• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Let's talk WETSOUNDS

Tango6455

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm not familiar with the stock wetsounds amp yamaha uses, but from reading threads in this forum I'd say you'll need a new amp. Seems that even though yamaha uses wetsounds equipment in their "top of the line" boats. They are the bottom end of the Wetsounds line. Example: instead of Revo 6.5s yamaha uses Recon 5s. Which can't handle power, and are the low grade. So I'm assuming they do the same with the amplifier.

With our boat (still awaiting delivery of our 2020 195s) yamaha claims wetsounds speakers. Turns out I think they are going to be Recon 5s. So not really a seller for me. I'll be switching them to Revo 6.5s almost sure. I plan to run :

4- Revo 6.5s in stock locations
1-Htx6 amp to power them
2-Rev 10 Tower speakers
1-Syn6 amp to power them
This will leave me 2 open channels on both apps if I future add more speakers.
Subwoofer as well will be added with amp, but currently researching that. I think it's gonna be XXX 12" ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

From what I've read in this forum you'll want 300+ watts to each rev10. Now the rev8 are a little less powered, but not too too much. So I'd say add a syn4 amp to push your rev8 tower speakers. That'll be plenty.
Ok thanks for the info appreciate it

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
??? SO IF I JUST ADD TWO REVO 8S TO MY TOWER ON MY 2018 212X DO I NEED TO ADD A SECOND AMP TO RUN THEM OR WILL THE STOCK WET SOUND AMP IN MY BOAT BE FINE?
REV series speakers are awesome.....but power hungry. Without question they need a dedicated amp.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What's everyone's thoughts on subs?

I'm looking at XXX 12" Or Revo 12". Which ever would be ported box mounted.

XXX is a beast no doubt. Push it with the syn dx 2.3 oh my. However, with only 4-Revo 6.5s being pushed by syn dx 6 I'm thinking the bass would over power the 6.5s. In the cabin that is. Outside the bass would be great paired with the Rev 10s pushed by a syn dx4

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So this is where things can get interesting and I really don't think there is a wrong answer here when it comes to subs. I went with 2 jl10w3v3s in sealed boxes that are under the seats. I have it paired with a jl m1000v2. Bass sounds good for rock and will thump with rap. However, I do wish I had more room for 12w6s and would run 2 m1000v2 but then its double the cost.....

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So this is where things can get interesting and I really don't think there is a wrong answer here when it comes to subs. I went with 2 jl10w3v3s in sealed boxes that are under the seats. I have it paired with a jl m1000v2. Bass sounds good for rock and will thump with rap. However, I do wish I had more room for 12w6s and would run 2 m1000v2 but then its double the cost.....
It's a fine line for sure. I want the really good bass, but don't want to drown out the mids and highs with too much bass either.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It's a fine line for sure. I want the really good bass, but don't want to drown out the mids and highs with too much bass either.
Simple fix.....if you have "too much bassโ€ just adjust your amp down a bit. Better to have too much and be able to adjust than to not have enough. I had the XXX in a ported enclosure running off a Wetsounds SD2. It slammed!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Simple fix.....if you have "too much bassโ€ just adjust your amp down a bit. Better to have too much and be able to adjust than to not have enough. I had the XXX in a ported enclosure running off a Wetsounds SD2. It slammed!
Your exactly right my man. You can always turn it down. That XXX looks to be a beast I wouldn't need but one sub with that setup. Which would be good to keep storage in a 19'

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
4- Revo 6.5s in stock locations
1-Htx6 amp to power them
2-Rev 10 Tower speakers
1-Syn6 amp to power them
Don't forget that with all that current draw, you'll want a second battery to keep the power flowing.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Don't forget that with all that current draw, you'll want a second battery to keep the power flowing.
Absolutely will be adding a second battery no doubt. Actually thinking of adding blue top optima, and replacing stock battery with the same. A tender as well will be added. Hopefully a third battery won't be needed

Buckeye Fan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any issues with sound by mounting the sub in the seats?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anybody have experience with these? I'm thinking 2 if I was to do it. The Stealth powered enclosure

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the Rev 10's on my 2019 AR195 and Im going to say with those speakers alone you will be one of the loudest boats on the water. If I had to do it again I would stick with the Rev 10's and then focus on the low/midrange as the revs blast out the highs very very well so you need a lot of low/midrange if you are going to compliment them.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the Rev 10's on my 2019 AR195 and Im going to say with those speakers alone you will be one of the loudest boats on the water. If I had to do it again I would stick with the Rev 10's and then focus on the low/midrange as the revs blast out the highs very very well so you need a lot of low/midrange if you are going to compliment them.
They are incredible. Full setup im thinking is this :
4-Revo 6s in cabin
Syndx6 powering those
2-rev10s on tower
Syndx4 powering those

1-XXX12" in sealed box
Syndx2.3 powering it
OR
2-Stealth AS10 powered subs

It's the sub setup I'm still uncertain of which one

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I hear alot of people didnt like the as10s

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hear alot of people didnt like the as10s
That's the info I'm looking for. We all know the XXX 12" is awesome. Just wondering if as10 is good or not

Buckeye Fan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They are incredible. Full setup im thinking is this :
4-Revo 6s in cabin
Syndx6 powering those
2-rev10s on tower
Syndx4 powering those

1-XXX12" in sealed box
Syndx2.3 powering it
OR
2-Stealth AS10 powered subs

It's the sub setup I'm still uncertain of which one
You don't think this is overkill for a 19' boat?

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's the info I'm looking for. We all know the XXX 12" is awesome. Just wondering if as10 is good or not
I tihnk you will be disappointed with those all in one subs. Go with the xxx and be done with it. Better to just spend the money once and cry about it later then spend twice.

I had nothing but compliments on my system this weekend. Everyone was in awe and we ran the whole cove

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any issues with sound by mounting the sub in the seats?
I have not cut into the glass yet so They are muffled while driving but i pull the seats when out in a cove

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Strongly recommend a ported enclosure for the XXX. I speak from experience!