• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed LectroTab Trim Tabs Group Buy 2020-Ends March 31 2020

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any chance this has been extended?
@Chillypilot I did get a discount. Russ told me that he always gives a discount for members of the Jetboaters forum....plus if you mention the group buy, he gives a little more. It wasn't the group buy price, but I thought it was more than fair.
Per this, sounds like if you ask nice they're still giving a decent discount, just not the full group buy discount.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone with a 2018 and up E Series boat done this install? I was wondering if someone new which wire to tap into for the auto up feature

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My tabs came today..... Started the install but knew I only had about an hour. Got the controller mounted and tapped into the trigger for the auto up feature.IMG_20200507_181331.jpgIMG_20200507_181906.jpgIMG_20200507_181908.jpgIMG_20200507_184720.jpgIMG_20200507_184242.jpg

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Attachments

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I installed mine exactly the same way and tapped the same yellow wire behind the key panel (although I used a posi-tap). Works perfectly.
Nice! I would have preferred to use a posi-tap, but the local Napa did not have them in stock. As you can see if you look closely, I filled my tap full of silicone when I made the connection

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Two more hours to go. ...or three, if you factor in a beer break!

Please, let us Northerners know how they perform. We are still waiting to get our boats on the water.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
About 3 hours later..... IMG_20200509_134140.jpg
IMG_20200509_132642.jpg
IMG_20200509_152904.jpg
IMG_20200509_153348.jpg

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Took my wife out to her favorite restaurant by boat today for mother's day. It's about an hour and fifteen minutes from our local ramp. The river had a light chop today.... Probably a foot to possibly 2 feet in spots. Let me just say, the trim tabs are probably the best upgrade (along with a Hydrophase for non E Series boats) that I have ever done. I am literally blown away by the difference these things made. The handling of the boat in all conditions is superb. Correcting the list to one side not only levels the boat, but virtually does away with the constant pull against the steering wheel due to currents and wind. Now I'm just kicking myself for not doing it a long time ago to my old boat. It's an AMAZING difference!

Jason Kloehn

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an 08 230. Could the entire hinge be mounted back a little farther so new holes in the tab wouldn't need to be drilled?
I moved mine back an inch from the step. I chose to orient the edges down with the hinge flat. image.pngimage.png
There is no reason why you cannot move it back further. I wouldn't move it back further than 3" though you may not be able to get your required install angle.
image.png
Keep in mind the geometry. You don't need more than 20 degrees deflection.

Any more your trim tab lift turns into drag-not good!

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have an 08 230. Could the entire hinge be mounted back a little farther so new holes in the tab wouldn't need to be drilled?
I tried tagging @gthh on my cell phone earlier and lost signal. Glad he replied.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok guys, finally got the boat out of storage and am now trying to find the best way to mount the tabs. With the aluminum trailer it is going to be a tight fit. I am looking at having the tabs closer to the pump to fit with the bunks of the trailer. I know this is less then ideal but it shouldn't cause any issues right?
IMG_2190.jpgIMG_2195.jpg
The step on the 190 is very similar to that of the 230, looking at offsetting about 1 inch from the step and am leaning to mounting upside down (fins down) to make everything flush with the bottom of the boat. This will not allow me to have the slight up angle that is being pictured in the instructions and might cause the edge of the fin to make contact with the water while on plane, will this make any difference?

IMG_2191.jpgIMG_2197.jpg

What looks like the best way? Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

Jason Kloehn

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I moved mine back an inch from the step. I chose to orient the edges down with the hinge flat. View attachment 118563View attachment 118564
There is no reason why you cannot move it back further. I wouldn't move it back further than 3" though you may not be able to get your required install angle.
View attachment 118562
Keep in mind the geometry. You don't need more than 20 degrees deflection.

Any more your trim tab lift turns into drag-not good!
Thanks much. do you think the spacer would help that @zipper used? @zipper are you glad you added the 1/4 spacer? Will probably install mine this weekend. Want to know from the experienced guys on what seemed to work best. Thanks again for all the help.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks much. do you think the spacer would help that @zipper used? @zipper are you glad you added the 1/4 spacer? Will probably install mine this weekend. Want to know from the experienced guys on what seemed to work best. Thanks again for all the help.
You will not need a spacer. Your 2017 hull is different. My hull, we mount them at the step in the bottom of the hull. My spacer brings the trim tab nearly flush with the bottom of the hull at that step. You do not have the step and I believe yours get mounted on the transome.

Jason Kloehn

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You will not need a spacer. Your 2017 hull is different. My hull, we mount them at the step in the bottom of the hull. My spacer brings the trim tab nearly flush with the bottom of the hull at that step. You do not have the step and I believe yours get mounted on the transome.
I have a 2008 sx230

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh sorry, thought I saw 2017 earlier. The shim brings the tab nearly flush with the bottom of the hull and allows a little more of a retracted angle up than without it. I put a level across the bottom to show what I am talking about. but the shim is not necessary. I did use longer screws due to the shim.

20170519_185412.jpg

Last edited:

Jason Kloehn

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh sorry, thought I saw 2017 earlier. The shim brings the tab nearly flush with the bottom of the hull and allows a little more of a retracted angle up than without it. I put a level across the bottom to show what I am talking about. but the shim is not necessary.

View attachment 118627
I think I will go that direction with mine also. Thanks so much for the tips.

Last edited:

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm curious about the controller position near the throttles. That's what I think I'm going to do because it seems right. Those of you who have been doing that for some time now: If you had to cut the hole over again, would you place it elsewhere?

Those of us preparing to do permanent damage want to know. ;)