• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Let's talk WETSOUNDS

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Be prepared with an ice pack or towel. The test fit is good, but when you have a full boat bouncing on the water, it just doesn't matter.
#1 reason I went with a sound bar instead of cans. I've still hit my head 11 times in the two seasons I've had it up there. Yes I keep count, mostly because my wife thought I would NEVER POSSIBLY hit my head on that.....I'm 6'2" tall and the tower is 6'3.5" clearance WITHOUT the bar.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So flipping switch to "High", and setting crossover to 85 sounds great. Adjusted treble down on head unit to kill the ear pierce. Thanks guys

Now for that annoying fuzz noise. I straight wired head unit ground to battery directly. Noise actually got louder. However, it is only present in my cabin speakers. Towers do not have the noise (separate Amps). I think I'm going to buy a ground loop isolator, but they hook to RCA. Unplugging RCA kills music, but fuzz is still present.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So flipping switch to "High", and setting crossover to 85 sounds great. Adjusted treble down on head unit to kill the ear pierce. Thanks guys

Now for that annoying fuzz noise. I straight wired head unit ground to battery directly. Noise actually got louder. However, it is only present in my cabin speakers. Towers do not have the noise (separate Amps). I think I'm going to buy a ground loop isolator, but they hook to RCA. Unplugging RCA kills music, but fuzz is still present.
Don't so much want the head unit to battery ground, as you want it to the same ground as the amp.

I thought I read where you ran a heavy power and ground to the amp area and then buss bars from there. Run your head unit off these same bus bars.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Don't so much want the head unit to battery ground, as you want it to the same ground as the amp.

I thought I read where you ran a heavy power and ground to the amp area and then buss bars from there. Run your head unit off these same bus bars.
Yeah ground is 4 gauge off the battery. Then it goes into Stinger distribution block. Comes out as 2-8 gauge to amps. I'll try putting radio wire into that distribution block

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Boom. Fixed it. Thanks buddy. Damn wiring mess I got going on. 105906

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome. I'll switch them over this afternoon for sure, and try that crossover setting
You probably know this, but for the edification of others, when using a sub for the deep bass, always use the HPF or High Pass Filter setting on all other speakers so they get only the freqs from about 80-100Hz and up (depends on setting). It's easier on the speakers and amp at high volumes when they don't have to work on those lower freqs at the same time as the sub. The sub channel should have LPF or Low Pass Filter set so only the low freqs go to the sub and the mids/highs are filtered out.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My fuzz noise is back. It's only my cabin syndx6 amp. The tower syndx6 has no noise. I've ran a new ground from radio to ground distro block, eliminated distro block. Ran straight to battery. Nothing. All didn't fix it.

Any ideas?