• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My ongoing fuel sender saga... good news!! <replacing fuel sender>

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho not to split hairs but aren't our tanks actually 52 gallons? the manual says 50 but I thought somebody opened theirs up to find 52 stamped on it,

if it is 3/4 tank would require 39 gallons which would be even closer,

I'm going to order one tomorrow!
If that is the case then I'm even happier.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 07 AR210 shows 53 ;)
image.jpg

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've had my boat out a couple times. Nothing to report here, it's a fuel sender, I have a functioning fuel gauge, all is good. :D

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho thats good to know. God forbid we ever need to find a replacement.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Finally got around to replacing mine yesterday....the only tricky thing is that you have to rotate the new sender until all the bolts align (duh)....they looked like an identical layout to me....but took me a little scratching to realize that they are not and that my anal retentive mind couldn't fathom that the wires wouldn't be oriented at the 12 or 6 o'clock position!! LOL

Filled her up post replacement and no leaks (my biggest fear)....going to check again today.

Seems to read well now....from the above feedback, seems I'll have to wait for a cycle for it to be fully calibrated?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Awesome! Mine is in route. Dare i ask...anyone done anything like this for a waverunner? My gauge in that thing is crap!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian they told me that they calibrate them at the factory... You don't have to wait for a cycle.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian they told me that they calibrate them at the factory... You don't have to wait for a cycle.
Yes, they calibrate them at the factory, but they need to go through a fill cycle to reset to the current resistance (fuel mix).

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
replacing a fuel sender is cake. talk to me when u need a tank! lol

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
replacing a fuel sender is cake. talk to me when u need a tank! lol
@MutherTucker just wanted to make sure that your mechanic has ordered a new fuel sender, right? It would be a bummer to have to wait another week for it to come in when you're tank situation is all figured out!!!

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@itsdgm oh yes, there will be ANOTHER new fuel sender ordered. I ordered the last one from partzilla. Do you recommend I call Mary to order the one that matches your tank model? I could tell her a doozy of a story! LOL

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MutherTucker Go all the way back to the very first post. I outlined all the details on ordering etc, assuming you have the same sender that the 07 vintage boats have. I am not sure how the 04's fit in, but I can say it is a far superior sender that what we had orginally.

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@waterboy see the following thread. In short, I'm replacing my fuel tank because some dumbass put in the wrong size sender and poked a hole! I'm swapping with an o7 tank as it's almost the same exact tank as mine and the mold is still available. The mold for my tank is retired. @itsdgm referred me to this post to read up on getting the proper fuel sender for the new tank. Thanks for the post.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/need-a-new-fuel-tank.3635/

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MutherTucker I have been reading your post and up to date on your trials and tribulations. Missed the fact you were using an '07 tank. Awesome!!! That part number listed will fit then. Easy swap as noted.

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I spoke to ISSPRO today, they MFG the original fuel sender for the LS2000 boat model. plug n all (12.5" long stem) Spoke to Don in Technical support, he has the exact model for replacement with all the new technology to accommodate the ethanol and fuel additives. I found ISSPRO name on P/N on the sleeve for referance. Plug n play setup. $110.48 + freight

He informed me failure is due to the newer fuel additives and corrosion properties not present during the time frame of MFG. 2000' All the new units are up to todays standards. Cheers.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I spoke to ISSPRO today, they MFG the original fuel sender for the LS2000 boat model. plug n all (12.5" long stem) Spoke to Don in Technical support, he has the exact model for replacement with all the new technology to accommodate the ethanol and fuel additives. I found ISSPRO name on P/N on the sleeve for referance. Plug n play setup. $110.48 + freight

He informed me failure is due to the newer fuel additives and corrosion properties not present during the time frame of MFG. 2000' All the new units are up to todays standards. Cheers.
Great find! Would you start a new thread with something like "LS2000 / LX210 fuel sender upgraded replacement" in the title? I would like other LS2000 / LX210 owners to be able to find this. Thanks

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks for the reminder, with the Lake Murray gathering, all our rain and now the CO discussion I forgot about this,
just tried to order it but of course it's after 2p EST so it's on the to do list tomorrow, it must be nice to be able to run a company on your own schedule!