• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

My new 2016 242 Limited S thread

Ya I reinflated them so they wouldn't wrinkle up and have issues. I knew in the back of my mind if I ruined them I wouldn't be upset because I'd have an excuse to put radials on. My trailer gets very few miles since we have a lake house with dock and lift setup. If we do Bimini or any other traveling we will be upgrading anyways. Relieved to have the boat indoors mostly.
Check this thread out, and there are more links inside, you should be able to get a free radial upgrade:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/bouncy-shorelandr-trailer-carlisle-stands-behind-their-product.10916/

--

Last post for tonight. Made it home in good time. Went straight to the car wash and cleaned the salt and grime off the truck and boat. Then I started the effort to put the boat in my garage. Flattened the trailer tires and had to articulate the tower with the cables unbolted. My driveway slopes downhill, so the tongue was already lower than the boat. Opening is 7'10" and my limited S is tucked in nicely. Let the mods begin. Thanks for following along guys. I'll keep posting! Last pic is the view from the kitchen View attachment 50279View attachment 50280View attachment 50281View attachment 50282View attachment 50283

I'm jealous. Every time you go in the Kitchen you get to stare at her! I so want to cry right now. I miss my girl!

We had a 70 degree day in Missouri yesterday, so of course the boat went to the lake. Had to work until four so it was a quick trip, but still worth while.

IMG_0384.JPG IMG_0385.JPG IMG_0386.JPG IMG_0387.JPG IMG_0390.JPG IMG_0397.JPG IMG_0407.PNG IMG_0405.JPG IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0417.JPG IMG_0420.JPG

Very nice. I'm so ready for my first outing. Record highs 91 here yesterday and I didn't get to go. 55 today. Figures.

Also just realized you haven't hit the 10 hr breaking in period and you already hit max of 52? Becareful doing that as you really need to break in the engine following the manufacturing guidelines.

Congrats with your purchase! Family looks like they are having a blast. We got ours through RiverValley too. Great dealer.

Now that you have had it out on the water, what's your opinion regarding the TVXL's on your SX and without on this?

@skrip345 How'd you come across that deal so far away? Just find the boat on boattrader and negotiate from there? I don't normally pay too much attention to dealers outside IL/MO range. Maybe I should...

Did you have any negative feelings not seeing it in person before you went to finalize and pick up?

And, finally, how do you feel your local dealer will treat you for service/warranty issues when you didn't purchase with them? (I feel like that shouldn't be an issue, but recall reading someone else had major trouble after a relocate and now can't use the original dealer).

Awesome looking outing, btw. So jealous, it's such a pain to winterize my I/O still.

Thanks!

@skrip345 Great looking boat! I'm jealous that you're out this time of year. Can't wait to get mine out.

@BigAbe75 I'm sure everyone's dealer experiences are different but I had to buy from a dealer about 90 miles away because there aren't any closer. There is a yamaha dealer in town that sells skis and outboards, but not Yamaha boats. I took mine there for the ten hour service because they are authorized to work on Yamaha motors even though they don't sell boats. My experience with them was fantastic. I know it might be different since it wouldn't have been possible to buy the boat there, but in my past experience, I think dealers either have good service departments or they don't. I have had bad experiences at places where I did buy a boat and good ones where I didn't. Hopefully @skrip345 will find a good local dealer with an honest service department. I should also mention that when I had to take my current boat back to the dealer I bought it from for warranty work they were great as well.

@FloJet, I'm not sure where the 52 came from, we didn't go any faster than about 30. I kept the engines under 6000rpm. I do believe in break in, so we kept it mellow. The boat only had .1 hours when I took possession, and the dealer claims to have never put the boat in the water. Either Yamaha did 52 in my boat, the dealer DID put it in the water, or a glitch produced a top speed record? Not sure. I will gradually work up to wot runs closer to the 10 hour mark, then service it fully. Looking forward to that actually because I am eager to see how it performs with hard launches and aggressive turning.

@stever40 I actually thought the boat handled really well with just the articulating keel. I liked the separate controls for each motor. The LS2000's I had have a single forward/neutral/reverse engagement lever and then separate throttles, so the ability to reverse one motor and forward the other was interesting. A nearly motionless circle can be achieved. I will need to spend more time with the boat before I make a decision. Once our lake dock renovations have been made, the boat will be stored on a lift throughout the summer. I back into my slip so the swim deck is level with the dock. Makes it easier for the younger kids and senior members of the family to board safely without climbing over the bow or sides. Anyways, we will see how easy it is to back into my slip, how it does towing boarders and skiers, how its affected on windy days, and how well Leslie and Dad do with it finless. Sometimes things like fins and perfect pass are more for their sanity and safety than mine.

@BigAbe75 I had time to shop, so I did LOTS of homework. I looked at dealers all over. I myself sell powersports for a living, so I understand the process well. I am held to a standard for response and customer service, and I expect the same when I make a purchase. Hands down the guys at River Valley worked for the deal. I gave my local dealers a shot, unfortunately their follow up was weak, and the prices were way higher. I didn't get the warm fuzzies. I bought my 192 locally years ago, and paid more, but wanted to keep it local. After my papers were signed I NEVER heard from the dealer again. Thankfully, I never had a single warranty claim, and I do all my own service. Rest Assured, if a warranty claim arises I will NEED someone in the dealer network to take care of me. I will cross that bridge when I get to it I suppose. I was just less inclined to pay more locally when I don't feel like I benefitted from keeping it here in any way, certainly not financially. I wanted to reward the dealer that worked for the deal. Make sense?

It was a great little outing, looking forward to more great days on the lake with a great boat. I will try to write a more complete review once Ive spent more time with it.

Ok good deal. for the .1 hours I'm sure that's from the dealer getting everything prepped and running right. Not sure why they would have top it out on speed but maybe all of ours came like that just didn't notice it initially. Either way glad you are staying on top of it all and slowly bringing her along. I'm sure after it's broken in, you and your family will get plenty of time out on the water.

@skrip345 One of the first things I did was replace the OEM bow roller with a Stoltz bow roller. The one that came on my trailer was black but very hard and the boat didn't roll up on it as much as it skid so wanted to replace before it scuffed the gel coat. Also just put step-over seadek kit in which help step over the transom when the rear seat cushion is removed (has formed non-skid but was still slippery when wet). Both inexpensive (relatively) and was well worth it IMO.

Last edited:
@SeanPC where did you get the roller? That's been on my list. Mine is white, but hard and I'm sure it wont be long and it will have the gel marked up. Ill probably order seadek next year in the group buy, if I can stand to wait that long! I want the step through piece, and the pieces up on the front near the windshield. The younger members of my family tend to "Monkey" around, so the more of that stuff I can get down the better. I think it looks better too. Thanks for the comments!

LMAO -- and here we go, @skrip345: the mod train is leaving the station!

It is a slippery slope.:cool:

--

ebay.png

@swatski I slipped. Worse yet, I've been reading all the stereo threads. I absolutely plan to install mid cabin speakers soon. But I eventually want JL 6.5's all throughout. Do I order one set for the mids now, and wait, or order another set of polks to get me by, or all 4 sets now, but then I need an amp... aghhhhhhh

4 sets of JL's, two subs, two amps, a pair of tower speakers... :D

FWIW - I tried to go budget but was not happy. If I could start all over I would go all JL except for tower speakers which would be rev 10s. Basically I would do what @MattFX4 did and has planned but add the @fraserjr mid cabin polks as well. The only thing I got right the first go in hindsight is the wiring and amps. Go big and high quality from the get go.

As soon as it warms up all speakers will be polk mm. They are not bad the JLs are just better. Twice the price better is up to the listener.

Here is what I did and learned.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/detailed-2016-242-ls-1k-audio-upgrade.9400/

The one thing to do right from the start is the wiring.

Good luck.

PS - Don't ask your wife to call the stereo upgrade her birthday present.

Agreed with @Mainah Nothing more I hate than spending money on something, and then wishing I would of spent a little more to get what I really wanted. It may cost you more up front, but will save you in the long run! If you want all JL 6.5's throughout, and don't want to buy them all now, I would start with a pair to add mid cabin. I would probably ad the amp too at the same time. Later on you can order the other 3 pair, and maybe a sub?

Back