• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice. Congrats to you both! I have always felt my '06 SX210 fills every want and need for our boating life at a price that makes me feel very smart. With all the great mods/upgrades, I could be married to it forever. No bigger version or later model has even begun to catch my eye... and I have always believed there is not much to gain for spending lots more money on a newer Yami...

Until now! I still don't plan to buy one...yet; but darn if it doesn't make me want to work a little harder. Between the keel/rudder, hinged cushions, more hinged cushions, sound dampening, that sick gray, sleek tower, Seadek, and how about the diagnostics on the MFD! Yamaha seems to have really stepped up the game. I even happen to know my garage is 286" deep and have pondered (like the 210 folks with 7' garage doors) if this beauty even has a chance through my 8' tall door. Really...286" is way too close, but the point is they made me check. I love having the boat at home, so I guess the more practical outcome will be to wait until they trickle the goodies down into the 21s. Until then...we will likely be welcoming a lot of new jetboaters to the family and I hope to see the new big brother out on the water. I would certainly toss a Jetboater's football their way!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My 2015 242 LS in my driveway! ...oh...wait...that should be tomorrow!
and we ended up with Black....your safe for now ;-)
Cool. Post plenty of pics!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Now someone just has to convince Adam to not go to Bear Lake and instead go to somewhere more fun, like Lake Powell this weekend ;-). Better yet, next weekend!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looking forward to photos and your excellent write up on Tower Lowering and re-positioning.
This, as we all know, is a REAL PAIN in earlier models of the 242 LS.
It i supposed to be possibly a 1 person job now, so much easier, since all you have to do is pull a locking pin on each soide of the tower base.

Many thanks if you have any time to address this issue.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I apologize for being a pest. But I found this photo, that @Pointblank had posted (This thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/2015-yamaha-jet-boat-pictures.3219/page-27 on page 27) back in August.
It shows what appears to be far less "thick" seating (between a 2014 242LS aand the new 2015 model).

If you have any time, could you please comment on the seating "Comfort" including the seating BACK comfort, on your new 2015. And if there is anyway to comment on a comparison, in your opinion of course, between the new 2015 model vs last year's 2014 ?

Again, so many thanks. And wonderful wishes your way for years of F*U*N with the new toy.

2015 Yamaha overhead comparison v1b.jpg

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@MikeyL the seating isn't any thicker, in some of the previous years like the one shown it wraps over the top. You can see it in the walk through and where is wraps over and touch's the hinge.

Lowering the tower is super easy. I have had to lower it a few times to show people how easy it is by yourself. I just remove one pin than make sure I've got a hold of it real good, preventing it from slamming down. Than remove the second pin and lower until the cables hold it in position. The tower isn't heavy, I would say most avg adults should have no problem. The whole process should take less than 30 sec.

Sketch1737110.png

Last edited:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats tight. . . tighty tight, like a tiger in tight pants. Congrats!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@sysinu is there any prettier water than Bear Lake to get some on the water shots? Lake Powell is next month.

Lextacy03

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I want more pictures but at the same time, the more photo's the more my wallet is opening and I am think to ask for forgiveness from the wife.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I want more pictures but at the same time, the more photo's the more my wallet is opening and I am think to ask for forgiveness from the wife.
@Lextacy03 : Excellent point. I had missed this thread. If you also did, there are simply a TON of wonderful photos of the new 242LS here:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/2015-yamaha-jet-boat-pictures.3219/

You'll need to go through the thread's pages, but they are scattered throughout. Photos I have not seen anywhere else !
To help ya out, Pages 1, 3, 7, 9, 14, 25, 26, 27 on this thread have the majority of the super KEWL photos. @Bruce, @Williamsone46 and others helped post all of these wonderful AND INFORMATIVE photos - May of which are not shown anywhere else (in the entire Universe - 'cept for Mars !).

Hope you enjoy ! And Hey ! Best Wishes your way !
Get your wallet open and ready ! You'l need it by the time you get through this thread ! (IF not so already).

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@MikeyL the seating isn't any thicker, in some of the previous years like the one shown it wraps over the top. You can see it in the walk through and where is wraps over and touch's the hinge.
In your opinion, is the seating AT LEAST as comfortable as say the 2014's ? Sorry again to be a Kewchun Pest. Many Thanks, Mikey L - Lake Oconee, GA

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
In your opinion, is the seating AT LEAST as comfortable as say the 2014's ? Sorry again to be a Kewchun Pest. Many Thanks, Mikey L - Lake Oconee, GA
To be honest I'm not sure, I haven't spent much time sitting in a 2014 and older 242 LS. Although I after sitting around in my new one I couldn't see how it could more comfortable.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Williamsone46 Yeah... I guess you have a point about bear lake's blue water for pictures sake.

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I'm surprised they don't use spreader bars when lifting them like that!
The aft nylons are definitely in a bind for sure. Good thing the straps are way overrated.

And suede grey is just amazing! Awesome boat dude.

Last edited:

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Of course it's got to be a rainy day the first day I'm able to take the boat out!
Screenshots_2014-09-21-10-15-59.png