• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2018 242X

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey - new to forum - have a 2018 Blue 242x. Are you able to go ropeless with just the wedge and factory ballast? We have been close with just factory setup but thinking the wedge is a must to clean up the wave. Disappointed that the “surfpointe” doesn’t seem to do the job.
Well...the wedge has been a bit of a mixed bag. Still playing with where it should go. We are ropeless with the factory setup but you have to have a fast board for larger adults (Ronix Potbelly works well).

Ryan123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've been able to go ropeless with just the factory setup. I had three adults on board with the ballast full port side going 10.5 mph.
Do you fill the center ballast at all or starboard side? Or just port side only and leave the other two empty, I have the exact same boat as you same color and can’t get the rope dropped. Obviously I’m doing something wrong

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Do you fill the center ballast at all or starboard side? Or just port side only and leave the other two empty, I have the exact same boat as you same color and can’t get the rope dropped. Obviously I’m doing something wrong
I just filled the Port side 100% this time.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ran stock impellers on my 2015 Limited S, but with the X being just that much heavier it needed them. I've had to pitch all my 242X boats. South Valley has them pitched by Impros, They use the 6CW impeller out of the 190 due to more overlap and pitch for the altitude. So far it's helped the bottom end and added about 700 rpm.
Hey @Williamsone46, where's the new thread on your 2019 275? 😉

So I've got a question for you on the 6cw impellers you had on your 242x. I added a 850lb ballast bag to my swim deck for this season in addition to my 3 bag system you and South Valley had assisted me with durning the purchase of my 240. Even with just the transom bag the boat struggles or fails to get up on plane. I'm certain I'll need more weight in the nose to help compensate, but I'm looking into what changes I can possibly make to the impellers to help push me up and decrease cavitation. The 6cw sounded like they'd probably be the best option for this and maybe even all around for the elevation with the increases in RPM you were reporting.

I'm asking your opinion on this because after speaking with Cody at South Valley, he didn't have much interest in even helping me consider the 6cw as an option. He kindly suggested contacting Impros for a pair of custom pitched Solas impellers. Which I'm cool with, if that's the best option... I'm just curious it the 6cw's custom pitched by impros might still be the better option. I thought I read somewhere that the have 6cw have more overlap than the Solas variety, which logically leaves me to believe they'd be more resistant to cavitation under load.

I just don't want to risk ending up with a pair of Solas that won't perform as needed if it's just a matter of South Valley being too busy. Which I'm certain they're slammed... because, when aren't they? Lol!

Anyway, your opinion on this would be appreciated. Thanks!