• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2018 242X

Simon Curwood

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just picked up a blue '17....I am super envious of the 'sunroof' on the '18 bimini. I know the frame is different and would sit in the window, but what's your view of getting a 17 bimini modified with zips etc to recreate the sunroof?

Cheers,
Simon.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Got the boat out to Havasu this past week. Great weather 94 degrees and the water was awesome!

20180405_093437.jpg 20180405_093447.jpg 20180407_091707.jpg

hamsammy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’m picking up my ‘18 242X in a week. Are the new trailers having the same issue with the wheels/tires?

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How long was that drive to Havasu for you?

That's primarily where I boat...there and Lake Mohave in Lauhglin so we can gamble.

Where are you docked in that pic..cant tell?

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nice! I'll be in Havasu in July

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

That's primarily where I boat...there and Lake Mohave in Lauhglin so we can gamble.

It's 9 hours for me!

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow....that's a nice long trip. How often do you make it down? Looks like u might be down river in those pics?

Lake mohave is also very nice.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just put my 2018 242X in the water yesterday and I have an issue I wanted to ask you about. When I go to turn right the boat starts to vibrate and the engine rpm's and boat speed decrease dramatically. I olnly have a slight speed reduction when turning left. I checked both clean outs for debris and they were both clean and I couldn't see anything looking at the intake on the bottom or in either nozzle. I'm stumped

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I just picked up a blue '17....I am super envious of the 'sunroof' on the '18 bimini. I know the frame is different and would sit in the window, but what's your view of getting a 17 bimini modified with zips etc to recreate the sunroof?

Cheers,
Simon.
I'd do it in a second. I love the sunroof.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Wow....that's a nice long trip. How often do you make it down? Looks like u might be down river in those pics?

Lake mohave is also very nice.
My dad has a place on the island, and I made it down prob 2-3 times a year. Although now have to come that way once every 30-45 days for work now. never been to Mohave, but I'd like to try and make it there this year once or twice.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just put my 2018 242X in the water yesterday and I have an issue I wanted to ask you about. When I go to turn right the boat starts to vibrate and the engine rpm's and boat speed decrease dramatically. I olnly have a slight speed reduction when turning left. I checked both clean outs for debris and they were both clean and I couldn't see anything looking at the intake on the bottom or in either nozzle. I'm stumped
I'd be concerned about the vibration. Something has to be in the thrust or loose... I don't really know where to point you other than just check everything or take it into your nearest dealer.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

I was docked at the islander resort on the island in Havasu.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'd be concerned about the vibration. Something has to be in the thrust or loose... I don't really know where to point you other than just check everything or take it into your nearest dealer.
Thanks! I'm calling my dealer tomorrow. After doing some research it could be an out of alignment nozzle or they installed the wrong impellers at the factory.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thanks! I'm calling my dealer tomorrow. After doing some research it could be an out of alignment nozzle or they installed the wrong impellers at the factory.
The alignment of the nozzle would be easy to check, does the boat track straight or does it pull to one direction? If the wrong impeller was installed that'd be a constant problem not just when it was turning I'd think. Are the RPM's off while operating normally?

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The alignment of the nozzle would be easy to check, does the boat track straight or does it pull to one direction? If the wrong impeller was installed that'd be a constant problem not just when it was turning I'd think. Are the RPM's off while operating normally?
It tracks straight and the rpm’s are matched unless I go into a right turn

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What are your favorite ballast settings? Thanks!

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It was the reverser bucket that was out of adjustment. Vibration in a right turn fixed!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length