• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Making DVSR Active with Engines On Only

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds about right to me. If you are looking at hooking up to it for the dvsr a 16 gauge wire will be fine.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone experience this?

I had all battery switched to the off position
battery charger on charging the batteries, dual bank
While the batteries were charging I notice the DVSR relay was on – Red light was on and the bilge pump would cycle on and off every 2 min
So I disconnected the ground wire of the DVSR relay from the battery and plugged in the charger again – pump stayed off this time

With all switches to the off position and charger not connected the pump is off

Another question, when charger is on is it ok to leave the house switch to in position to keep the bilge on?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone experience this?

I had all battery switched to the off position
battery charger on charging the batteries, dual bank
While the batteries were charging I notice the DVSR relay was on – Red light was on and the bilge pump would cycle on and off every 2 min
So I disconnected the ground wire of the DVSR relay from the battery and plugged in the charger again – pump stayed off this time

With all switches to the off position and charger not connected the pump is off

Another question, when charger is on is it ok to leave the house switch to in position to keep the bilge on?
This red light and dvsr being on is what happens because of the dvsr red loop wire and why it should be cut and connected to the engine on wire provided you don't have an eseries boat. If eseries we are currently on that and I will update once fix options are confirmed. The reason the dvsr light comes on is that the battery side of the switches are jumped to the dvsr behind the switches.

As for the bilge pump that is very odd. There should be no way for the factory bilge pump to receive power with the battery switches off. Something would have to be miss wired behind the switches for that to happen.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This red light and dvsr being on is what happens because of the dvsr red loop wire and why it should be cut and connected to the engine on wire provided you don't have an eseries boat. If eseries we are currently on that and I will update once fix options are confirmed. The reason the dvsr light comes on is that the battery side of the switches are jumped to the dvsr behind the switches.

As for the bilge pump that is very odd. There should be no way for the factory bilge pump to receive power with the battery switches off. Something would have to be miss wired behind the switches for that to happen.
+1 sounds like the DVSR is wired wrong. Might help to post a picture of how the cluster is wired. I leave my switches on with the boat charging in the water. I wet slip so I pull the cord, throw lines, start the motors and go. That is the exact scenario that I put this mod together to enable.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think I am just going to through a switch on it
When I get a chance I will snap photos on how it's wired.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So glad I got this done during the winter time. With all these posts, You all starting to confuse me again lol. :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::playful:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So glad I got this done during the winter time. With all these posts, You all starting to confuse me again lol. :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::playful:

The big todo is that just realizing that the solution for an e-series needs to be different because of the solar panels. There is a member who is going to do some testing so I can make a diagram of how to add a relay system that will automatically turn the DVSR on when the solar panels are providing a charge but a smart charger is not hooked up, or when the the engines are on, but also turn the DVSR off when a smart charger is hooked up.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok gotcha. Do the solar panels get attached to the SPU on the starboard side? If so I can look into his too.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok gotcha. Do the solar panels get attached to the SPU on the starboard side? If so I can look into his too.
I don't think the solar panels have anything to do with the SPU. The voltage fix however is still needed and should not be confused with the DVSR.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aaah that's where I get all mixed up. Lol

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Wouldn't a simple fix be to install an additional BEP house batt isolator before the factory house bat isolator switch to break the dsvr circuit for dual bank chargers on both eseries and non eseries configurations?
Just before or just after the "pro ingstaller fuse holder" in your diagram... or on the wire connecting the two negative posts together. IMG_0938.PNG

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does the dsvr ever turn on while your boat is stored / when boat is not on and boat is not being charged does dsvr ever trip on with non eseries?

TheGilster22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is there a confirmed solution for the e series boats? Just replaced batteries with new blue top Optima batteries and considering adding the NOCO Genius Gen2 20 amp dual bank charger.

Fpdr1113

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you just moved the dvsr wires that go to both isolator switches to the other terminal (i.e. To the non battery side) , when you charge with both switches off then the charger and batteries should be isolated......if you need to leave the house battery on, then even if the dvsr was closed, it still couldn't reach the starter battery.......why wouldn't that work??

As best I can tell is that in my configuration, if you had start battery switch enabled, but house battery off (which really would only happen if you forgot to turn on house battery), then once the start battery was charged and the dvsr closed, then potentially that little wire would be trying to run your entire house electrical and potentially burn up wire. Easy fix for that would be a fuse or circuit breaker

Last edited:

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My question with the connext connected to the batteries is why my house side is always reading no more than 12.4-12.5v at full charge? That seems little off to me.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is that reading from a meter or on the connext screen? I would check open cell voltage with a meter (no load on the battery) to verify. 12v batteries should settle out after charging at 12.6-7v. Also if it is not a maintenance free battery check electrolyte levels.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's the connext screen reading. For some reason I can't get my multi meter to read them.

MNdrifter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone know if the 1.0L MR1 engine has an Eng On wire? I don't see one in the wiring diagram. Considering using the Oil Pressure signal.

Brian Millette

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pardon my ignorance but I'm new to Yamaha. What position you you guys generally put the battery switch in for normal ops with the DVSR. I intend to install with ignition on option.
Thanks

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pardon my ignorance but I'm new to Yamaha. What position you you guys generally put the battery switch in for normal ops with the DVSR. I intend to install with ignition on option.
Thanks
If you are wired in so the dvsr only engages when the ignition is on then you turn the switches on before you put the boat in the water and off when you take it out.