• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Made a Transducer mount for my FSH..

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you. My Garmin just showed up today. Plan on installing tonight. I was thinking of using 3M5200 to attach the block. What did you use?

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great pics! I was going to use some 3M 5200 to attached the marine board block. What did you use?

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'll be the first to admit that I thought trying to stick Starboard to anything with an adhesive (5200 or epoxy) alone in such a harsh environment was a futile endeavor. Some of you seem to be proving me wrong. Good for you, keep us posted long term, and I like it!

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great pics! I was going to use some 3M 5200 to attached the marine board block. What did you use?
I used that Attwood 7200 you see in one of the first pics, I did some research and figured out that 3M makes that stuff for Attwood, so it is identical to 3M 5200 except half the price and available at my local WalMart.

And it is not going anywhere.. I tried like hell to remove it back when someone mentioned the strake issue, and with all my pulling prying etc.. it didn't budge..

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I used a block of seaboard connected to the hull with "Marina Marine Goop"
(https://www.amazon.com/SEALANT-MARINE-GOOP-10-2-Pkg/dp/B00XJDLWAM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1503670166&sr=8-6&keywords=marine+marine+goop)

I attached the transducer to the seaboard with a marine epoxy. Once the transducer and the seaboard were fused together, using a clamp over 24 hours, I placed the Marine Goop on the seaboard and kept it pressed against the hull, under pressure, with a hydraulic lift.

The thing isn't budging at all.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm thinking I may just mount the transducer bracket to the backside of the step. Seems to me it will accomplish the same result? Will look more closely tonight.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'm thinking I may just mount the transducer bracket to the backside of the step. Seems to me it will accomplish the same result? Will look more closely tonight.
I initially mounted mine to the transom aft of the first step which didn't work. However, if you're ahead of the transom and below the first step, I would think you should have success.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Ok here's what I ended up with. Should provide a good clear signal
I'm going to keep my finger's crossed for you. There is a significant amount of turbulence that comes off of that first step once I got to 20 knots. At that speed I lost my depth finder. You may just have to drop it down if that happens. Let me know how it goes.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'll give it a try later in the week. If need be I can add a spacer to drop it down.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Well you guys made me rethink the drop . I think you guys are right about the turbulence under the step. Went ahead in mounted the transducer bracket to put the transducer a little deeper in the water.
In agreement with Tonkatoy. That should get you out of the turbulent part and into the sweet spot. Looking forward to hearing the outcome.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well you guys made me rethink the drop . I think you guys are right about the turbulence under the step. Went ahead in mounted the transducer bracket to put the transducer a little deeper in the water.
That looks familiar! should work great like that.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Transducer location is all good. Was a bit rough on the big lake so I took a ride down the river. Going upstream I had a very good signal at any speed. Heading downstream into the wind and chop I picked up a little surface feedback. But will say ran it up to 44,,mph and still had a good signal.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Transducer location is all good. Was a bit rough on the big lake so I took a ride down the river. Going upstream I had a very good signal at any speed. Heading downstream into the wind and chop I picked up a little surface feedback. But will say ran it up to 44,,mph and still had a good signal.
Sweet. Sounds like a successful launch to me. Cork the champagne.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Half tank of gas and two on board with a tailwind speedo read 44mph. Heading into the wind and 1ft chop 40mph.