• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Movie Reviews - What's your thought about what you've seen?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Saw "Interstellar" last weekend....give it a C+/B-....I think it was trying to do too much and although it was long, it still seemed like they cut out a bunch of stuff.

Saw the following on flights to and from India:

"Lucy" ...entertaining Scifi, don't see if you can't get past illogical concepts.... B-
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes"...was surprised...not bad....B
"This is Where I Leave You"....enjoyed this...romantic comedy....good one to watch with the mrs..... B+/A-
"Edge of Tomorrow"....I really enjoyed this, even though I'm not a big fan of Tom Cruise.... A-
"Ice Pearcer" Started watching this and turned it off it was so bad......world goes into an ice age...and the only thing running is a train....oh please....WTF?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took the kids to see Strange Magic last night, I enjoy kids movies, pretty much all I have watched for 8 years, I didn't know anything about this one but my wife said she thought the kids would like it.

I give it D-
The whole movie was the characters singing (butchering) popular songs and about fairies and goblins falling in love....it was horrible....for all of us. A 12 year old girl Might be interested in it.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I've always felt "the other guys" never got the credit it deserved.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"The fault in our stars", you'll have to be the hardest person not to get emotional, good to get the wife sobbing though :D

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Never even heard of it.....will have to look it up.
Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg cop movie. I'm not a fan of Will Ferrell but this is a pretty funny movie. I had also never heard of it until it was on cable.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
"If I say its safe to surf this beach, Captain, then its safe to surf this beach!"

Watching Apocalypse Now for the nth time. Brilliant.

"Charlie didn't get much USO."

Last edited:

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just watched "Fury" with Brad Pitt. Was okay, glad I didn't pay top dollar to see it. But it did make me believe how much damage one tank can do even if it wasn't able to move.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Went to see "Kingsman" last night.....I give it a C- and my wife gives it a D. It was going ok until late in the movie when it seemed like they turned over direction to a teenager! Good concept....poor execution. Started off like a Bond or Bourne movie, and ended more like meatballs!

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I watched some Mickey Mouse thing with my 2yo daughter. Good cast, Mickey, Mini, Donald, Daisy and the rest of the regular cast..not to spoil the movie, but Donald does something stupid and everyone else has to clean up his mess.

The part that gets me is why do animals have pet animals? What's wrong with Pluto?

Oh..and I cannot get the "Hotdog" song out of my head.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Went to see "Kingsman" last night.....I give it a C- and my wife gives it a D. It was going ok until late in the movie when it seemed like they turned over direction to a teenager! Good concept....poor execution. Started off like a Bond or Bourne movie, and ended more like meatballs!
X2. I saw it the other day. Just what you said, good until they seemed to just give up on creativity at the end. The firework heads were absolutely ridiculous.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Kingsman.....That's 2 hours of my life I will never get back!:arghh:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just watched St. Vincent with Bill Murray. Awesome movie! 2:thumbsup::thumbsup: UP!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Watched "The Gunman" with Sean Penn this past weekend. Wow was it bad. Don't waste your money, and don't even be tempted to spend $1.50 when it comes to RedBox. You'll thank me later. Acting was bad, plot was a retread, It seemed like Sean just wanted to see how many times he could show the world his chest with scene after scene of no shirt.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took the kids to see McFarland over Spring Break. Great movie!!! Two thumbs up for sure :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Against my will....We went to see Bad Mom's last night. I laughed my ass off!!:winkingthumbsup"

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Went to see Jason Bourne..typical Bourne fight scene and car cash action. A bit more closure on his actual past.

Rating- Same as other Bourne movies.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Went to see Jason Bourne..typical Bourne fight scene and car cash action. A bit more closure on his actual past.

Rating- Same as other Bourne movies.
We saw the Jason Bourne movie also. I thought it was pretty good. It was your typical Bourne movie. Pretty predictable. I think they are starting to over do it with the hand held camera and the shaking of the camera. At some points you could barely tell what was going on the damn camera was shaking so bad.