• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving to Brackish Water need tips!

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Gym or @swatski could you take a picture of where you are clamping for this “modified”
but per this thread, seamingly advisable method for saltwater guys like me?

My hose pressure is weak. I never have enough pressure to produce water from peepholes (while flushing from a lift), so I am worried that the combination of low pressure and clamping will starve some components from needed cooling during the 3-4 min. SaltAway-based flushing procedure.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You fresh water guys could flush with Lime Away rather than Salt Away to remove mineral deposits.
I believe both contain sulfamic acid, also used in cleaning brewing equipment, but the Lime Away may be a bit stronger w/some other acid and lower pH. I don't know if I would want to mess with a good thing -Salt Away. I still don't know if Salt Terminator is better, uses sodium or potassium nitrite, also used in meat processing (think sausage making!) - which is supposedly a corrosion inhibitor.

I stick with Salt Away, seems to be a good mix of goodies. Would consider recycling - collect in a bucket coming out of the exhaust and pumped back into the flush port, very easy setup but never seen the need for me, at least for now.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Gym or @swatski could you take a picture of where you are clamping for this “modified”

My hose pressure is weak. I never have enough pressure to produce water from peepholes (while flushing from a lift), so I am worried that the combination of low pressure and clamping will starve some components from needed cooling during the 3-4 min. SaltAway-based flushing procedure.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/intake-cooling-line-valves-good-or-bad.15462/

--

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I don't clamp @Ilmmct as I have valves installed. With regard to flushing with low pressure installing valves or clamping will help resolve that condition as it will keep more water up in the engine rather than running out on the ground. I would also suggest engaging the " no wake" mode while flushing. This will do two things. 1) It will increase water pressure within the water jacket. 2) If you do experrience an overheat condition the computer will drop you out of no wake mode which you will hear instantly.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Again @Ilmmct, my valves are located under the cleanout tray rather than in the engine compartment so I can only suggest valving the intake line from the pump either in the engine compartment or under the cleanout tray. There are several posts with pics to help with your install. I preferred the cleanout tray location as I'm back there anyway to install the cleanout plugs. The engine compartment location is a long reach near hot engines.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Ilmmct Do NOT clamp at point "A". That will prevent all water getting to your engine and exhaust. In that picture, you must clamp to the right of the Y fitting.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@buckbuck thanks for the warning. I am not near my boat. I will need hands/eyes on this Y fitting to confirm the correct clamping spot.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@buckbuck thanks for the warning. I am not near my boat. I will need hands/eyes on this Y fitting to confirm the correct clamping spot.
Yes - what @buckbuck said! The water enters from the pump intake or from the flush port (red hose going up) - meeting at the Y. So, you would want to cut off the pump intake only. That is for both flushing (more efficient) and if towing the boat (to prevent water intrusion into the engine from backup pressure in the pump)..

--

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know how to deal with a childish user? @ClemsonTiger has now started following me just to intentionally dislike all of my posts, as you can see on this thread. He is upset because I disliked his post in a thread where he was trolling unnecessarily. Thanks..

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And thanks again for all the tips, this thread has been more than helpful

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Anyone know how to deal with a childish user? @ClemsonTiger has now started following me just to intentionally dislike all of my posts, as you can see on this thread. He is upset because I disliked his post in a thread where he was trolling unnecessarily. Thanks..
Cry a river brah. You can dislike but not be disliked? Didn’t realize you were the messiah and above reproach.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Pot calling the kettle black lol. Please continue to dislike every single one of my posts @KyleP . It clearly gets your panties in a bunch and it is no skin off my ass if you dislike my posts.

Cries about dislikes....then immediately starts disliking others posts. Comical!

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I come here to discuss boats... leave the drama for Facebook....

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski subscribed ... interested in the results of your test this weekend.
So I never got to it as I got distracted with other things in the boat. However, the access in my hull/engine bay is very limited with not much room to put a valve in. It is almost impossible to reach all the way down there. I may need to look at it on the other side of the bilge - under the swim platform.
Or do some re-routing and the alternative - a motorized electric ball valve. I guess I would look for one with a default -open configuration, some have been used in ballast setups and are very reliable. Put it on a simple switch, I might do that.
upload_2017-10-26_22-1-26.png

--

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey friends! So it’s starting to warm up and I am looking for the best places to put in near me. I am in Greenville NC and have been putting in at Masons Landing, but not too crazy about how long it takes to get to more open water. Any suggestions from boaters in the area?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would think from greenville to open ocean or even the intercoastal would be 3 hours one way