• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maiden voyage of our new 210, likes and DISLIKES

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the Cobras on my boat and they did make a huge difference. I'm going to give the TV a shot as soon as they go back on sale.
Wouldn't you be doubling up at that point with both the cobras and the TV?

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'll trade your Starboard control for my Port, which does the same thing... If I take my hand off the throttle at less than around 4k it makes it's way back to the first detent on it's own. I also experienced the bow wander at low speeds and went with the Cobra AK's with Mega Fangs, they help a lot. I was an outboard / IO operator for 40+ years before we got the 210 FSH Sport and after a few months of operation we'll most likely never go back. Take the advice above, watch the videos and practice a bit... before long you'll be very confident around the dock!
How complicated was the install on the Cobras, especially that nut all the way in the back? Did you attach the fangs to the plate before installing the plate?

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nothing can compare to all time steering enhancements with the Magnum A K steering system "NOTHING".
From Slow speed to high speed , mid range to off power and add the mega fang set to provide real reverse control and enhanced reverse thrust plus power steering add in power stopping for all the control you could ever ask for.
If you want to rotate your twin engine jet boat in place just place one control in forward and one in reverse to change direction just reverse the position of the controls you do not need any steering or lateral thrusters on your boat to perform this maneuver just go out and try it yourself.
I also add a very important second tie rod for balance to your steering system not because my steering needs it but because your boat needs it .
My system will also keep you from loosing control when you slow down rapidly when you are turning even the factory rudder with thrust vectors as huge as they are will not help in off power steering.
So if you are worried about hitting something while docking and possibly doing some damage to your boat just imagine how bad it is when you slow during a turn and loose control Maybe striking another boat or a bridge or a person, So look at the big picture , If the wife can drive the boat with confidence " So can you and your guests.
Less cost and way more features and benefits.
So has anyone ever seen a copy of this limited lifetime warranty we keep hearing about? check with the federal trade commission on warranty requirements or warranty voiding, lots of info there, even a complaint form for consumers to file if they have an issue with any warranty . Don't be a lemming, do your homework , and please try doing the rotating trick with no steering beside the original one and see how it works without any extra parts added.
Hey there Jeff, I know the maneuver well, I have used in the past with my previous dual outboard, it works just as well with my new 210 factory stock. Gonna give your Cobras a try. Thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Remember my 30 day money back guarantee as always and my 49 dollar repair or replace warranty, both posted on my web page as REQUIRED !
I am always available to assist in the install if you have questions .
I personally believe more reverse thrust and better real reverse steering is just common sense but anyone who has my ultimate steering who wishes to try the lateral thrusters can contact me for special side force stabilizers that are compatible so they keep their full time adjustable and selectable steering without needing to change it out for plastic part time huge fins that work at very slow speed only.
And as for the improved effect of our Mega Fangs that not only increase the steering effect of the system in forward and reverse while increasing the actual usable reverse thrust, providing excellent stopping and steering power in reverse at all speeds while also providing a power steering effect, at half the price of the other parts . Well these are in stock and ready to rock. I also have a supply of the plastic fins from my trade up program and I will be making the Mega Fang models available for people with some of these fins so they get improved steering at speed and improved reverse power stopping, power reverse steering that they can add for $220 and hopefully get more for less because lets face it LESS IS JUST LESS!

Mike Courterier

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How complicated was the install on the Cobras, especially that nut all the way in the back? Did you attach the fangs to the plate before installing the plate?
It was pretty simple and straightforward with the exception of the plate for the fangs and where the included tabs go... it took a bit of thought but I eventually sorted it out.

The documentation that came with my kit and the available videos online were lacking, however I believe Jeff has improved both since I put mine on back in February.

Not sure what "nut all the way in the back" you're referring to, none of the hardware was difficult to install once it's location was determined.

I did not install the fangs to the plate before installing the plate, it takes some maneuvering of the plate to get it into position and I'm not certain that it can be done if the fangs are already attached, Jeff can correct me if I'm wrong.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It is easier to place the base on the nozzle as instructed first, then the mega fangs on that followed by the fins /brackets and tie rods last. I have learned that taking your time and not allowing anyone to help you is the best way to do it as too many cooks will spoil the soup. I find it best to be the one doing the install and that way I know what was done and how it was done.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'd remove the Cobras in order to try the TV.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have none installed at the moment, trying to figure out which would help "Me" best. I'm going to do a bit more on water testing before I commit to either system.
I've found you just need to ignore all the jaw jarring around this topic and read as much as you can about the positives on both systems. In the end Cobra makes a great product and has great customer support --- JBP also makes a great product and has great customer support. Personally when I finally get the boat back from storage I'll be trying out a little of both with the Cobra AK fins in conjunction with the JBP lateral thrusters. It seems to me what will work best for me, but time/testing will tell. Strong feelings around this topic but like you say it only matters what you think will help "You" the most for the boating you do.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
ttzz is correct either product will be a vast improvement over stock. For the life of me I'm surprised Yamaha has not reached out to one or both of the vendors to include these on the boat right from the dealership.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length