• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Let's talk WETSOUNDS

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was unable to hear anything with my MR1s. I also dont mind being "that guy" that will turn mine up to stop the hours of repeating rap at our local cove. I have not once been asked to turn my system off, only up so everyone can listen to the constant music change. We try to split it to hours and we do take requests.

Nothing better than pulling up to that boat load of 20 year old boys with their dads mastercraft listing to distorted speakers and watching their face as we turn on country for the rest of the cove. You cant put a price on that..............
I have literally been called over to a neighboring sandbar before because someone had their (weak) stereo up all day and they want me to come drown him out so he would stop playing EDM or techno stuff. I too, play a bit of everything..... But when those kids in daddy's boat wont stop, a little Dire Straits "Money for Nothing" out of those REV10's usually does the trick. πŸ˜‚

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh snap. This might be the Subwoofer for me. Small space, and decent power. It could run off the 5&6 channel of a Syndx6

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well I've finally made up my mind.

System is gonna be this :
4-Revo 6s in white and stainless
2-Revo 12" Subs in ported boxes under helm and pass areas.
2-Rev 10 Tower speakers White with swivels
2-Syndx6 Amplifiers
1-420 Eq with mounting bracket
2-Duracell Group 31 batteries for system
2-Stinger Distribution Blocks (power and ground)
1-Stinger 300amp inline fuse

So 1 syndx6 will power:
4-Revo6s 125watt x 4 @4ohm channels 1-4
1-12" sub 600watt channels 5&6 mono bridged

The other syndx6 will power:
2-Rev10 towers 400 watts x2 mono @4ohm
1-12" sub 600watt channels 5&6 mono bridged

How does this setup sound?

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
that setup should be great, should sound decent and be able to hang with the louder boats

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
that setup should be great, should sound decent and be able to hang with the louder boats
That'll be good enough for me. Not be the loudest, but respectable for sure. Most important to sound good inside and out of the boat.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Took delivery of our boat yesterday finally, and just ordered my wetsounds equipment. Made some changes, but pretty similar. The 2020 195S does indeed have Recon 5s (4) installed from factory. They are wired to the stock Fusion MS-RA70NSX head unit. From my lookup that's 25 watts rms/50 peak. Anywho they actually sound good. Slight tuning, and I was happy with that. So for now they are staying as the cabin speakers. Also looked around all my storage areas to plot where everything will go. Decided to only do one sub for now under passenger helm in ported box. Extra batteries, tender, amps, distribution blocks, etc will be in passenger rear under seat. Considering a block off wall/false floor to hide it all as well. So here is the coming upgrades :
1-12" Revo sub in custom ported enclosure
1-Syndx6 Amp
*Channels 1-4 run cabin recons (gain almost off).
50watts per speaker
*Channels 5&6 bridged to sub 600watts x1
1-Pair Rev 10 Tower speakers White with swivels
1-Syndx6 Amp
*Can use this amp channels 1-4 bridged
400watts x 2 to towers
* This will leave channels 5&6 open
* This amp basically allows me room if I decide
Later to upgrade something else
1-420 Eq
2-Duracell group 31 batteries
Noco Genius Gen 3 3 Bank tender
Stinger distribution blocks, and in line fuses
4 gauge wiring for power and grounds
12 gauge speaker wires

I'm thinking this should sound great. Outside on sand bar incredible. Inside under way decent and clean, but not ear bleeding.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well I got the system wired up, and I have unwanted noise. Sounds like a TV fuzz noise. Any ideas? Tried to upload video, but it won't allow it.

Edit: Noise is present with RCA cables plugged into amp, and not plugged in to amp. Ran all new speaker wires from amp to speakers. Yamaha wiring was not used, but is still hooked up to speaker (cut at head unit). Installed two Duracell batteries wired in parallel. Grounded to factory yamaha battery. 4 gauge power and ground wire used on batteries, and to stinger distro blocks. 8 gauge wire from blocks to amps.

Last edited:

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You want to make sure your head unit is grounded to same point where your amps are. I get a buzz when i turn on blowers, also how are your amps getting a remote?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tie the ground from the head unit to the ground from the amps. Don't rely on Yamaha wiring for the power/ground to the head unit.

I have no direct experience here, but have read of MANY people solving buzz this way.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You want to make sure your head unit is grounded to same point where your amps are. I get a buzz when i turn on blowers, also how are your amps getting a remote?
Tie the ground from the head unit to the ground from the amps. Don't rely on Yamaha wiring for the power/ground to the head unit.

I have no direct experience here, but have read of MANY people solving buzz this way.

Awesome. Thanks guys I'll try that

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well almost done.
So far:
*Perko battery switch
*2-Duracell Group 31 Batteries - ran parallel
*Stinger distribution Blocks- Power and Ground
*2 - Syndx6 Amplifiers - Cabin and Towers
*4- Stock Recon 5s - 1st Amp
Half gain on channels 1-4 ran individually
*2-Rev 10 Tower Speakers - 2nd Amp
Between Half and 3/4 gain bridged channel 1-4
*Stock Fusion head unit rewired for
Cabin and Towers on separate zones

Sounds incredible. I'm really pleased with how good the Recons sound with a little clean power. No need to change them out. Towers are insanely loud. Highs are ear piercing might need to tune that down. They are crossed over at 110hz, and set to full range on switch. Should that go down?

Next week I'll be building my vented sub enclosure for the Rev 12".105854

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure what you mean by crossed over at 110hz and full range on switch. The the high pass filter needs to be on. Don't run REV10’s full range. If they are in fact crossed over at 110hz, I'd probably try to work that down a bit..... maybe around 80-100hz.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure what you mean by crossed over at 110hz and full range on switch. The the high pass filter needs to be on. Don't run REV10’s full range. If they are in fact crossed over at 110hz, I'd probably try to work that down a bit..... maybe around 80-100hz.
"Full" is indeed the crossover switch. Hard to see in this Pic because blurry, but I'll try to switch it to high this afternoon. By crossed over I mean I have the frequency set to 110. They sound great. Highs are just extremely high. 105878

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well almost done.
So far:
*Perko battery switch
*2-Duracell Group 31 Batteries - ran parallel
*Stinger distribution Blocks- Power and Ground
*2 - Syndx6 Amplifiers - Cabin and Towers
*4- Stock Recon 5s - 1st Amp
Half gain on channels 1-4 ran individually
*2-Rev 10 Tower Speakers - 2nd Amp
Between Half and 3/4 gain bridged channel 1-4
*Stock Fusion head unit rewired for
Cabin and Towers on separate zones

Sounds incredible. I'm really pleased with how good the Recons sound with a little clean power. No need to change them out. Towers are insanely loud. Highs are ear piercing might need to tune that down. They are crossed over at 110hz, and set to full range on switch. Should that go down?

Next week I'll be building my vented sub enclosure for the Rev 12".View attachment 105854

View attachment 105855

View attachment 105856

View attachment 105857

View attachment 105858
You may want to move your tower speakers a little more outboard. They are a hazard where you have them. Take it from a guy who has banged his head on his speakers more than once and has the scars to show for it.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You may want to move your tower speakers a little more outboard. They are a hazard where you have them. Take it from a guy who has banged his head on his speakers more than once and has the scars to show for it.
They are directly over passenger and driver captain chairs. Test fitted then first. Seem to be a great spot. Plenty of room in the center for walk through.

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They are directly over passenger and driver captain chairs. Test fitted then first. Seem to be a great spot. Plenty of room in the center for walk through.
Be prepared with an ice pack or towel. The test fit is good, but when you have a full boat bouncing on the water, it just doesn't matter.

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
rev 10s should be set to highs only, i have my crossover around 85-90, You take the chance of blowing using full. The sub will fill in the lows. Glad you went with the duracells, cheap good battery.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
rev 10s should be set to highs only, i have my crossover around 85-90, You take the chance of blowing using full. The sub will fill in the lows. Glad you went with the duracells, cheap good battery.
Awesome. I'll switch them over this afternoon for sure, and try that crossover setting