• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

(Most) JetSkiers are the scum of the earth

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
To be fair, almost all of my neighbors have jet skis, and they rarely shoot at each other. And the towing/jumping incident took place the morning of the 4th, aka "amateur day" on the lake, so I should have known better than to be out there with the once-a-year crowd.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Not all people on jet skis act that way
Not all... but most are inconsiderate and have no respect at the ramp or the water.

I've owned them before. I've been to this beach before. Not shocked at all this happened. Most riders rip it in the no wake zone with a kid playing 5 feet away.

I've watched the Jet Skiers take overs first hand. 90% deserve to be banned from the water. The last one I saw hundreds rip 40+mph through 3 feet of water at a sandbar where people where standing in water, some within feet of anchored boats. Lucky no one was killed or hurt.

Last edited:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have jet skis and have ridden them all my life. However, I've also boated all my life so I know how to act and to not act a fool. In any event regardless of the day I'm constantly watching to see what those around me are doing. If someone was to start jumping my wake while I was towing someone I'd immediately just stop until they got bored and left the area. Our local lake jet skis actually aren't super popular. It's a small, tight lake. I'm generally more concerned with folks pulling tubers not really paying attention to where they're driving. Sucks for those that lost their life. :(

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We can say the same for wakeboats.
I get the argument for the wakes they cause. But they don't typically put people in danger.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We can say the same for wakeboats.
Never seen a wakeboat rip through crowds of anchored boats, jump wakes behind a tuber or wakeboarder, doing donuts in a swimming area, spraying people on docks and boats, or 10-13 year olds driving them with no supervision. Can their wakes be annoying? Sure, but they aren't out being a menace to everyone out there on the lake. Typically they are doing 11 mph and have plenty of time to react. And yes, I've owned jet skis before and obeyed the rules of the lake.
In fairness, I could go on and on about boaters with shitty etiquette on the lake too: traveling on the wrong side of the lake (clockwise), not yielding to the right when coming head on, drunk, making wake in no wake areas, parking and blocking the launch dock, unloading on the ramp, etc...

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think the best start would be to ban companies from renting jet skis, and also raise the minimum age to ride alone to 16 years old not 13. Seems like the biggest dumbasses on jet skis are the renters.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I think the best start would be to ban companies from renting jet skis, and also raise the minimum age to ride alone to 16 years old not 13. Seems like the biggest dumbasses on jet skis are the renters.
The renters honestly aren't the worst in my experience. Sure they always go fast in no wake zones, but FWC gets them almost immediately every time. The people part of the FL Jet Ski Riders group are the worst IMO.. those are all owners.

But yeah minimum age should be up. Minimum age to rent should go up. Realistically people should have to take a hands-on course in order legally operate any watercraft. These online courses aren't worth a damn.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I own both, and it has gotten worse and worse with these new waverunner owners. That beach where the incident happened has turned to crap with the people that go there. No regards for anyone around them. Granted, I'm sure not everyone is like that, but the majority are.

I try to ride away from people when i take the waverunner out. It is sad that its getting worse and worse and i don't doubt they will start to restrict waverunners in the near future.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I own both, and it has gotten worse and worse with these new waverunner owners. That beach where the incident happened has turned to crap with the people that go there. No regards for anyone around them. Granted, I'm sure not everyone is like that, but the majority are.

I try to ride away from people when i take the waverunner out. It is sad that its getting worse and worse and i don't doubt they will start to restrict waverunners in the near future.
That beach was bad with them in 2016, I couldn't even imagine how bad it is now. I once watched a F350 dually try to launch his boat off that beach. It wasn't 4x4 - he dug about a 3 foot hole with his tires. I have a strong hunch that many are not legal citizens.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So two groups of scumbags start shooting at each other and kill innocent bystanders, and the takeaway is "THOSE DAMN JETSKIERS!" 🤔
WOW!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So two groups of scumbags start shooting at each other and kill innocent bystanders, and the takeaway is "THOSE DAMN JETSKIERS!" 🤔
WOW!
Well figuring it seemed to have started from jet-skiers riding dangerously by children in a no-wake area... and jet skiers do this on a regular, consistent, basis..... yes. It fits my narrative of most jet ski riders that they are shitty human beings with no regard to others.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
All of us from the other 49 states know the real problem is Florida Man ;)
It could be just a Florida thing. Based on Haulover videos - it's getting worse.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It could be just a Florida thing. Based on Haulover videos - it's getting worse.
One of the bigger lakes here has pretty bad behavior with dumb ski operators and just dumbness in general. We don’t go there much.

We don’t have sandbars so no one is getting hit by a ski on foot at least.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To be fair, almost all of my neighbors have jet skis, and they rarely shoot at each other. And the towing/jumping incident took place the morning of the 4th, aka "amateur day" on the lake, so I should have known better than to be out there with the once-a-year crowd.
"rarely" 🤣🤣🤣