested in doing another.
@BigAbe75-you have my permission! This is a good (great!!) price and she will be pleased with the member proported improved ride over rough water. That is what drove me to purchase. I was not going into another season porpoising when the waters are rough heading to the pier at the end of the day.
Is there tax and shipping? Or, is the total actually just $590?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any idea how many units are they up to? I realize the discount isn’t dependent, just curious.

@swatski you used to have to make sure mods were related to safety. Does this qualify? I’m really wanting to do it, but my wife will have a fit. (Unless my internet friends give me permission to not tell her?)
Well, I have lost my credibility having been caught (and exposed) on a claim of ECU reflash being an essential safety mod... So there is that, lol.

That aside, the tabs can really help smooth over the ride when cruising, and can prevent sudden jarring movements due to hitting a wake - if you see it coming. Say LOTO on a busy weekend - she will like the tabs, no doubt. Any bigger lake like Great Lakes or Powell can turn a pretty good chop with some wind in a hurry, don’t need to be in the ocean for that!

Last edited:

Jon Burns

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone have tabs installed with a transducer, where did you place it? Currently have one where the tabs would go.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

You gotta tell her...I can hear/see it now. Picturing a State Farm commercial. You guys are out on the first run with the tabs installed. Its a choppy day and the Yamaha's bow is not bouncing around (porposing) and handling the chop well. Then she gives you that LOOK and says "What did you do to the boat? You bought something for the boat! You: UMM, Trim Tabs. Her: Why didn't you tell me we could have been riding like this all along!! Never mind, just surprise her. ;)

I second @swatski 's post above. We boat on a big Lake that is rarely calm. We use them every time we go out, unless it is glass and I am attempting to break my top speed of 48.8mph. Worth every penny, with or without this deal.

Last edited:

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I got them last year and at full price they we’re worth it for the difference they made in the boat. Maybe they could make an announcement today to have another sale near Black Friday because of all the disturbance with COVID-19.

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just ordered, did we make it?

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski Did you have tabs on your 190?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just talked to Russ (via email). He's very pleased with the turnout of this event. And, says that he would like to offer it again next March.

I gave in, and talked to the wife (like a good husband) about it... and decided that I should wait. Truth be told, it's been so long since we've been on the boat that I can't remember how it rides. But, I know that we were both in heaven last year after our previous 2 boats. So, I'm going to plan to pay better attention this year to the ride, and will reach out to Russ next year. He also offered to keep my name on an "interested for next time" list.

So, if you're on the fence and just can't make the money work right now - shoot him an email and get added to the list. I'm sure that would help the possibility of ensuring another group buy discount for next year.

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys this is the pricing Russ gave me :-

Does this sound correct?

Take a look :-

Thanks for the pic’s, It looks like you have good space on either side. I believe you mentioned the 9” x 16” tabs and I feel that they would work fine for you.

The price for this kit with:

2) T9x16-9282, tabs

2) S-BK-13, actuators

1) ALC-1, control

$911.70 (plus shipping)

Don’t worry about the deadline, I have you on file so you will receive the special pricing.