• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

(Most) JetSkiers are the scum of the earth

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I didn’t heed the warnings of my neighbors who have lived here near or on the water for many years and I cruised by the local party spot, Skiers Beach, on July 4th. The pics don’t do it justice but around 30 boats lined the small beach and there were 3 to 4 rows of 40 boat rafts behind them. Lots of boats anchored nearby as well. In between the rafts of boats and anchored boats were all kinds of PWCs many of them being driven by complete rookies, some of them showing off for the girls they had onboard, some trying to take video with one hand while controlling the throttle with the other, most didn’t understand what “no wake means”.

My first boat was a Kawasaki (genuine) Jetski. I never rode like that and neither did my friends.
My son has been riding solo since he was 12 and is safer than most of the adults I saw riding on July 4th.

To me the problem is greater access, a lot of people can afford to buy or finance a pwc and manufactures/dealers/sellers don’t distinguish between experienced or inexperienced buyers. Kind of like the proliferation of drones a few years ago. People, myself included, had been flying radio controlled helicopters for decades before the first widely recognized “drone/quad copter” the DJI Phantom with a camera hit the market. Prior to that rc pilots belonged to clubs, carried insurance and generally followed all the safety protocols, I almost never heard about a complaint, injury, etc. once DJI drones hit the market at an affordable $750 or so cost, almost anyone could buy one, many did and discarded the safety practices of the past. Now the industry is heavily regulated and makes the news for all the wrong reasons.

As for pwcs, here in CA they are phasing in a boater’s card requirement for all boaters based on age. I made my son get his when he turned 16, he is almost 21 now and we have been out on the skis and boat many, many times since, not once was he ever been asked to show is boaters card. A law or regulation that isn’t enforced is useless.

the original story begs the question, “Why is anyone but a LEO bringing a gun to a recreational day on the water? Does Florida or any state have a pirate problem at their inlets?IMG_4969.jpegIMG_4971.jpeg

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the original story begs the question, “Why is anyone but a LEO bringing a gun to a recreational day on the water? Does Florida or any state have a pirate problem at their inlets?
Like many atrociously written stories nowadays, there's precious little info to the story to fill in the blanks, only an effort to ensure the sensational info of the headline is added.

Grandpa and kid were in a truck, apparently, and either the shot went through grandpa's hand, killing the kid, or grandpa was a glancing blow from the fatal shot.

Really can't even determine if they were the target, or innocent bystanders - I won't put much stock in ANY "facts" of such a shoddy report as that story.

The possibility also exists that EVERYONE in the story is an a-hole, but ultimately, only the kid paid the price smh

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It’s like they were trying to cause a collision, the guy claiming to have been hit went from standing up and yelling to unable ride once the police boat showed up.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yea the first day of HELL IN FLORIDA so just wait it will get continuously worse, I carried a gun for 23 years but when I retired I left it home because the minute you pull the trigger your life as you know it is over. Regardless ! No gun you can't use it can you. But now every pot head and drug user etc will be stealing them from cars and no one will be calling the police because someone has a concealed hand gun. What happened is based on a group of intoxicated ass holes with guns and no brains. So mark my words I know what is going to happen now that everyone is carrying guns. The people are the problem not what boat they choose to ride . Just wait for the road rage shootings to start being a common problem.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yea the first day of HELL IN FLORIDA so just wait it will get continuously worse, I carried a gun for 23 years but when I retired I left it home because the minute you pull the trigger your life as you know it is over. Regardless ! No gun you can't use it can you. But now every pot head and drug user etc will be stealing them from cars and no one will be calling the police because someone has a concealed hand gun. What happened is based on a group of intoxicated ass holes with guns and no brains. So mark my words I know what is going to happen now that everyone is carrying guns. The people are the problem not what boat they choose to ride . Just wait for the road rage shootings to start being a common problem.
freedom is scary :facepalm:

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The post & story that started this dumpster fire has NOTHING to do with "JetSki riders" and EVERYTHING to do with the POS individuals who chose to settle their differences by letting a few rounds go and killing a kid. I guess bad experiences with PWC's have generated some hurt feelings, but to characterize "most jet ski riders" as "shitty human beings with no regard to others" and as the "scum of the earth," using a story about a heinous crime in which a child lost his life to support a "I Hate Jetskiers" thread is beneath the standards of this forum and it's members.
noun
noun: troll; plural noun: trolls
  1. 1.
    a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.
    • a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.

captedit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I always carry on the lake. You guys did see the movie "Captain Phillips" with Tom Hanks, didn't you?

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jet Skis are just the quads of the water. Takes no talent to ride one and anyone can jump on and go faster than their skill level (there, that ought to stir up a shitstorm from owners of both 😂)

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m sorry but who carries a gun on a jet ski?
Nothing in the linked story said they were carrying a gun on a jet ski. If the story was written by even a half-competent person, it might explain the situation, but as it reads at this point, it's speculation, at best along with an assumption, that this is what happened.

The shitty reporter is getting exactly the response they wanted with their poorly written story.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nothing in the linked story said they were carrying a gun on a jet ski. If the story was written by even a half-competent person, it might explain the situation, but as it reads at this point, it's speculation, at best along with an assumption, that this is what happened.

The shitty reporter is getting exactly the response they wanted with their poorly written story.
As you’ve stated, it’s what’s left out of the report that is most telling.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I didn’t heed the warnings of my neighbors who have lived here near or on the water for many years and I cruised by the local party spot, Skiers Beach, on July 4th. The pics don’t do it justice but around 30 boats lined the small beach and there were 3 to 4 rows of 40 boat rafts behind them. Lots of boats anchored nearby as well. In between the rafts of boats and anchored boats were all kinds of PWCs many of them being driven by complete rookies, some of them showing off for the girls they had onboard, some trying to take video with one hand while controlling the throttle with the other, most didn’t understand what “no wake means”.

My first boat was a Kawasaki (genuine) Jetski. I never rode like that and neither did my friends.
My son has been riding solo since he was 12 and is safer than most of the adults I saw riding on July 4th.

To me the problem is greater access, a lot of people can afford to buy or finance a pwc and manufactures/dealers/sellers don’t distinguish between experienced or inexperienced buyers. Kind of like the proliferation of drones a few years ago. People, myself included, had been flying radio controlled helicopters for decades before the first widely recognized “drone/quad copter” the DJI Phantom with a camera hit the market. Prior to that rc pilots belonged to clubs, carried insurance and generally followed all the safety protocols, I almost never heard about a complaint, injury, etc. once DJI drones hit the market at an affordable $750 or so cost, almost anyone could buy one, many did and discarded the safety practices of the past. Now the industry is heavily regulated and makes the news for all the wrong reasons.

As for pwcs, here in CA they are phasing in a boater’s card requirement for all boaters based on age. I made my son get his when he turned 16, he is almost 21 now and we have been out on the skis and boat many, many times since, not once was he ever been asked to show is boaters card. A law or regulation that isn’t enforced is useless.

the original story begs the question, “Why is anyone but a LEO bringing a gun to a recreational day on the water? Does Florida or any state have a pirate problem at their inlets?View attachment 203646View attachment 203647
That “scene” is the antithesis of why I love being out on the water.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The post & story that started this dumpster fire has NOTHING to do with "JetSki riders" and EVERYTHING to do with the POS individuals who chose to settle their differences by letting a few rounds go and killing a kid. I guess bad experiences with PWC's have generated some hurt feelings, but to characterize "most jet ski riders" as "shitty human beings with no regard to others" and as the "scum of the earth," using a story about a heinous crime in which a child lost his life to support a "I Hate Jetskiers" thread is beneath the standards of this forum and it's members.
noun
noun: troll; plural noun: trolls
  1. 1.
    a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.
    • a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.
Tell me you own a Jet ski without telling me. I have hundred upon hundreds of hours on water. Launch a boat 200+ times a year. My extensive experience backs my statement, and lots of people agree with it. More than a majority of riders have no respect for others on the water.

I cannot prove my opinion as a fact, but USCG has data points that help. Jet skis make 1/10th of vessels but account for 1/5th of accidents. Pretty glaring statistic, figuring they are only allowed to be On the water during the day.

If you don’t like it, then start helping to educate your friends and others in your group who ride.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The time was sunset just after 8 pm, the place was a boat ramp the fools were letting children swim in the water at the ramp and got mad when the skies returned to the ramp to get out of the water as the law requires them to. I don't drink but I see a lot of boaters of all types doing just that all day. As for the actual shooting etc I don't know who did what and it is outrageous but Florida just handed nearly everyone a free pass to carry concealed weapons and I know what will happen, just wait ,hopefully none of you or your families become victims but you never know.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It’s like they were trying to cause a collision, the guy claiming to have been hit went from standing up and yelling to unable ride once the police boat showed up.
Im surprised more of those PWC riders don’t get run over they way they ride in front of the boats coming in.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have hundred upon hundreds of hours on water. Launch a boat 200+ times a year. My extensive experience backs my statement, and lots of people agree with it. More than a majority of riders have no respect for others on the water.

I cannot prove my opinion as a fact, but USCG has data points that help. Jet skis make 1/10th of vessels but account for 1/5th of accidents. Pretty glaring statistic, figuring they are only allowed to be On the water during the day.
If it quacks like duck and walks like a duck it’s a duck.