• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

My new 2016 242 Limited S thread

@MrMoose, I also checked the Bimini string and nothing about travel distance restrictions so would expect you to go Bimini every year! ;)

@SeanPC, just make sure that you are not smiling in any of the pictures.

Don't you all feel bad enough making me spend 50K+ for a boat? Where does it end with you people? ;)

How do you not smile enjoying a rum and coke in crystal clear Bahama waters....I'm a horrible liar...

Oh, and @SeanPC , Lake Conroe is my home lake, too, so you will find us out there every other weekend or so (appx). Do drop a line if you are not busy with Bimini and drop by.

:)

So it begins!
Awesome!!!
Damn, aren't you just way too young to own a new 242????!!!! LMAO.
Just kidding of course. Please keep posting.

--

Oh, and @SeanPC , Lake Conroe is my home lake, too, so you will find us out there every other weekend or so (appx). Do drop a line if you are not busy with Bimini and drop by.

:)

Will most likely be heading to Conroe to boat and visit friends early May. Will definitely post when we finalize plans.

Drum roll....

IMG_0266.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0265.JPG
    IMG_0265.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
Beautiful and awesome boat,,, congratulations again. And you guys look cool too. Safe travels home!

Congrats. Great choice

Stopped for coffee first picture of the boat and truck. Safe to say I'm ready for spring!! Truck and boat are both gonna need a good bath when we get home.IMG_0277.JPG

They look good together!

I sure hope you got them to throw in a free premium cover with that beauty like I did ;)

Last post for tonight. Made it home in good time. Went straight to the car wash and cleaned the salt and grime off the truck and boat. Then I started the effort to put the boat in my garage. Flattened the trailer tires and had to articulate the tower with the cables unbolted. My driveway slopes downhill, so the tongue was already lower than the boat. Opening is 7'10" and my limited S is tucked in nicely. Let the mods begin. Thanks for following along guys. I'll keep posting! Last pic is the view from the kitchen IMG_0282.JPGIMG_0284.JPGIMG_0285.JPGIMG_0287.JPGIMG_0288.JPG

Man, that is a tight fit!!!! I had no idea those towers can come down that far, nice!
Hope you could reinflate those (bias ply?) tires once inside, enough problems with them as is. Most are getting redial replacements from Shoreland'r/Carlisle.

--

Ya I reinflated them so they wouldn't wrinkle up and have issues. I knew in the back of my mind if I ruined them I wouldn't be upset because I'd have an excuse to put radials on. My trailer gets very few miles since we have a lake house with dock and lift setup. If we do Bimini or any other traveling we will be upgrading anyways. Relieved to have the boat indoors mostly.

Back