• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Movie Reviews - What's your thought about what you've seen?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saw Monster Trucks this weekend, it was good just have to remind yourself it's geered towards kids, my 10 and 4 year olds loved it.

It was like a 2 hour Dodge commercial, almost every vehicle in the movie is a Dodge even in the background, not complaining just thought it was funny.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Saw Hidden Figures with my son at his suggestion, well done. Hard to believe that just 60 or so years ago segregation was alive and well, actually legal in the U.S. Go with your kids especially if you have daughters.
We also watched that movie this past weekend. Thought it was well done too!! Didn't make me feel too proud to be a white person...still find it hard to understand how anyone thought it was fair to treat others that way. It was definitely worth the price of admission.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Rented "Deep Water Horizon" and enjoyed it-but it does fall into that category of mildly entertaining rental movie...not block buster awesomeness.....a HS friend of mine was the on set Art Director...(don't tell her I said that!)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Recent Movies I've watched and my thoughts:

1. Wonder Woman - B+ I enjoyed it, but was surprised to learn she's the daughter of a God....never knew that....made it God vs God....so that can get irksome....
  2. Dunkirk - C- I didn't like this movie at all and resisted giving it a D or F. It really focused on one tiny part of the crisis...I was expecting to see some German perspective on this....there was NONE....the only Germans you see are in the last 30 seconds...which was strange.
  3. Atomic Blonde B+ I enjoyed it....was what I expected to see....car chases, ass kickings and such....LOL

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Baby Driver...very underrated movie. Fun movie filled with awesome, badass action and music. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it and you WON'T be disappointed!!!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Watching 35th anniversary release of Blade Runner in glorious 4K HDR and Dolby Atmos right now.

10/10

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Avengers Infinity War, action from the start to the shocking end. Good movie but seriously Disney, what was up with the ending?

Oh you have to wait until the credits are completely done to see the teaser for the next installment which also had the audience I was in scratching their heads.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dunkirk needed to be seen in a theater, I think. The sound was easily the most eery and impressive movie-going experience I've had. I watched The Darkest Hour recently, which is a nice pair with Dunkirk to see the political side of that event.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Avengers Infinity War, action from the start to the shocking end. Good movie but seriously Disney, what was up with the ending?

Oh you have to wait until the credits are completely done to see the teaser for the next installment which also had the audience I was in scratching their heads.
I tried to grab tickets but only front row seating was available. Hope to see it Friday.

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Great movie, it has it all. Action? Of course. Humor? Absolutely! Surprises? Yep. Drama? Oh yeah...

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hesitantly took the kids to "ready player one" pleasantly surprised. Yes, very cheesy. But... well done kinda cheesy.

If you are a child of the late 70's-80's and/or the tech boom and you have kids into gaming or are a gamer yourself, you'll enjoy it. the references are hilarious. and though, incredulous, the premise of the movie is not entirely unbelievable. Didnt totally follow the book, but I rarely care about that.

I would recommend it, theater or otherwise.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just saw Rampage, it’s good for a movie that is based on a video game. Entertaining from start to finish, lots of action, some comedy, no love scenes and very little plot development. Spoiler alert pretty much everyone dies.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Entertaining from start to finish, lots of action, some comedy. Spoiler alert pretty much everyone dies.
so. life? :confused:

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Regarding Avengers Infinity War for those that saw. Is it necessary to have seen Thor Ragnorok and the Black Panther prior to? I am behind but would like to see Avengers in the theater. Worst case I rent Thor and do a double header with BP and Avengers.

Thanks

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Regarding Avengers Infinity War for those that saw. Is it necessary to have seen Thor Ragnorok and the Black Panther prior to? I am behind but would like to see Avengers in the theater. Worst case I rent Thor and do a double header with BP and Avengers.

Thanks
I can let you know Friday if no one else chimes in.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@96Pirate , All you need to know about Thor is that his hammer got destroyed in his last movie. As for black panther just realize that he is a friend of captain America and the winter soldier. I just happen to rewatch Dr. Strange last night which helps, his power is time travel/manipulation as context for the new avengers movie. There you should be good to go now.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys. I am not inclined to rush out now and deal with the crowds, so I have some time. Just not sure when I would be able to watch the other 2 since I am the only male in my household and the girls have pretty much grown out of this genre. And the fact that my home theater has been down for the better part of a year I have delayed renting big movies until I clear that up.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just saw Blockers with my wife and laughed my ass off. It’s not going to win any Oscars but I found it funny and very enjoyable.

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just saw Blockers with my wife and laughed my ass off. It’s not going to win any Oscars but I found it funny and very enjoyable.
A bunch of couples my wife and I are friends with are talking about going out to dinner and then going to see Blockers... because sometimes you don't need to be mentally and/or emotionally challenged by a film, you just need to laugh your ass off!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
A bunch of couples my wife and I are friends with are talking about going out to dinner and then going to see Blockers... because sometimes you don't need to be mentally and/or emotionally challenged by a film, you just need to laugh your ass off!
It's funny how some people get so offended by films that aren't gloden globe winners. Movies are a 2 hour escape from reality. 2 hours of robot aliens that turn into cars and blow stuff up is entertaining for some us, and we don't care if the plot sucks.