• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Let's talk WETSOUNDS

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You don't think this is overkill for a 19' boat?
I wondered that myself indeed. See the issue I ran into was if it's not enough then I'm screwed buying more. If I go all out at first it'll be done for good. I'm thinking 19' or 27' sound is sound. This setup will sound great in any size boat. We looked at going 21' however the 19' is just perfect for us. We rarely have more then 4 on board, and it's mostly the wife and I. At 42 years old both our children are in college. One about to graduate law school, and the other going pre med. They have their own lives, and rarely come out with us. I can back trailer down the ramp, and the wife pulls it off on ropes. No need for powering on or off. It's just simple for us. So yeah you are right it is overkill for a 19',but perfect for us.

I tihnk you will be disappointed with those all in one subs. Go with the xxx and be done with it. Better to just spend the money once and cry about it later then spend twice.

I had nothing but compliments on my system this weekend. Everyone was in awe and we ran the whole cove
That's what I was afraid of. Not liking them, and buying the XXX anyway. So I think your right just stick to XXX. Thank you

Strongly recommend a ported enclosure for the XXX. I speak from experience!
Definitely going ported. Probably under passenger helm. Probably gonna have to cut a vent in though. Otherwise I think it will be muffled. Question then becomes how big of a vent.

This whole system will be controlled via wetsounds 420eq. So it can always be turned down. It will also be running off separate Kinetic 2400Blu battery (possibly 2?). All with Noco Genius gen 2 charger. I got it figured at 2200 watts rms. Kinetic claims 2400 watts stable. I'm also assuming my gains will not be turned all the way up. So guessing I'll be in the 1800 watt range.

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Those batteries I believe would be a waste of money............ for half the price you cant go wrong with the ones from sams club. Duracell agm group 31, 105 ah vs 110 ah. I run 3 of those for the stereo and a cheap 4th battery for main power. Minn kota 4 bank 15 amp charger.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Those batteries I believe would be a waste of money............ for half the price you cant go wrong with the ones from sams club. Duracell agm group 31, 105 ah vs 110 ah. I run 3 of those for the stereo and a cheap 4th battery for main power. Minn kota 4 bank 15 amp charger.
Oh really. That's good info to have right there. My current boat I use interstate 900cca for both sound system and house (2 batteries). I'm only running 1400 watts currently though. Interesting I may save that money

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I wondered that myself indeed. See the issue I ran into was if it's not enough then I'm screwed buying more. If I go all out at first it'll be done for good. I'm thinking 19' or 27' sound is sound. This setup will sound great in any size boat. We looked at going 21' however the 19' is just perfect for us. We rarely have more then 4 on board, and it's mostly the wife and I. At 42 years old both our children are in college. One about to graduate law school, and the other going pre med. They have their own lives, and rarely come out with us. I can back trailer down the ramp, and the wife pulls it off on ropes. No need for powering on or off. It's just simple for us. So yeah you are right it is overkill for a 19',but perfect for us.

That's what I was afraid of. Not liking them, and buying the XXX anyway. So I think your right just stick to XXX. Thank you

Definitely going ported. Probably under passenger helm. Probably gonna have to cut a vent in though. Otherwise I think it will be muffled. Question then becomes how big of a vent.

This whole system will be controlled via wetsounds 420eq. So it can always be turned down. It will also be running off separate Kinetic 2400Blu battery (possibly 2?). All with Noco Genius gen 2 charger. I got it figured at 2200 watts rms. Kinetic claims 2400 watts stable. I'm also assuming my gains will not be turned all the way up. So guessing I'll be in the 1800 watt range.
This! The Duracell from Sam's are legit. It what I've been running for years. They are actually Deka batteries.... Some of the best.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This! The Duracell from Sam's are legit. It what I've been running for years. They are actually Deka batteries.... Some of the best.
I'll have to Google them. We aren't Sam's club members. We use the other

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are incredible. Full setup im thinking is this :
4-Revo 6s in cabin
Syndx6 powering those
2-rev10s on tower
Syndx4 powering those

1-XXX12" in sealed box
Syndx2.3 powering it
OR
2-Stealth AS10 powered subs

It's the sub setup I'm still uncertain of which one

Am I missing something, why are you buying a 6 channel amp to run 4 in boats?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Am I missing something, why are you buying a 6 channel amp to run 4 in boats?
For the potential of adding 2 more 6s in cabin area. With it being a brand new boat I don't want to cut into fiberglass. I know that will fade though, and two more 6s will be added next to captain chairs

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the potential of adding 2 more 6s in cabin area. With it being a brand new boat I don't want to cut into fiberglass. I know that will fade though, and two more 6s will be added next to captain chairs
I cut out the bow speakers and helm speakers with revo 8's when my AR240 was new in 2017 along with rewiring and replacing the 4 factory locations with revo 6's adding rev 8 towers and 3 amps. I have a JL M10W5 in a sealed box under the seat, I want to change the grill to wet sounds to match. If you do nice work dont be afraid to cut holes. 👍
VideoCapture_20190702-131814.jpg
20190910_232415.jpg
20190910_231841.jpg
20190910_231726.jpg
20190910_231916.jpg
20190910_231958.jpg
20190910_231617.jpg

Propless

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Ok thanks for the info appreciate it

On the 2019 212X, the interior speakers are 6.5” Recon and. 10” IB Revo Sub, along with the sound at.
The swim deck has the smaller 5 or 5.25” recon.
Wet sounds said they don’t see a 5.25” Revo coming anytime soon.
Upgrade your four 6.5” from recon to Revo and you hear the difference.
The factory amp is a HTX6 DSP. A good app, but it takes a dongle and software to change the crossover settings.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On the 2019 212X, the interior speakers are 6.5” Recon and. 10” IB Revo Sub, along with the sound at.
The swim deck has the smaller 5 or 5.25” recon.
Wet sounds said they don’t see a 5.25” Revo coming anytime soon.
Upgrade your four 6.5” from recon to Revo and you hear the difference.
The factory amp is a HTX6 DSP. A good app, but it takes a dongle and software to change the crossover settings.

Good to know they are 6.5s instead of 5.25. That's great news. Wish they were Revo, but it's a start. At least I won't be cutting holes to fit the revos.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So these are the specs for the syndx6. I'll be using this amp to power the interior 4-Revo6s. Reading this it's 125 watts rms for channels 1-4 @ 4ohm which is how I'd wire it. Now it also says channel 5-6 mono at @4ohm is 600 watt rms. I'm wondering now is that enough to power the XXX12" sub in a ported enclosure?

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You could but it would be seriously under powered. it has 1200w rms so you should be pushing half of that. honestly with the money you saved in batteries you might as well throw it all away at a sdx2500......... but hey money grows on tress right?

ANDDDDDDDDD i almost forgot, dont even think to try running this all on 2 batteries. I have 3 group 31s with just 3 amps and its only good for about 7 hours float time with stereo........ With this much power going I wouldnt be surprised to see a 5 battery setup for this just to last 5 hours

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You could but it would be seriously under powered. it has 1200w rms so you should be pushing half of that. honestly with the money you saved in batteries you might as well throw it all away at a sdx2500......... but hey money grows on tress right?

ANDDDDDDDDD i almost forgot, dont even think to try running this all on 2 batteries. I have 3 group 31s with just 3 amps and its only good for about 7 hours float time with stereo........ With this much power going I wouldnt be surprised to see a 5 battery setup for this just to last 5 hours
Float time is a big factor for us as we spend 5-8 hours at the sand bar every Sunday. So this is key for sure. Like you said though I don't want a boat full of batteries either. The plan was 2 dedicated batteries for sound system. Stock battery stays as yamaha intended. This is a butt load of power though. Your probably right on that.

Money is always an issue. However, in this case the money is coming from selling my current boat. It will be funding 100% of the upgrades to the new boat. So of course I wanna do it right the first time.

I wanted to build a sound system that sounds great, and plenty loud. The Rev 10s handle the loud part no problem outside the boat, and partially inside it as well. The 6s inside will hold their own under way. The 420Eq will balance between the two depending on whether we are underway, or anchored by turning one zone up or down. The sub is for lows because nothing else in the boat handles that. Perhaps I should just go with the regular Revo 12", and not the XXX?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Using the regular Revo 12" sub not the XXX I could cut an amp out all together, and could actually do 2-12" subs for cheaper.
Rundown like this :
4-Revo 6s in cabin
1-12" Revo in ported enclosure
1-Syndx6 pushing them
*channels 1-4 wired to 6s speakers individually
*channels 5&6 bridged to sub
* 100 watts per channel 1-4
* 600 watts bridged to sub
2-Rev10 Tower Speakers
1-12" Revo in ported enclosure
1-Syndx6 pushing them
*channels 1-4 mono @4ohms to tower
400 watts x 2
*channels 5&6 bridged to sub
600 watts x 1

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You are going to have to be crafty with the rca cables on this setup. I would look into if you have pre-outs on either of those 2 amps to run the subs and have control from the 420. I still think you are going to run into a power issue but there is really no way to tell untill you have it hooked up and see what current draw is.

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Also, dont forget to budget an alink, I have a big system but I also dont like manning the boat all day so Ill hand the transmitter to another boat and link theirs to mine to keep people happy.

Id be calling @Earmark Marine should be saving you some dough

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, dont forget to budget an alink, I have a big system but I also dont like manning the boat all day so Ill hand the transmitter to another boat and link theirs to mine to keep people happy.
The A-Link is amazing. We have 4 of them among friends on the water now. One person gets put in charge of music, and all the boats match. Makes having one badass stereo far less important since there are now 4x the stereos playing the same tunes.

Speaking of badass stereo's......I have the wimpy little stock AR190 setup. Like 17W peak to 4 tiny little 6in "white grilled" speakers. I can hear the music on plane. It's not bose replication at speed, but, well, I'm on a boat. I completely don't understand these giant setups. I'm glad you guys do, and enjoy it, and I've heard some great ones, but I think my ears are simply not sensitive enough to tell the difference, especially at speed.

Anywho, carry on :D:D

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The A-Link is amazing. We have 4 of them among friends on the water now. One person gets put in charge of music, and all the boats match. Makes having one badass stereo far less important since there are now 4x the stereos playing the same tunes.

Speaking of badass stereo's......I have the wimpy little stock AR190 setup. Like 17W peak to 4 tiny little 6in "white grilled" speakers. I can hear the music on plane. It's not bose replication at speed, but, well, I'm on a boat. I completely don't understand these giant setups. I'm glad you guys do, and enjoy it, and I've heard some great ones, but I think my ears are simply not sensitive enough to tell the difference, especially at speed.

Anywho, carry on :D:D
I was unable to hear anything with my MR1s. I also dont mind being "that guy" that will turn mine up to stop the hours of repeating rap at our local cove. I have not once been asked to turn my system off, only up so everyone can listen to the constant music change. We try to split it to hours and we do take requests.

Nothing better than pulling up to that boat load of 20 year old boys with their dads mastercraft listing to distorted speakers and watching their face as we turn on country for the rest of the cove. You cant put a price on that..............

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nothing better than pulling up to that boat load of 20 year old boys with their dads mastercraft listing to distorted speakers and watching their face as we turn on country for the rest of the cove. You cant put a price on that..............
I get this.....a little bit. Our boat currently has the nicest stereo of the bunch. 100% due to the sound bar on the tower. It will throw sound out for a good long distance, and remains nice and clear. ZERO bass in that setup, but it's got plenty of volume. We usually get asked to turn ours up a little bit.

I have some upgrades planned, but only in the name of filling the sound out while at anchor. Most likely I'll just replace the stock speakers for some DB651's, add a nice 5 channel amp, and an IB 10in sub. That will be WAY more than we need as it is, but should help fill out the mids/lows the bar is missing and not be such a large system that we have to worry about adding a ton of batteries.

I'll default back to the A-Link here. Each boat owner has bought one, and we run them all day long. Each boat has it's own volume control, and we can pass around who has control of the playlist. It works surprisingly well.