• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Movie Reviews - What's your thought about what you've seen?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just saw, “The Meg” and was pleasantly surprised. Worth the time and money for a standard ticket.

Speaking of which the Movie Pass is now useless. My theater has 25 screens but the movie pass only applied to a few showings of a single lesser known movie. Oh well, I knew it couldn’t last but still feel I got a deal on it. Costco movie tickets per and I saw 11 movies on the movie pass, if I paid Costco prices for the it would have cost $99. I paid $89 the a year l9ng subscription to movie pass so I’m $10 or 1 movie up on costs.

Last edited:

T. Hardee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My wife and I watched "Blockers" this past weekend. It has several raunchy parts that we found hilarious. If you watch it, make sure your kids are in a different room.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
EDGE OF TOMORROW:

I'm not a big fan of Tom Cruise, but heck--he gets killed over and over, what could be better! LOL
Hahahahahaha. . . .that was the same reason I watched it initially. I actually really enjoyed it though.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Driving home from the Drive-in after seeing Crazy Rich Asians. It is ok, the author is local to my area so it’s getting a lot of hype here but I’m the end it’s a modernized Cinderella story with an Asian cast.

On a related note, I hadn’t been to a drive-in in years. Tips: get there on time, they start on time, not with a bunch of trailers, bring windex and paper towels. Don’t be surprised by people in front of you Turing their cars on and distracting you with their tail or reverse lights. Or if anyone in front of you gets out to stretch or use the restroom which also activates the cabin lights.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hahahahahaha. . . .that was the same reason I watched it initially. I actually really enjoyed it though.
Tom cruise is hit/miss but I like the majority of his movies. Fan or not His movie OBLIVION was my kind of movie. Has a couple twists that you just don't see coming..

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tom cruise is hit/miss but I like the majority of his movies. Fan or not His movie OBLIVION was my kind of movie. Has a couple twists that you just don't see coming..
Oblivion was a great flick.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On a related note, I hadn’t been to a drive-in in years. Tips: get there on time, they start on time, not with a bunch of trailers, bring windex and paper towels. Don’t be surprised by people in front of you Turing their cars on and distracting you with their tail or reverse lights. Or if anyone in front of you gets out to stretch or use the restroom which also activates the cabin lights.
We have a drive in less than 2 miles from the house. Can't see the lights, but we can pickup the broadcast station on the back deck. We often sit around drinking trying to figure out what movie they're playing. We might or might have had a few drinks and attempted to act out a scene awhile back. It's amazingly entertaining, interestingly enough the more child oriented the movie, the more hilarious the amateur acting shenanigans are :D

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Watched The Last Movie Star last night on amazon prime. I was surprised how well Burt Reynolds played the part.

Check it out.

Rest In Peace, Burt Reynolds.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Let's revive this thread since a lot of movies have come out since the last posting.

How about Avengers End Game? I didn't want to believe all the hype about it, so I finally went to see it, and I must say I'm impressed. They even managed to use some quick witted one liners to tie-in all the older movies. If you haven't seen it yet, it's worth a watch.

And I'll let you know about John Wick 3 after I see it on Thursday evening. The wife wants to go see it with me, so I'd have to be some kind of monster to deny her that, right?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Loved Endgame as well. A great conclusion to the saga.

We have John Wick 3, Detective Pikachu, and Godzilla all on the agenda in the next month.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
EndGame may have been one of my all time favorite movies.

Can't wait to see John Wick execute some more GunFu.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Lets throw some plays into the mix. Saw the broadway show this weekend SOMETHING ROTTEN currently on travel...........if you like live plays, musicals and seriously funny humor, do not miss this one !!!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lets throw some plays into the mix. Saw the broadway show this weekend SOMETHING ROTTEN currently on travel...........if you like live plays, musicals and seriously funny humor, do not miss this one !!!
I had never been to a big production play until a few weeks ago we went to London and saw Wicked and Lion King, they were awesome! We wondered how my 6 year old would like it but he was literally on the edge of his seat the whole time all wide eyed watching them.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Loved Endgame as well. A great conclusion to the saga.

We have John Wick 3, Detective Pikachu, and Godzilla all on the agenda in the next month.
We watched Pikachu a few days ago, I wasn’t in to it much, but I don’t know anything about Pokémon, it definitely helps if you know about the characters. My 12 year old said it was alright, not a movie he wants us to buy and keep at home.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I had never been to a big production play until a few weeks ago we went to London and saw Wicked and Lion King, they were awesome! We wondered how my 6 year old would like it but he was literally on the edge of his seat the whole time all wide eyed watching them.
I've never been to a big production play before, but will be attending one in July. Hopefully it's good. My daughter is a huge fan of Hamilton, but a NY showing is out my budget. I got lucky that they have a traveling show coming to the Orpheum in Memphis, TN in July. I managed to score 3rd row center seats as a birthday surprise for her.

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We watched Wine Country this weekend. Felt like an Adam Sandler and friends movie. I thought it was about a C and my spouse thought it was about a B.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. . . .wasn't even on my radar. Looking forward to catching it now.
Finally caught this on a flight home from Atlanta.... pretty awesome flick.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
John wick 3 was ok.
it was a lot like wick 2. 1 vs all ,not a lot of story line. Not enough Halle. We really enjoyed the first one. The 3rd was just him running from everyone and going to casa Blanca to ask for redemption. More running in new York to the final showdown

Last edited: