• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S

Nesport

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
no answer yet on the smoke and engine issue, dealer has it back. Can anyone confirm the bow roller for me? Is it the one pictured here, or is it suppose to be a more flattened style? Thanks again, will post what the dealer finds.

Attachments

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Nesport that is the correct bow roller. Although most people switch them out with either a Sholtz or a Smith bow roller.

Nesport

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
thanks, what's the advantage of either of those? Are they more pliable plastic, or a wider groove? Is one better than the other?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
More pliable material that doesn't scuf the fiberglass. A cheap, easy and effective upgrade. One bolt out and one bolt in.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bow Scratch 2.jpg Bow Scratch.jpg MUST change the bow roller. Just picked up our boat last week but I had already ordered the Stotlz roller because of what everyone said. The dealer told me the new boats didn't need the roller changed. I took the factory one off and the bow is already scratched up. Boat was on the trailer on the truck from the factory, then towed to the local lake for the test run and then brought home and already scratched up. The dealer told me they will buff it out when I bring it in for the 10 hour service. Cant believe Yamaha is still letting this happen.

Last edited:

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@subysti Ouch.....! That's why mine came off before it ever came off the trailer!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
4 inch

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The mods are getting done. The most important mod completed - #jams

There was a lot of reading on this subject on this site. I researched the choices and the Jacke winner is .... drum rollllllllllllllllllllllllll please

Kicker
:winkingthumbsup"
Battery connection to attach 0 gauge wire to distribution blocks (both + and -). Two kicker amps, 2 tower speakers, 2 - 10" subs, LED light controller. All the grills, tower cans painted and clear coated to match.

View attachment 21404 View attachment 21398View attachment 21399 View attachment 21400View attachment 21401 View attachment 21402View attachment 21403
Very nice

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes. The last bullet says it fits 4 in.

Nesport

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
yea, the v just didn't look right. Thanks for all the help man, just waiting for the boat back now, grrrrrrrr.

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey Adam, the way you have that CIPA mirror mounted, it looks as if it would completely obstruct your view when standing. Do you fold it down when you stand up? How does that work? Thanks.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey Adam, the way you have that CIPA mirror mounted, it looks as if it would completely obstruct your view when standing. Do you fold it down when you stand up? How does that work? Thanks.
I moved it as far to the starboard side as I could and it doesn't obstruct it at all.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Got my JL tower speaker covers on. Need to make sure the tower bling is protected.

20150512_100232.jpg 20150512_100222.jpg

Last edited: