• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Movie Reviews - What's your thought about what you've seen?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I thought it was definitely on par with the first two. Very entertaining to say the least.
Definitely has some creative murders.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Saw Rocket Man with the wife. Yawn......... I was not crazy about it. I didn't hate it, but I think I could have waited for DirecTv rental or even HBO to watch it, and even then I bet I would have fallen asleep. Bohemian Rhapsody was better in my book.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wife and I saw Midsommar without really reading what it was about. Just saw that it had good reviews. Holy hell, that was the most uncomfortable I have been in a long time. Thought about walking out a few times but stuck with it. Freakin crazy ass movie.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just saw a Star is Born. Terrible movie. Amazing soundtrack

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thought I would throw this out for the parents out there.

Wife took the almost 8yr old to see Toy Story 4. Said the movie was decent, however a few of the characters resemble other characters from a "horror video game" (I didn't even know these existed until now) called 5 Nights at Freddie's. Apparently some of his buddies from school and aftercare exposed him to the horror game unbeknownst to us until now. The similarities between the Toy Story 4 characters and the game characters are close enough that he was up multiple times overnight with nightmares.

Needless to say we won't be bringing the last installment home on DVD.

Also a little pissed at the other kids/parents at school, but that's a completely different conversation.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I couldn't believe some parents brought their kids to Midsommar!! The kids, boy and girl, looked to be around 7 and 8 years old. WTF are people thinking these days.....

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I couldn't believe some parents brought their kids to Midsommar!! The kids, boy and girl, looked to be around 7 and 8 years old. WTF are people thinking these days.....
Agreed. My sister lets our 8yr old niece watch "The Walking Dead". One of a multitude of reasons our boys don't stay overnight with her.

Granted I went to see Gremlins on it's debut weekend when I was 5, and I didn't turn out terribly I don't think.......but still, why risk it?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Discovered a few local theaters do $5 nights - so we have been going pretty consistent now.

Enjoyed Godzilla - plot probably needs some work but tons of action and a fun movie.

Toy Story was good, on par with the others.

Lion King was ok - Beyonce really hurts it and it lacks serious emotion. When Mufasa dies it was kinda sad. In the original it's a real fight to hold back the tears.

Spiderman was pretty good - I thought the first half was a bit blah and too DC/cheesy - but there is a reason for that and it finishes very strong.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is on the agenda for tomorrow.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was def worth the $5. It starts pretty slow but finishes with a bang in a true Quentin Tarantino fashion. Recommend solely for the ending.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Went and saw "The Peanut Butter Falcon" this weekend. It was a great movie! Feel good movie that is very Huckleberry Finn like. Grade A

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Watched a lot of movies on planes lately!

John Wick 3 - I think I'm tired of this series....needs more plot. Grade C
Hotel Mumbai - interesting Grade B-
Enough Said - funny Grade B-
Bad Times at El Royale - a bit strange but entertaining - B-
The Mule - Not your usual Clint Eastwood - Grade B
It 2 - not as scary as the first one - C+

I wont list the bizarre Amazon Prime movies dubbed from Russian! LOL

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm with you on the John Wick movies. It's all about how many people can he shoot in the head.

DirkG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
just saw The Mule thought it was good, I agree with your grade. Clint plays that old guy well..
I finally just say Spiderman-into the spider-verse
was surprisingly good. The look of the animation is very different, which was cool

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Arghhhh. Just saw Dora the Explorer! Yup, three young daughters. I saw more than my fair share of the original Dora as they grew up (Swiper no swiping!). It was never of interest until wifey saw the preview and realized it had more of teenage Indiana Jones flair than expected (Dora grew up just like my girls). Aside from the fact I’m discussing Dora, the writers did an excellent job of paying tribute to the original brand while tapping into the grown interests of its original following. We really wanted grumpy old troll. My wife almost flipped out when it went “cartoon” and was worried (almost pissed) it would stay that way. I was LMAO worried the guy who huffed the poppies and ripped his cartoon clothes off would resurface (naked) after the buzz wore off and the real-life movie came back. Anyway, kudos, but I still feel a little ashamed and want to binge-watch all of the Die Hard movies now.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Saw "Ad Astra" this weekend. Don not waste your money on this sleeper...... I thought it was really bad. Almost fell asleep a few times.

However, the trailer for the new Shelby movie called Ford vs. Ferrari looks awesome

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you are wondering if you should see ad astra (the stars) my short answer is don’t. Put another way, when I’m on my death bed I am going to want those 2 hours and 2 minutes back.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I watched Cliffhanger this weekend and despite the over acting and the fact that it's just an awful movie, I must admit that I did enjoy it. Maybe it's just because of Michael Rooker's usual oscar worthy performance (he'll always be Merle to me). Anyways, I went to google something about the movie and I noticed that they are doing a remake of Cliffhanger with Jason Momoa. Really? That's where we are for content now? Might as well start doing remakes of Dolph Lungren, Van Damme, and Ernest movies. A Double Impact remake with Dave Bautista might be interesting though....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had a group of teens to take to the movies on Saturday....the movie times lined up with "Ad Astra" or "Rambo Last Blood".....

We saw Rambo.....I didn't think Stalone's acting could get worse....it did! But man it was a seriously violent movie! But based on the above....glad we didn't all go for a nap at "Ad Astra"!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just saw the new terminator movie, action packed but ultimately a rehash of the original. If you don’t pick apart the timeline issues it’s worth the time and money. Award winner? No but still good.

Also saw malificent, if you see this it helps to see the first one again as a refresher. Also good but more for the Cinderella / Snow White crowd.