• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

My new 2016 242 Limited S thread

Hey @MattFX4 and @Mainah and anyone else, where did you get your hdpe for your amp boards? I found a 3/4" thick 24 x 24 piece on amazon for 55 bucks, but that seems steep to me for what it is. Thanks!

How big of a piece do you need? I know it sounds funny, but have you looked in to cutting boards? I am ordering the one below to mount my tower speakers amp and battery charger to. $27 for an 18x30 board.

https://www.amazon.com/Stanton-Trading-2-Inch-Cutting-Board/dp/B0032AM0LW

I had looked at cutting boards actually! I only found them in 1/2". That would probably be plenty but I didn't want to risk having it flex. There will eventually be two amps, (maybe three eventually) three programmable timer relays, rgb light controller, power distribution block, etc. So I bit the bullet and ordered a 24 x 24 x 3/4 piece. It should be here Tuesday. Someday when everything is here I'll have some install photos!

@swatski she likes to drink, and I really like when she drinks, especially when we're alone in the boat! :winkingthumbsup"

ok cool. I found where I purchased mine off of ebay and your price isn't bad for 3/4". Just for future reference or if anyone is wondering, I have had no issues with 1/2". It's solid.

So did you install those JL 650s in the upper area of the mid cabin? I'm starting my project this weekend pretty scared to even try. I guess worst case is to install 1" spacers.

Also, I have a sheet of 3/4 plywood lying around, for my amp board I'm planning to spray a can of flex seal on it and call it NickHDPE. <$10.

I haven't unfortunately. We are preparing to sell our house so home projects have taken over my free time. I have them, just not the time to spend installing them. Maybe someday...

Also, I have a sheet of 3/4 plywood lying around, for my amp board I'm planning to spray a can of flex seal on it and call it NickHDPE. <$10.

Interesting. Perhaps do a small test piece and put a weight on it to hold it under water along with an equal size control piece. Weigh them both before and after to see how much water weight they gain. If it works as well as they advertise you should see a difference. I think a week would be enough to prove it out.

I have been thinking about how to build my sub box and had settled on advantec with spray gun epoxy truck bed liner in and out but flex seal may work just as well.

Looking foward to hearing how you like it.

IMG_1024.JPG IMG_1025.JPG IMG_1027.JPG IMG_1029.JPG IMG_1030.JPG IMG_1039.PNG IMG_1031.JPG IMG_1035.JPG Finally found some time for the boat mods. Got a good start last night. More to come.

Found a little more time for boat mods this weekend. Trying to get everything done before Memorial day weekend! PICS!!

Wanna fry your nerves? Pull your glass out... Disassembled the frames, and gently pull the glass. Tint will go on tonight.

GLASS OUT 3.JPGIt looks pretty weird without frames and glass.
GLASS OUT 4.JPG GLASS OUT.JPG GLASS OUT1.JPG GLASS OUT2.JPGAlso got my mid cabins installed and (mostly) wired. Need to clean up the wiring a bit, but I'm going to hold off on zip ties till the rest of my wires are run for LEDS and other speakers.

Here is the tape and target going on. Lots of measuring! LIMITED MID CABINS.JPGAnother hole in the boat... Why not! :D:D LIMITED MID CABINS1.JPG All drilled and countersunk. Ready for speaker.
LIMITED MID CABINS2.JPG LIMITED MID CABINS3.JPG

I got the other mid cabin installed, and apparently failed to take any pics. Ill get a few tonight.

A little update here. Just cause I like sharing photos. We have been at the lake a lot! I had 12 hours on it, and had to force myself to park the boat and do the 1st service. Got that performed without issue, and now we are in good shape for another 50 hours. For reference I went with Yamalube 10w40 4w, and oem oil filters. Did not do sparkplugs yet, I will do those at 50 hours. Few pumps of grease on the housings, and we are set.

The tint is on, but I'm not thrilled with my results. The curve in that glass is a real pain. I will probably live with it for this season, and redo it this winter. I also had my local guy get my amps tuned and levels set. The audio upgrade is "mostly" finished. I have a little tidying up to do, but its all operational. WOW. Just WOW. I am thrilled with everything. The mid cabins sound great under way, I can hear everything, the subs fill nicely, and the tweeters on the tower aren't so overwhelming now. When its cranked up, the boat rocks! Those JL 10's are no joke. I'm very pleased. Anyways, here are a few pics from Memorial Day weekend and last weekend. Enjoy.

IMG_1100.JPG IMG_1102.JPG IMG_1106.JPG IMG_1114.JPG IMG_1133.JPG IMG_1179.JPG IMG_1181.JPG IMG_1183.JPG IMG_1344.JPG

I'm having tint installed tomorrow.

What % did you go with?

I went with 20%. We do a fair amount of evening and night boating so I wanted something I could still see through. Super helpful on bright days though, knocks the glare down, and looks bada$$.

Some of you may have seen it on the goup buy or on the facebook page but I got my seadek installed. Happy spring!!!

Attachments

• IMG-4311.JPG
    IMG-4311.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG-4313.JPG
    IMG-4313.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG-4319.JPG
    IMG-4319.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
Back