• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My ongoing fuel sender saga... good news!! <replacing fuel sender>

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf That is the wrong one. Wrong part number and too short. From my first post,
part number 395088, has a 12 inch probe
I searched and don;t see that online. Maybe they can tell you who to go for for the proper one if it is out there or I can buy it for you if you like.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm just going to call my Mastercraft dealer. If that goes South, I will ask for somebody to buy it for me. Thanks for the help!

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
maybe they can buy it for you. Give them the info from the 1 st post.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf, great find on the senders at GLS. GLS has 13 1/4" and 14" versions available. My understanding is that you can cut the shaft to the needed length. I have asked GLS for pictures that would allow reading the label. If the specs on the label on the head are the same they may work after being cut.

If not I can order two when I order mine and ship one to you. Along with the much delayed business cards. You can probably tell that my Parents remodel has been keeping me busy!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It seems like I remember when I ordered from Mary she was about to give me a hard time also about being a Mastercraft part and possibly not being able to sell it to me or I was just crazy talking looking for the wrong item. I seem to remember saying like 5 times, "no, it's for a Yamaha jet boat and I know it's the right part #" and then she just gave in and said ok,

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It seems like I remember when I ordered from Mary she was about to give me a hard time also about being a Mastercraft part and possibly not being able to sell it to me or I was just crazy talking looking for the wrong item. I seem to remember saying like 5 times, "no, it's for a Yamaha jet boat and I know it's the right part #" and then she just gave in and said ok,
I had the same conversation with her, it seems like after I wore her down she just gave in and sent the part I wanted which like everyone else worked perfectly.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm just going to call my Mastercraft dealer. If that goes South, I will ask for somebody to buy it for me. Thanks for the help!
I'll be glad to buy it and ship it to ya....heck I owe ya few bucks anyways

edit: the one I bought last june is still in the box in my garage ! I had to buy the 3 pin connector and now need to run a purple wire from the ignition to the tank

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll be glad to buy it and ship it to ya....heck I owe ya few bucks anyways

edit: the one I bought last june is still in the box in my garage ! I had to buy the 3 pin connector and now need to run a purple wire from the ignition to the tank
Thanks for the offer but I am ordered already.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
thanks for that @Murf'n'surf I am planning to do this at some point still and being in FL that is awesome info to know and save myself a headache....

PS I still have 2 brand new SS #4 Robertson Bits and 1 used that looks new if anyone is interested I swapped over to SS hex head hardware as @Bruce did in one of his write ups. So anyone feel free to PM me and I'll send you out a Bit.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
still loving this fix, I ran it down to just under 5/8 on the gauge and filled up with 21 gal. (3/8 should have been 20 gal.)

I'm beginning to actually trust my fuel gauge!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Still waiting on delivery....they had to custom make it.

I think I'll send Mary a new phone! Omg you gotta hear that thing!

Port0222

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered mine as well -- and yes, whoever said to stay firm with Mary -- She really wants to talk you out of it. (worst sales pitch ever) -- are you sure you want to buy this? I am leaning towards you should hold off... go measure, check it out, come back to me on another day... :) and What the heck is up with her phone. Mine as well have been communicating in another language! Although, sort term pain -- looking forward to knowing how much gas I have!
She said it would come fully calibrated and the instructions are just for future use if needed -- Can someone confirm -- do you just plug it in out of the box and just drop it right in? It looks like a few of you did some calibration steps during install -- are those actually needed because it is not "actually" designed for our boats?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
She said it would come fully calibrated and the instructions are just for future use if needed -- Can someone confirm -- do you just plug it in out of the box and just drop it right in? It looks like a few of you did some calibration steps during install -- are those actually needed because it is not "actually" designed for our boats?
Plug and play for me!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It will recalibrate itself after the fuel drops to empty and is refilled. So, just pop it in and go boating.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yes, as they said, plug and play. Glad to hear this is working for everyone. Working very well for me too!!

Port0222

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yes, as they said, plug and play. Glad to hear this is working for everyone. Working very well for me too!!
@waterboy -- I got my new sender, but before I head to the dock, what tools do I need? It's a long ways and figured you know.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Port0222 pretty easy to do, worst part can be pulling the fuel tank cover. So:

- whatever fastener your fuel cover has, you'll need that. Mine is a large phillips head but others have square drive, etc. Be prepared for a battle there... I hope not though
- after that, I used a ratchet and metric socket (9 mm maybe, I don't recall). Like 6-8 bolts for the sender. Rest is plug and play.

Good luck!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Funny that somebody posted to this thread because I just got home from installing my new sender. Thanks Lauderdale Speedometer!!

Anywho...... The old sender was still good, it turned out that my fuel gauge is bad! Ugh.... Off to search for that part now. (F1C-U8241-10-00)