• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@txav8r hey now I change my underwear once a year, I at least wait two to get a new boat.

But in all seriousness, your swearing by the fact that you don't have any issues. I'm swearing by the fact that we apply this to thousands of units a year and have no issues!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
im not swearing by anything. Just acknowledging I have used it for many years, like 20, and it does what I want, what thousands of boaters want. This is a ford vs chevy debate I guess!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We will never know if you have a problem @Williamsone46 , you trade boats like most change underwear:winkingthumbsup" I use Marine Grade Stabil as well and swear by it. I use it in all of my equipment from lawn mower to chainsaw and weed trimmer and blower. It not only extends the shelf life but it also reduces the condensation build up in the tank, and prevents ethanol phase separation. Disclaimer: I know nothing about medrx...but I operate by the philosophy of don't fix what ain't broke, and Stabil works well for me, but so may medrx and other fuel treatments.
im bit (not) swearing by anything. Just acknowledging I have used it for many years, like 20, and it does what I want, what thousands of boaters want.
My mistake.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Oops, guess I did swear!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
shit.

Nesport

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone had a flashing red bow light (not the green) and anchor light? This was with the batteries on, but nothing else on, keys not in the ignition. Couldn't find anything in the manual. I swear this new boat is cursed, the wet storage backs broke already (clip got pushed down while it was open and you can't reopen it)

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Nesport - That should be your reminder to turn the batteries off. That way they don't drain out sitting in the driveway.
As for the wet storage, if you can't man handle that thing off I'd open the engine cover, drill a small hole and remove the screws holding it on from the inside. You should be able to fit in a rubber seal with some 5200 to take care of the hole. Or --- better yet take it back to your dealer. Let them break it.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Nesport - That should be your reminder to turn the batteries off. That way they don't drain out sitting in the driveway. :thumbsup: :winkingthumbsup" :thumbsup:
AMEN. It's one of those things that Yamaha owners must learn. At least with the newer models, that batteries get drained by the electronics.
Yamaha PLANNED for the owner to either turn the batteries OFF after each use, or hook up an on-board charger system (ie, do not read "battery tender" here !).
Hopefully this will be read by other new Yamaha owners so they can avoid some of the same pitfalls many of us have had to learn, like this one.
I had 2 painful experiences learning this point.
Many Best Wishes for a FANTASTIC boating Sunday to all ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Nesport

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome, was wondering if that was it. Yea I did take it back and they broke the 2nd one so now they're both broken, lol. They ordered replacements but It seems like a poor design if they lock close so easily.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome, was wondering if that was it. Yea I did take it back and they broke the 2nd one so now they're both broken, lol. They ordered replacements but It seems like a poor design if they lock close so easily.
Yes but when "they" break it - it's a warranty repair. When we break our own boat - it's an SOL repair.
However I have never had a problem like you have. Most others on here complain about the extended opening and strain on the hinge, rather than a "stuck close" complication.

Nesport

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yea I could see that. Really they should be magnets as should the windshield. I'm going to try and switch mine once I get the replacements. What's the on board battery charger you referenced? I've always used a battery tender on my other boats with no prob. Hadn't figured out how to use it with the dual batteries though.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yea I could see that. Really they should be magnets as should the windshield. I'm going to try and switch mine once I get the replacements. What's the on board battery charger you referenced? I've always used a battery tender on my other boats with no prob. Hadn't figured out how to use it with the dual batteries though.
There are many good On-Board chargers.
The MAIN benefit of 1 is that it "Maintains" your battery. The main benefit from this is your battery will perform at its peak performance, and for a longer period of time than otherwise.
You CAN use a battery tender, but you're gonna haveta move it from 1 battery to the other. Kinda defeats the whole purpose.
And MOST "tenders' are basically junk anyways. Not all, just most.
But you do NOT HAVE to have an on-board charger.
Just TURN THE BATTERIES TOTALLY OFF after each use.
Hope this helps - The choice is yours.
Take Care, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
PS - If ya wanna learn a little about on-board chargers, here's a couple of links that will help you understand more.

http://www.ahoycaptain.com/how_to_choose_charger.html
http://www.westmarine.com/WestAdvisor/DIY-Installing-a-Battery-Charger
http://www.dualpro.com/project/professional-series/
http://www.dualpro.com/project/sportsman-series/

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Battery-Chargers/On-Board-Chargers/Product-Family/Shop-All/

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Battery-Chargers/On-Board-Chargers/Precision-Chargers/

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
KILLER photos, @Jackew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I "think" ya might had good time ... LOL ~!

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Westbeach Bum we ended up at Vermilion Blk 131. That is 32 miles south out of the pass - vermilion bay. The picture with the sun rise was from outside the pass. We dock in Cypremort Point. Although the snapper were on the small size - with a 2 person limit - we did have some very fresh fish that night :)image.jpg image.jpg

H2Oload

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What makes the Stoltz better than factory? @sysinu