• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

(Most) JetSkiers are the scum of the earth

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Years ago when PWC still had the superior engine technology (2 strokes) my brother and I had a pair. We were constantly getting complaints called in to the fish cops. Even though we followed the laws to the best of our knowledge. (My father was coast guard and would not have tolerated any less)

After a dozen or so complaints we talked with the harbor master of the county…Ended up letting him borrow the skis for a day. He launched, took them a mile or so to a popular beach where he spent the day with his family with the skis sitting quiet all day, then straight back.

When he saw the list of complaints called in about his day at the beach we never had any more problems.
That kind of reminds me of the post about the guy on here getting a ticket for going too fast in the “no wake zone” and when he went to court he showed the judge a video he took of the geese going the same speed or faster than his boat..

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That kind of reminds me of the post about the guy on here getting a ticket for going too fast in the “no wake zone” and when he went to court he showed the judge a video he took of the geese going the same speed or faster than his boat..
LOL, not sure why this would be relevant as the “cruising“ speed of flying geese is 30 to 40 m.p.h. More importantly, however, the geese are not leaving a wake in the no wake zone! If his defense was that he was boating slower than the geese, hope he got a ticket. Seems to me if he had the camera out, he could have just videoed his wake (or lack thereof.)

Jim

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
LOL, not sure why this would be relevant as the “cruising“ speed of flying geese is 30 to 40 m.p.h. More importantly, however, the geese are not leaving a wake in the no wake zone! If his defense was that he was boating slower than the geese, hope he got a ticket. Seems to me if he had the camera out, he could have just videoed his wake (or lack thereof.)

Jim
Talking to the CG. No wake is technically considered as fast as you need to go to maintain control. Now that is open to interpretation such as wind/ weather. But if hell is about to rain down on me, I’m going 30mph to gain controls and safe operation.l, I will fight that all day long. Now for these geese, was the mph or kph lol?

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No wake is not a speed. Look behind you and make sure there is nothing that can rock boats at the marina or those irritating kayakers who smugly paddle around the marina and won’t look at you because they have “the right of way “. There, I offended another group. Let’s see….so far it’s jet skiers, quads, kayakers…..I’ll keep working on it.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Jim
I assumed most would have either saw the thread on here or realized the geese were swimming next to the boat … there’s more to the story that you missed so I will explain, paraphrasing here for brevity, the OP had said he was being harangued while passing through this area by people sitting shore side while he was at idle ahead, they were yelling at him to slow down or they were going to call the man. He had noticed the geese swimming next to his boat during one of these harassments. So he made sure to video this harassment and the geese, and his minimal wake at idle ahead annnnnnd when the law swooped in and ticketed this menace to society the OP pointed out to the LEO about the geese and his slow speed but they did care. So he had the evidence when he went to court. He showed the judge who immediately threw the case out.

Does that make more sense Jim?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I assumed most would have either saw the thread on here or realized the geese were swimming next to the boat … there’s more to the story that you missed so I will explain, paraphrasing here for brevity, the OP had said he was being harangued while passing through this area by people sitting shore side while he was at idle ahead, they were yelling at him to slow down or they were going to call the man. He had noticed the geese swimming next to his boat during one of these harassments. So he made sure to video this harassment and the geese, and his minimal wake at idle ahead annnnnnd when the law swooped in and ticketed this menace to society the OP pointed out to the LEO about the geese and his slow speed but they did care. So he had the evidence when he went to court. He showed the judge who immediately threw the case out.

Does that make more sense Jim?
I’ve been away for a little while, so the context makes much more sense! LOL, I could see how geese ’swimming’ would make a good defense. 😳

Thanks for the clarification!

Jim

Last edited:

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
What ever boat that was dreamed up in your profile info will not throw a wake for any jetskier to jump.

View attachment 203841
A 25' boat doesn't put out much of a wake? The vast majority of boats are under 26', so I guess there aren't many wakes out there for them to jump.

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
A 25' boat doesn't put out much of a wake? The vast majority of boats are under 26', so I guess there aren't many wakes out there for them to jump.
I think what he meant was your model and length conflict.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Dimes to navy beans alcohol or drugs were involved. Strange no info about the “palmetto resident”, injured? Arrested?
A little more details:

"From my understanding, the boys were sitting in a no wake zone fishing and some jet skis were coming by, I think on their way back to the boat ramp possibly. And two of them went out wide, I guess had seen him. But the third one came around the corner a little too heavy and didn't see them in time and hit their boat dead on," Shewbridge said. "

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I think what he meant was your model and length conflict.
Yeah, the drop down for models doesn't include Chaparral models, and I couldn't figure out how to put something else in there.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
IMG_1531.png

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well it appears that maybe the only group worse than jet ski operators, or those folks trying to sell jet ski trailers on facebook marketplace (DE-MD-NJ area)! It seems that the majority of sellers have trailers without ANY documentation. Many of these sellers offer to write a bill of sale and tell potential buyers that all one has to do is title the trailer as “homemade”. Hello. Writing a bill of sale (without any other documentation) doesn’t demonstrate you actually OWN the trailer being sold. In addition, many states are cracking down on what is actually a “homemade” trailer, and simply removing the VIN off a commercially manufactured trailer just doesn’t cut it anymore with the DMV. The kicker, is that they also think their undocumented (and possibly stolen) trailer is made out of a precious metal.

Jim

p.s. I’m still looking for a reasonably priced, documented trailer.

satovod

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I always carry on the lake. You guys did see the movie "Captain Phillips" with Tom Hanks, didn't you?
according to the plot, this happened in the Gulf of Aden, next to Somalia.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
according to the plot, this happened in the Gulf of Aden, next to Somalia.
The true story happened in Tampa Bay, we now celebrate the event every year with Gaspirilla.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The true story happened in Tampa Bay, we now celebrate the event every year with Gaspirilla.
Never heard of it and had to goggle it.

Gasparilla 2023 The pirate party master list.png

Looks like a fun event!

Jim

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well it appears that maybe the only group worse than jet ski operators, or those folks trying to sell jet ski trailers on facebook marketplace (DE-MD-NJ area)! It seems that the majority of sellers have trailers without ANY documentation. Many of these sellers offer to write a bill of sale and tell potential buyers that all one has to do is title the trailer as “homemade”. Hello. Writing a bill of sale (without any other documentation) doesn’t demonstrate you actually OWN the trailer being sold. In addition, many states are cracking down on what is actually a “homemade” trailer, and simply removing the VIN off a commercially manufactured trailer just doesn’t cut it anymore with the DMV. The kicker, is that they also think their undocumented (and possibly stolen) trailer is made out of a precious metal.

Jim

If you end up having to buy a hot homemade trailer I’d recommend going to a 3rd party DMV vs a government operated one. They aren’t even going to get off their ass to walk out and look at it, at least in my experience.
I’ve got a “street legal” two stroke dirt bike and a de-VINed (not stolen) trailer licensed this way.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Jim

Well I’ve got a title for a jet ski trailer that doesn’t exist any more… I’d take $500 for it ;)