• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lining the Anchor Locker

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Before I install the anchor in the storage area I want to line it to protect the area from everything banging around. I did a quick search but didn't see what some of you have used.

I found this on line but wanted to get opinions of what you have used prior to ordering. https://www.zoro.com/value-brand-rubber-neoprene-18-in-thick-12-x-12-in-365-18hgatape/i/G6256546/?gdffi=047ada998cf641fa93e55ae8579df863&gdfms=5C99C33319084255A82EA51F7DAC255D&gclid=COmHzreN4csCFYIBaQodY2ULgw&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks much

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Stay away from what you posted --- that neoprene is usually fairly weak and will tear apart easily.

Order up a sheet of Hydroturf and cut it to fit. It's got a self adhesive backing.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I found one of those mats that goes in the bottom of a ski locker, cut it up and put it in the bottom of my anchor locker.

I also got some shipping foam (like they use to hold computers in place in the shipping box), marked where on the hull the anchor may hit and then glued them to the hull with some waterproof gorilla-type glue. It's seemed to do the trick.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oooh ooooh great idea for me to reuse some of my Hydroturf swim deck mat! Thanks for thinking outside the box!:winkingthumbsup"

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great ideas. I ordered some hydro turf and have several pcs of thick styrofoam that I think I will use in the bottom of the locker.

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot, this could be a new option in your flooring kits.

@txav8r, what are the nice pads that you supplied.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I just used the anti fatigue mats sold at lowes or Home Depot. And even though it is probably neoprene, it is 3/4" thick and much more protection from the bounces and anise than hydro turf IMO. I have some
Leftover hydro turf from a mod I did and don't think it has the thickness to protect a locker from a bouncing 19 pound box anchor. When I made anchors, I supplied pads to mount to protect the locker from the flukes when bouncing caused it to swing in the brackets. In the new boats the anchor I made didn't fit in the brackets, so you need to secure a way to keep it from bouncing, or you need to pad the locker more than just the small pads I supplied. I did so in my 240 with the same anti fatigue material and I am very pleased. The anchor can bounce away and the bottom is very protected. I can't say the same for the hatch, if you are in serious chop. For that reason, protect it somehow, with the road or another piece of mat laid over the anchor. Don't let a heavy anchor bounce freely or damage will occur.

Icatfish247

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Excellent thread. I have a new box anchor myself and was trying to decide if it would be a good idea to put the thicker pool noodles over the spades/barbs of the anchor. Would still need to find a way to keep it from bouncing around though.

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Icatfish247 where would you be putting your box anchor? I have a small box anchor and it sure doesn't appear as if it's going to squeeze into the front anchor storage.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A simple inexpensive exercise or sleeping mat from Walmart works well. Plenty of material to do the whole box and can double material at needed areas.

Icatfish247

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Icatfish247 where would you be putting your box anchor? I have a small box anchor and it sure doesn't appear as if it's going to squeeze into the front anchor storage.
On my 230 it just barely fits in the anchor locker while opened up. I found a picture on here of someone showing it'll fit before buying. I think the 240s locker opening may be just a little too small