• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lowrance Gen3 Structure Scan 3D

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I installed my lowrance elite 7ti and I'm able to get the side scan to work. The location is a bit odd I think but I couldn't find any other spot to install it...

Bryan
image.jpeg

GA_BIll

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I wanted to start by saying thank you to everyone for all the pics and tips you have given on this site. I have followed many of them and am much happier with my FSH because of them. Bryan I have the lss2 transducer which is looks similar to yours that is transom mounted and images are terrible. I was thinking about doing this same thing could you please post a pic or explain how you mounted you mounted your transducer. I have been looking at this for weeks and cant figure out the best way to do it.

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Bryan,

Looks like you may be off line for the off season but I would also love to know how you did this. I can see that you used the included transom mount and have it facing forward. I would think that this location would have a lot of vibration and turbulence not to mention that your mount is forward with the hinge at the back. The stream of water would hit it or it may be a cavitation area without too much flow? Can't imagine water flow being ideal right behind the water inlet BUT it does look like a great location for trolling / drifting.

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This location works well. Full side scan and clear bottom up to about 30 miles an hour. I have angled the transducer up just a hair which allows water to push against transducer instead of on the actual mount. I've had to use larger washers to spread out some of the weight from the turbulence to help the cheesy aluminum bracket that comes with the mount. So far it's worked ideally. Again, some limitations when you go into neutral and reverse as the propwash pushes whitewater across the sensor but with current or forward motion it works perfectly.

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
@SoftballBryan Thanks again. Did you take a look at the flush / flat bracket shown by Clemson Tiger? I guess the challenge would be tapping into the cast aluminum plate. The side transom mount will knock off a good bit of the "off" side. As to getting 30 mph, that about all Lowrance says you will get with any mount IIRC.

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Tapping into the aluminum on the boat is extremely easy. You drill out a hole and then use a self tapping stainless screw to mount the transducer. Be sure to add some type of silicone to the screw before you screw it in. One of the things you would have to consider with going directly with the plate shown by Clemson Tiger is the uneven surface of the aluminum housing. If you can find a way to mount that with the shape of the housing then I would recommend that over using the aluminum mounting bracket from Lowrance .

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just ordered the flat mount for the transducer.... my plan is to mount the flat plate onto a piece of flat board/metal and then bolt it into the existing holes I made for the transom mount... it should streamline the mount and secure the transducer while giving full sidescan capability...

I don't like the air/space between the transducer and the boat on my current install and the transom mount isn't strong enough for long term use....

I'll post a photo after fishing season and install...

Bryan

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Bryan,

Sounds like a good solution. As you probably saw in my other post, I just went the easy route for the first pass and mounted directly to the ride plate as far to the starboard as possible but will probably get some interference from the center keel. I don't notice it on the lake but our depths are in the 10 to 20 foot range so pretty shallow.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I just ordered the flat mount for the transducer.... my plan is to mount the flat plate onto a piece of flat board/metal and then bolt it into the existing holes I made for the transom mount... it should streamline the mount and secure the transducer while giving full sidescan capability...

I don't like the air/space between the transducer and the boat on my current install and the transom mount isn't strong enough for long term use....

I'll post a photo after fishing season and install...

Bryan
I too like your mount idea. It definitely seems to be the only solution for a single mount transducer w sides scanning. I would love to steal your idea and try it out on my Garmin with a flat plate mount, but am a little worried about having so much transducer cable to route, hide and deal with.

Were you able to secure the cable well? Did you feel that you secured it enough to deal with any water force back there pulling on it?

Not exactly sure what this mount location would do to boat performance as well? I guess any transducer location would effect performance...

Kudos to you for pioneering this. All have said that a single mount transducer w side scan could not be done.

JeeperJenkins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Tonkatoy did you have any Luck with your garmin transducer mount? I'm looking at getting a garmin and was wondering how it turned out.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@Tonkatoy did you have any Luck with your garmin transducer mount? I'm looking at getting a garmin and was wondering how it turned out.
My boat has been in the shop for warranty work and have not been able to study the underneath for a final mounting resolution.
I still do not know what I want to do... I was looking at a through hull transducer. More money and not sure if there is even a magic spot for it.