• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

My new 2016 242 Limited S thread

@Mainah have you seen the new wetsounds revo6's and revo8's? Another option other than JL.

@Mainah have you seen the new wetsounds revo6's and revo8's? Another option other than JL.

Have not seen those. I may need to stop reading this site before I start cashing in my vested RSUs to buy stereo stuff.

Have not seen those. I may need to stop reading this site before I start cashing in my vested RSUs to buy stereo stuff.

LMAO....I know! Stereo upgrades are fun. I keep trying to think of another way to add another sub to mine, or if I want to move the sub to an enclosure under the seat.

Congratulation...great looking boat.

We really enjoy ours.

I'm waiting for the summer checks to ramp up. I sell motorcycles for a living so you guys can imagine my income varies. I'm strongly considering disconnecting the swim deck speakers and redirecting that "juice" to mids. I'd probably leave the polks in the holes on the swim deck just dummies, and order JL for the new install so I can drill the mounting holes once.
@MattFX4 and @Mainah Has anyone successfully installed the JL in the recesses like @fraserjr did with the polks? Eventually I would order an 8 channel amp for all, and rewire everything with quality wire. Then a JL 10 surface mounted in the starboard cabin compartment with a sealed enclosure built in behind it. For now

@skrip345 i don't think the JL's will fit in that space @fraserjr installed his Polks. See my picture below. Big difference in mounting depth between the JL and the Polk.

IMG_5364.JPG

Here is where I installed my mid cabin speakers.

IMG_5365.JPG IMG_5366.JPG

Man the JL's look huge next to the polks, and they make them look cheap. I will have to ponder that a little. Maybe a 1/2 inch acrylic ring with led lights would space it out far enough. I really like the idea of putting them in the recesses, they have to be easier to hear.

@skrip345 i don't think the JL's will fit in that space @fraserjr installed his Polks. See my picture below. Big difference in mounting depth between the JL and the Polk.

View attachment 51329

What is the difference in depth? I bought half inch spacers that you could use or stack if you needed to. They are only like $6 for two 1/2" spacers you could even use test them with the speaker on a piece of cardboard to see how it would look.

According to spec pages on both the JL is 2.95 inch depth, the polk is 2". I'm gonna go pick up a set of JL's and see...

According to spec pages on both the JL is 2.95 inch depth, the polk is 2". I'm gonna go pick up a set of JL's and see...

Awesome. I really want to see that work.

IMG_0454.JPG IMG_0458.JPG IMG_0459.JPG IMG_0474.JPG IMG_0479.JPG IMG_0469.JPG IMG_0500.JPG IMG_0462.JPG It got into the mid 70s again this weekend in Missouri. Had a blast just the two of us. Speakers should be in Wednesday, so if I have time I will do some measuring and install my mid cabins. Pictures from February 19th!

Hey @MattFX4 and @Mainah and anyone else, where did you get your hdpe for your amp boards? I found a 3/4" thick 24 x 24 piece on amazon for 55 bucks, but that seems steep to me for what it is. Thanks!

Home depot or lowes is the key. Buy board from any of their scrap than buy some carpet up there and carpet it and you should be good to go.

Home depot or lowes is the key. Buy board from any of their scrap than buy some carpet up there and carpet it and you should be good to go.

Thats exactly what I did. I bought a bigger board and cut it up to use for my amp and battery sliding tray. I still have some leftover for other future projects that I am sure I will read about here.

Hey @MattFX4 and @Mainah and anyone else, where did you get your hdpe for your amp boards? I found a 3/4" thick 24 x 24 piece on amazon for 55 bucks, but that seems steep to me for what it is. Thanks!

I can't remember exactly but I ordered it online. I googled HDPE sheets and looked for the cheapest I could find. Pretty sure I went with 1/2" also. I was surprised also at how much it cost.

I don't think Home Depot or lowes carries HDPE. At least they didn't when I checked.

HDPE is pricey. I used 3/4 for both my speaker rings and my open span. A table saw makes quick work of cutting it down to size and a router is great for cutting circles or rounding over the edges. I purchased online somewhere.

Hey @skrip345, I like your picnic-size Rosé for two!
LOL.

--

Back