• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mantus Anchor Storage

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I keep an anchor in the anchor storage in the bow, but I have a Mantus that I typically use for the rear. The problem is, I store it in the forward starboard seat cabbie and it bounces around. Any tips or ideas to stop it from bouncing? Any ingenious elder way to have a storage bin for the anchor and rode?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
8C7A7CA1-496A-4673-915A-ADEDE5E4C726.pngSomeone here posted this 13 lb Mantus. Haven’t tried it yet but keep this in my photos to remind me

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Two things, I don't want to cut the chunk out of the body and I keep the stock anchor there. I may try to construct something out of wood this weekend.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nevermind. I just zoomed in on the pic. Never noticed that before.

smurf00

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got my #8 and will be storing it in the passenger side bow storage. Rope and chain will stay in the anchor locker though, Need to find a container to keep it in.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I made a simple 2x4 thingy with wood laying around, i'll take a pic. The only thing I'm worried about is the wood rotting.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Im on the same boat, but on a different boat. I want to do something for my 230. I have a 13lbs mantus for big stuff, and I'll keep the 8 lbs on the bow closet.

I'm thinking of printing something on the 3d printer. Would you share what you did with wood?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here's what I quickly rigged up to hold the Mantus from rolling around under the forward starboard seat.
IMG_7905.jpgIMG_7903.jpg

Attachments

FrankC2208

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used my 13 lb Mantus anchor for the first time this weekend. I stored it under the seat starboard side along with the cooler that came with the boat. That storage has carpet. That along with the cooler helped keep the anchor from shifting while driving.

2019 242 Limited S here

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's what I quickly rigged up to hold the Mantus from rolling around under the forward starboard seat.
View attachment 90064View attachment 90065

This is absolutely awesome! We were just trying to decide what to do with ours, and the container I had in mind was a complete failure. As for the wood rotting, you could make one out of pressure treated 2x4's, or just don't worry about it - if you have to build another one of those, you're out $3-5 at most. The only thing I might do is take a router with a roundover bit in it, and go over all the edges. Paint might help it blend in, but I'm not gonna dress it up, since it'll be easier to give directions for putting it away (slide the long handle thingy into the slot between the 2x4's that're under the seat, AND DON'T DROP THE DAMN THING!).

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
E5C83AD7-BE4A-4B11-9B53-9301E48E8722.jpeg

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Screw some velcro to the carpet/ply wood floor under the seat compartment. People forget about straps these days. Either velcro or a strap works great. This is what I do for my shore spikes.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This excites me. I feel like it could probably be done with some careful modifications to the hatch on the 242s, but I certainly lack the skill needed in that department. Would probably even look good, too.

Do you have any issue with the anchor interfering with the trailer winch when loading/unloading?

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For the odd shape of the Mantus, velcro seems like it wouldn't secure it as well as I'd like it to be.
Velcro held down my manson supreme just fine, but mine was stored with the shank angled up and the stock and fluke (or whatever a plow equivalent for a fluke is) held to the floor. The shank was held to the right side of the carpet and then the rode was sitting on top of the plow. I never heard the thing move. That said, some of these other approaches are pretty nice (that and I've stopped using plow type anchors for the time being.

amc2019

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I used my 13 lb Mantus anchor for the first time this weekend. I stored it under the seat starboard side along with the cooler that came with the boat. That storage has carpet. That along with the cooler helped keep the anchor from shifting while driving.

2019 242 Limited S here
Hi! Just got a 2019 242 Lim SE and am considering a Mantus anchor...2 questions: Does the #13 fit in the forward anchor storage? Do you think an #8 would do, or #13 really needed?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t think either will fit it. I will tell you I went camping in 30 mph winds the other day and I had a friend tie his boat to mine bc his anchor wouldn’t hold. The 13lb mantus held both boats. I use a plow anchor for the rear of my boat. Nothing will pull those two anchors out

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Maybe the new design will fit better?