• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2020 FSH sport thread

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Picking up my brand new 210 FSH Sport here in 4 hours.
I can not being to express how excited it am!
It’s been a long time coming, I’ve been without a personal boat for 15 years; however I worked and trained on boats day in and out in that time and had friends with personal boats that filled the void. But now my boys are old enough and they have the urge. Of course this hunt started in feb right when COVID was looming and little did I k ow how hard it would be to locate a boat I actually wanted.
I was going to get the Scarab 255 OID, but that fell trough a few times. I made an off hand text to a buddy at a dealership that I wished he had a 210 FSH on order, he called me within seconds and said “One just came in and no one knows it’s here yet.”
I said “SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!””!
I immediately ordered a Simrad Go-9 w/3-in-1 transducer, the seadek package from JBP, the cobra jet steering super magnum AK19 deluxe w/fangs and had the dealer install all said items. I also have on order the 10x14 trim tabs with ALC that I will install myself when they arrive. plans are to upgrade the stock speakers, add pods to the T-Top, vhf radio, MOB system, and lastly a ride steady system.
I will be posting lots of pictures here as I go and of the outings

I can’t say how beyond amazed I am of this community and forum for all the kindness and information I see on here. I appreciate any feedback and advice! Thanks for reading.
-Matt

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats, super exciting day for you!! Also we demand pictures...

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats! I had similar luck finding one in the COVID times as well. They're hard to come by.

Sounds like you have a great list of parts to install. Don't forget the bow roller swap we all do. Check out my stereo build thread if you want some tips on that.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats! I had similar luck finding one in the COVID times as well. They're hard to come by.

Sounds like you have a great list of parts to install. Don't forget the bow roller swap we all do. Check out my stereo build thread if you want some tips on that.
I did see your stereo thread. Point me to the bow roller, this sounds interesting.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The stock Shoreland'r roller is awful hard plastic and will scratch your gel coat. Do you have the galvanized trailer? If so, the bracket is about 3.75" so you can use either this or the 3.5" and bend the bracket either way. I found the 4" to fit very well on our hull. Not sure about the steel trailer if the winch post is different.

thttps://www.sturdybuiltonline.com/4-inch-Stoltz-Bow-Roller-Ultimate-with-Bells-for-Winch-Post_p_269.html

IMG_2926.jpg

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It is the stock trailer. I’ll have to mod the roller!
towing home now, 80 miles.
4358855B-26FB-458C-8777-C7E8553487FF.jpeg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear your review after the first trip

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The stock Shoreland'r roller is awful hard plastic and will scratch your gel coat. Do you have the galvanized trailer? If so, the bracket is about 3.75" so you can use either this or the 3.5" and bend the bracket either way. I found the 4" to fit very well on our hull. Not sure about the steel trailer if the winch post is different.

thttps://www.sturdybuiltonline.com/4-inch-Stoltz-Bow-Roller-Ultimate-with-Bells-for-Winch-Post_p_269.html

View attachment 127035
image.jpg

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do the cobra steering fins and fangs look right? Dealer installed them and I didn’t see the instructions. Wish I would have just done it myself. But they did it at cost, no labor.
It just started to rain so I’ll get more pics tomorrow.
It trailered like a dream those 80miles. In my Ram 1500 eco diesel I got 20mpg and didn’t even feel the boat back there. Trailer seems good enough, I’ll change out the roller like was advised. Hopping to get on the water tomorrow to break it in but.... looks Like rain. Sunday is supposed to be clear.

Attachments

Last edited:

RMTZ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Do the cobra steering fins and fangs look right? Dealer installed them and I didn’t see the instructions. Wish I would have just done it myself. But they did it at cost, no labor.
ot just started to rain so I’ll get more pics tomorrow.
it trailered like a dream those 80miles. In my Ram 1500 eco diesel I got 20mpg and didn’t even feel the boat back there. Trailer seems good enough, I’ll change out the roller like was advised. Hopping to get on the water tomorrow to break it in but.... looks Like rain. Sunday is supposed to be clear.
ot just started to rain so I’ll get more pics tomorrow.
it trailered like a dream those 80miles. In my Ram 1500 eco diesel I got 20mpg and didn’t even feel the boat back there. Trailer seems good enough, I’ll change out the roller like was advised. Hopping to get on the water tomorrow to break it in but.... looks Like rain. Sunday is supposed to be clear.
Can you post a picture of how the simrad looks like mounted !? Congratulations on your new machine too!!

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can you post a picture of how the simrad looks like mounted !? Congratulations on your new machine too!!
Yea. Let me get home from spending the rest of my money at West Marine! 🙃🤬

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Last edited:

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
20 mpg sounds great. I get 6-8 :dead:

I actually really like this trailer. I finally had the chance to get a good look at it with the boat off while waiting at the ramp and it's built well.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone connected their boat to a simrad nmea 2000?

ETA: looks like
This isn’t possible. What a bummer.

Last edited:

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My 190 was black and absolutely beautiful. My new 210 is sky blue. The black really stands out. Never had an issue keeping it clean. Nice choice.