• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Max hwy speed towing your yami?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
70-80 all day long. Put radials on the trailer when I first got it. I've run her to 100 on occasion when needing to pass interstate highway trolls. Tow with a Ram 1500 5.7L.
I run a Ram 1500 5.7l as well - these things will TOW like crazy!

Mustangswan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Usually about 65, will pass if needed to 75, but with the wife, 3 kids and the dog would rather be there 5 minutes later than fish tailing. I have seen 2 trailers wag the dog and ending up in the median. One rolled over. The other scattered stuff, including a dirt bike all over the freeway before it stopped 40 feet off the road. To me owning a boat is about relaxing and have fun.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Don’t worry what others are doing on the interstate. Drive defensively like those may-pops might pop. If people have to go around you or tail gate then that is their problem. 70 mph is not the minimum speed limit on the interstate. Let it be their problem or you could be frustrated when you overwork your trailer bearings, hubs or those skinny trailer tires. If you’ve ever had a blowout on a trailer while towing at speed I think you would understand how much of a butt pucker factor that becomes real quick when you least expect it. With a single axle tire setup I’d be extra cautious,
Exactly my sentiments on this topic! Also keep in mind that most trailer tires that come as original equipment are absolute crap.

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
65 mph max for me but usually 55 to 60 especially if it's congested or passing through some urban cesspool. To hell with everyone else driving like ***holes and eff the tailgaters :mad:. Keep yourself and your family safe.