• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2018 242X

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Awesome, that is EXACTLY the info I needed. Where do I get the Ronix wedge?
From a local pro shop or online. https://idahowatersports.com/ is my dealer that I work with, call and talk to Andrea 208.678.5869 and she what they ship you one for, tell her Adam referred you.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
From a local pro shop or online. https://idahowatersports.com/ is my dealer that I work with, call and talk to Andrea 208.678.5869 and she what they ship you one for, tell her Adam referred you.
Thanks for the info Adam. I contacted Andrea and she was a wealth of good information. She did not remember which Ronix wedge you ended up liking the best (velcro or suction cup model). She recommended the suction cup wedge and since I don't see any velcro strips on the pics of your boat I'm guessing that is the one you are using. Could you clairify? Thanks a ton!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thanks for the info Adam. I contacted Andrea and she was a wealth of good information. She did not remember which Ronix wedge you ended up liking the best (velcro or suction cup model). She recommended the suction cup wedge and since I don't see any velcro strips on the pics of your boat I'm guessing that is the one you are using. Could you clairify? Thanks a ton!
The suction cup doesn't work with our boats, iit has to be the velcro. Need the shims for the contour.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The suction cup doesn't work with our boats, iit has to be the velcro. Need the shims for the contour.
OK, large or small velcro model? Assuming large but just want to make sure. Thanks again!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I run the XL
By the instructions on the wedge I received it shows the velcro strips running through the middle of the "242X" decal. I plan to remove it and put a new one higher. Is that what you did. Any chance I could get a pic of your placement? Thanks!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
By the instructions on the wedge I received it shows the velcro strips running through the middle of the "242X" decal. I plan to remove it and put a new one higher. Is that what you did. Any chance I could get a pic of your placement? Thanks!
I haven't put mine on my 2018 yet. But yes the top velcro should go right about where the 242X logo is and the lower should be below on the step.

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I haven't put mine on my 2018 yet. But yes the top velcro should go right about where the 242X logo is and the lower should be below on the step.
So you used this on a previous 240 Yamaha? All I have heard is these wake shapers do not work with our Yamaha boats. Please explain on if this works and how. Thanks I think a lot of people would be interested

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So you used this on a previous 240 Yamaha? All I have heard is these wake shapers do not work with our Yamaha boats. Please explain on if this works and how. Thanks I think a lot of people would be interested
Only the Ronix wake wedge works because of the velcro and shims that allow it to go over the step in the hull.

https://idahowatersports.com/ is my dealer that I work with, call and talk to Andrea 208.678.5869 and she what they ship you one for, tell her Adam referred you.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does the Ronix shaper not cause your boat to pull to one side? When I tried my Wake shaper it was like tossing the anchor off to one side or like a big parachute. So much that it caused me to have to countersteer hard which of course just threw jet wash over my wave. Mine was made so that it stuck out below the swim deck so it could be furthest back and play off the side of the hull. Would love to see some photos without you surfing so we can see the wave with and without the shaper next time your out surfing if you don't mind.

BTW your boat looks freakin amazing!! Love the color scheme and the dark tiny sets it off nicely. Actually makes me like the colored tower.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Does the Ronix shaper not cause your boat to pull to one side? When I tried my Wake shaper it was like tossing the anchor off to one side or like a big parachute. So much that it caused me to have to countersteer hard which of course just threw jet wash over my wave. Mine was made so that it stuck out below the swim deck so it could be furthest back and play off the side of the hull. Would love to see some photos without you surfing so we can see the wave with and without the shaper next time your out surfing if you don't mind.

BTW your boat looks freakin amazing!! Love the color scheme and the dark tiny sets it off nicely. Actually makes me like the colored tower.
Thanks I think the boat turned out good. I even powder coated all the hand rails etc. to match.

You do have to counter steer a little. I've thought about the jet being thrown, but it doesn't seem to effect it at all. There is a noticeable difference with and without. It's fallen off a couple of time and you instantly loose the wave.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

I hope to get some good shots using mine this weekend. I had to order some new decals as the Velcro will partially cover the 242X logo

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here are some pics of the installation of the velcro strips (along with removal of factory 242X sticker) and relocation of new 242X sticker. I have the Ronix XL wake wedge that Adam is using as well. Andrea at Idaho Water sports was very easy to work with.

Attachments

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Here are some pics of the installation of the velcro strips (along with removal of factory 242X sticker) and relocation of new 242X sticker. I have the Ronix XL wake wedge that Adam is using as well. Andrea at Idaho Water sports was very easy to work with.
Looks good!

hamsammy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What did the 242X decal set you back? Did you end up having to use additional ballast or does surfpointe help out enough?

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What did the 242X decal set you back? Did you end up having to use additional ballast or does surfpointe help out enough?
They were $25 each

JH242X

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They were $25 each
Hey - new to forum - have a 2018 Blue 242x. Are you able to go ropeless with just the wedge and factory ballast? We have been close with just factory setup but thinking the wedge is a must to clean up the wave. Disappointed that the “surfpointe” doesn’t seem to do the job.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey - new to forum - have a 2018 Blue 242x. Are you able to go ropeless with just the wedge and factory ballast? We have been close with just factory setup but thinking the wedge is a must to clean up the wave. Disappointed that the “surfpointe” doesn’t seem to do the job.
I've been able to go ropeless with just the factory setup. I had three adults on board with the ballast full port side going 10.5 mph.