• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mission Reef Mat

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't have a mission brand one, but have the same style high pressure mat. We absolutely love it, it is a bit of a bear to haul out of the ski locker, but even my wife can do it if I'm otherwise occupied. Get an automatic high pressure pump, and inflation/deflation is a simple task. We just roll it out off the swim deck, turn on the pump, and then go do other things while it inflates - same thing on the back end, haul it in the boat and let it drip dry for a few minutes, deflate it, and wipe down with a towel as we fold.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought the Mission Reef85 Mat during the black friday sale and it came with the Tempest day pack soft side cooler as a throw in - best price by far. Super nice mat - material is similar to a zodiac boat - bag and storage is nice - the mat and the pump all fit in one bag and it can store pretty easily. Got lucky as I got mine before they became backordered. I see they will drop them into the outlet section occasionally as factory B stock. I have bought B Stock fenders and cannot tell them apart from new - so I would not hesitate to jump on one I see there either. 85 is about the perfect size I think - not too big and not too small. You can 100% sit on a chair on them - and 2 chairs and a table with the 85.

Not sure where you are located but some dealers have them in store to see (and even stand on water if you want to try out). Buckeye Sports has them in Ohio - too cold to water test right now but they have them on their pond in the spring/summer.

Factory Refurbished | REEF Inflatable Water Mats | $ 312.40 | MISSION Boat Gear

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get an automatic high pressure pump, and inflation/deflation is a simple task.

I would like to add an auto pump - any suggestions? I see the SUP pumps on Amazon but most are like $150. Any good pumps for less?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Bought the Mission Reef85 Mat during the black friday sale and it came with the Tempest day pack soft side cooler as a throw in - best price by far. Super nice mat - material is similar to a zodiac boat - bag and storage is nice - the mat and the pump all fit in one bag and it can store pretty easily. Got lucky as I got mine before they became backordered. I see they will drop them into the outlet section occasionally as factory B stock. I have bought B Stock fenders and cannot tell them apart from new - so I would not hesitate to jump on one I see there either. 85 is about the perfect size I think - not too big and not too small. You can 100% sit on a chair on them - and 2 chairs and a table with the 85.

Not sure where you are located but some dealers have them in store to see (and even stand on water if you want to try out). Buckeye Sports has them in Ohio - too cold to water test right now but they have them on their pond in the spring/summer.

Factory Refurbished | REEF Inflatable Water Mats | $ 312.40 | MISSION Boat Gear
On the black Friday sale, was it regular price for the Reef85 and it came with the Tempest free? Or was the mat on a sale price and also came with the Tempest free?

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was a package deal on sale for black friday - $549 for the Reef 85 and the Tempest. So like $300 off the normal price on those two items.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It was a package deal on sale for black friday - $549 for the Reef 85 and the Tempest. So like $300 off the normal price on those two items.
That's a very sweet deal!

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have had our Reef 085 for 2 seasons, love it. It is heavy and a bit of a work out to get in/out but worth it when it's all setup. It easily one of the best things to have when lounging around (deep or shallow), super stable can have a bunch of people on it without sinking (standing, sitting on the edge, etc). It does shake from side to side so that's the only thing that will knock you down if you are standing on it. The included pump does work, but takes a long time and effort to get it to the right PSI (~4lbs is about all you need). So I have a high pressure SUP pump that does the trick in a couple mins. Way more uses for adults than the foam style pads you see around, plus it takes up less space.

I have meta bunch that work at Mission (owners, employees, etc) since they are local to MN. Such a great group of people to talk to and deal with if you have issues. Solid group of folks at that company!

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We have had our Reef 085 for 2 seasons, love it. It is heavy and a bit of a work out to get in/out but worth it when it's all setup. It easily one of the best things to have when lounging around (deep or shallow), super stable can have a bunch of people on it without sinking (standing, sitting on the edge, etc). It does shake from side to side so that's the only thing that will knock you down if you are standing on it. The included pump does work, but takes a long time and effort to get it to the right PSI (~4lbs is about all you need). So I have a high pressure SUP pump that does the trick in a couple mins. Way more uses for adults than the foam style pads you see around, plus it takes up less space.

I have meta bunch that work at Mission (owners, employees, etc) since they are local to MN. Such a great group of people to talk to and deal with if you have issues. Solid group of folks at that company!
Agreed on all of that. I've been by their shop in Plymouth a couple times. Love the mat, and they are good people!

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
you will not be disappointed at all with Mission
We have had this for 4 years now. no real sag at all. very rigid.
I even thought of buying another one just to have it on hand if something ever happens
It is a great extension of the boat when at anchor

Also a good landing pad for the drone

I suggest getting one of their electric high flow pumps

5672BECA-808B-4AB6-AC97-C2F0944B3A90_1_105_c.jpeg

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I wonder if Mission would be interested in a group buy??

I was leaning towards a foam lily pad type mat but this has piqued my interest.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would like to add an auto pump - any suggestions? I see the SUP pumps on Amazon but most are like $150. Any good pumps for less?
This is the one I have, was only $134 at the time though. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0819RTT4P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had a cheaper one I found on eBay that was $60 or so, but it broke in less than a season. this one has been rock solid for me, and is in use at least a few times a week during the summer for inflating/deflating the mat and a pair of paddleboards. FWIW, this one can operate as a high volume or high pressure pump - it runs first in high volume mode to get the boards/mat inflated, then switches to high pressure. The cheaper one I had operated as high pressure only, and took nearly twice as long to get a paddleboard inflated.

This one looks pretty nice and is well reviewed. I'd probably give this a try if I needed to buy today.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I love these Mission Mats. I didn’t even know they existed. On initial search....I can’t find them in Canada I may have to slip over the border when things get better. This would be perfect for my family

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, it appears the Reef Mats are no longer on back order because this bad boy just arrived today. I must say that I'm extremely impressed with the Reef 85. It's built like a tank and the quality is top notch. I blew it up to 8 psi in garage and I cant believe how firm and solid it is. I thoroughly believe you could place a beer pong table in the middle with a person at each end and play a game. I might have to test that out =). I'll get it out on the water next month. Oh, I paired it with this SUP pump: https://outdoormaster.com/products/20psi-high-pressure-sup-air-pump-the-shark. Literally set the PSI, hit start and walked away.

IMG_4128.JPG

CA Sterling Archer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another rigid mat system to look at is a company called Paddle North. The one thing I like is the mat has a wood look to it. They have blow up paddle boards and other gear as well. I bought their 5x15 mat and it’s still going strong after 3 seasons of heavy use. Like others have mentioned, kids and adults enjoy playing on them.

2 summers ago we put a rope and small anchor on the mat and left my wife and sister anchored in the middle of the lake while we went and played with tubes. They became quite popular, two good looking gals in bikinis “stranded” in the middle of the lake. When we went back to pick them up they had had a few people swing by asking about the mat and if they needed help. Not to mention they accumulated a few extra adult beverages as well!!

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I tried to buy the Reef 85 last yr right before 4th of July but there was a shipping problem due to COVID so it didn’t work out. The people were great to work with and tried to make it work but in the end delayed delivery was the issue. So I held out and ordered it before they run out of stock and it just arrived this week. The kids are pumped and can’t wait for warm weather! Looks like they also just released three new styles. Creative but more adult style.
Mission Reef Hex

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quick question.

I have a portable Ryobi inflator that has enough PSI for a car tire.

Could I use this adapter and then use the portable pump to fill one of these reef mats?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JKQWGPX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VRAS82TGXBXGPZFECACK

Or am I better off getting a SUP pump that runs off the 12v on my boat?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Quick question.

I have a portable Ryobi inflator that has enough PSI for a car tire.

Could I use this adapter and then use the portable pump to fill one of these reef mats?

Amazon.com: Heytur Inflatable Boat SUP Pump Adaptor Standard Schrader Conventional Air Pump Air Valve Adapter Spoke Plate Attachment(Black): Sports & Outdoors

Or am I better off getting a SUP pump that runs off the 12v on my boat?
That's exactly what I do. Be advised that it will take a few minutes. But it works.

On a side note, I ripped my WOW mat this weekend. I used to attach it to my stern cleats. We jumped on it (3 grown adults mind you) all at the same time and RIP!!!! oh well. Lasted 2.5 seasons.