• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Picked up a 2018 242X E Series

Chris Kasz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We just purchased a 2018 242X E Series coming from a 2018 AR190.
-We have been looking for over a year and with the boat prices now most were over 75k. We jumped at the opportunity to get one for 62k with 85 hours.

*The boat is not in my possession yet but I will post pics when we get pick it up later on this week.

Some imperfections I have noticed:

1. Cracked center trim right above the serving tray. Anyone else come across this problem?
2. Peeling/Chipping (about 8 inches) red Powder coat right in the center of the tower. What can I do to fix this issue?
3. Some of the decals are peeling off, as the boat has the snap on covers and wasn't fully covered(mooring cover).
-For this I will just get new decals and re apply.

Any other problems members come across I should look out for?

Thank you in advance.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congratulations!!!! Nice boat choice (not that I'm biased or anything!)

Not sure what you mean about the "Serving tray"?

Decals peeling happens in the hot sun...not much one can do about it.

Check the anchor locker drain fitting, many are poorly installed and allow water to be forced into the hull when you are in no wake mode with a bow full of people.
Look closely at the Connext screen - a few people have had de-lamination problems with it.
Check the speakers - I have a blown channel on my amp (but the 2018 has Wetsounds amps).

There is a checklist here for all the things to check.

Chris Kasz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congratulations!!!! Nice boat choice (not that I'm biased or anything!)

Not sure what you mean about the "Serving tray"?

Decals peeling happens in the hot sun...not much one can do about it.

Check the anchor locker drain fitting, many are poorly installed and allow water to be forced into the hull when you are in no wake mode with a bow full of people.
Look closely at the Connext screen - a few people have had de-lamination problems with it.
Check the speakers - I have a blown channel on my amp (but the 2018 has Wetsounds amps).

There is a checklist here for all the things to check.
Serving tray right above the glove box. The trim right above that serving tray/table is cracked. I am pushing for the dealer to order new parts and fix it as it will bother me when the season rolls around.
-Connext looks good and speakers all work.

*The engine hours don't match up but I know that was a problem with many other dual engine Yamaha boats as well.

How has your 242x held up?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Serving tray right above the glove box. The trim right above that serving tray/table is cracked. I am pushing for the dealer to order new parts and fix it as it will bother me when the season rolls around.
-Connext looks good and speakers all work.

*The engine hours don't match up but I know that was a problem with many other dual engine Yamaha boats as well.

How has your 242x held up?
Mine is running great. Only problem I've had was with the GPS speed control....replaced the GPS puck didn't fix it. My own messing with the wires seems to have for now (bad connection at the starboard tach plug orange wire).