• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My take on Fins

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Not sure if you are referencing the single ak fang or the ak version of the Mega Fangs , But what I did was redesign the megas to reposition the forward leading fin to get more water exposure when the boat is up on plane also capture and direct even more reverse thrust so Now I wait for the feedback.
I have already sent some out to Saudi Arabia and I just sent a set for the ultimate steering to Cape Coral Fl and I have more to ship out to various customers in the morning one set to MD and one set to NE and I am sure more will be shipping out as the day progresses. I hope some customers will respond with feedback and tell us how they like them. I really don't expect anything less than good results actually.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Got something new for my boat?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
As for the Ultimate A K system I have them, I actually spent last week designing and building the last jig to form the special side force stabilizers, The issue I always run into is once I get the design of a part to my liking I end up liking a little adjustment here or there and then I have to wait for the guy who programs my laser cuts to get around to doing than and this is the big delay I had to call every day and email every day just to get him to finally sit down and redesign the mega fang plus so now I want to make a couple small changes to two parts of the A K ultimate system and that will lead me to the instructions and videos that I always enjoy doing. Having said that the fins are Ultimate fins so they are larger than the magnum fins they have all the features of the ultimates, spring loaded adjustable cross compatible with mega fang plus or side thrusters just as it is sold similar to the magnum ak set. These will have the selectability feature also to stay down or go up at speed. Plus the second tie rod setup for your rudder . And the system has considerably more parts so it will be more expensive but not all that bad in comparison to other systems.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Got something new for my boat?
well now lets see what we have here. I have a customer who had never owned a boat in his life. He purchases a JET BOAT for his first boat, He has me personally put on the magnum A K steering with the mega fangs and he instantly becomes a force to recon with behind the wheel. Now correct me if I get any of this wrong. He backs out of a bar at night if I recall correctly on the water between parked boats like a pro and he also later on backs 100+ yards through Bunces Pass , with all the wind ,waves and current. Tows tubes and engages in other water sports like he was doing it all his life and he wants MORE? I honestly think you would be dangerous if the boat did any more LOL!

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And finally I have the new Mega Fang Plus, These will now replace the mega fangs just as the mega fangs replaced the original fangs.
I was sold the original fangs with my ultimate fins just last year. What performance improvements can I expect for another $85 investment?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I suspect that you opted for the single fang setup . I sell the systems in full 4 fang sets now to increase the reverse control . I suppose You could talk me into selling a 2 part set to put on the outside of the nozzles and move the original fangs to the inside , This would seriously increase the power steering effect and increase the reverse effect also. The exterior mega fang plus will also kick up the steering influence at all speeds and carve turns quicker with less bleed off for water sports.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
well now lets see what we have here. I have a customer who had never owned a boat in his life. He purchases a JET BOAT for his first boat, He has me personally put on the magnum A K steering with the mega fangs and he instantly becomes a force to recon with behind the wheel. Now correct me if I get any of this wrong. He backs out of a bar at night if I recall correctly on the water between parked boats like a pro and he also later on backs 100+ yards through Bunces Pass , with all the wind ,waves and current. Tows tubes and engages in other water sports like he was doing it all his life and he wants MORE? I honestly think you would be dangerous if the boat did any more LOL!
Hahaha I don’t know how it could be any better honestly.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I suspect that you opted for the single fang setup . I sell the systems in full 4 fang sets now to increase the reverse control . I suppose You could talk me into selling a 2 part set to put on the outside of the nozzles and move the original fangs to the inside , This would seriously increase the power steering effect and increase the reverse effect also. The exterior mega fang plus will also kick up the steering influence at all speeds and carve turns quicker with less bleed off for water sports
I'll email you.

Last edited:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After the first few posts I started to follow this thread looking for some informative advise from everyone's takes on different fins on their boats. I have yet to install any and was starting to obtain some very useful information from the group.

Unfortunately this has just become an infomercial.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sorry you can't get the answers you were looking for but if you ask some direct questions to people perhaps someone will have an answer for you. Not sure how long you had the boat but if you have been doing ok for several years you may just want to leave the boat as is.

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't call it an infomercial as much as a few jetboaters expressing their personal experience with a product that greatly improves our boats. I believe in endorsing a good product especially when the customer service is as good as the product. Jeff went above and beyond by sending me some extra bolts I had lost that I needed to put on the cobras. These kind of posts need to be posted more often. We always here when someone has a crappy experience and bad service. Give credit where credit is due.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
And finally I have the new Mega Fang Plus, These will now replace the mega fangs just as the mega fangs replaced the original fangs.
Prices will remain the same, no change there.
These will be compatible with the Ultimate, the Magnum plus ,the Magnum A K system as well as the soon to be released Ultimate A K steering system as well as the viper N K and N K 2.
The mega fang plus was redesigned to add even more influence in all areas , slow speed, high speed, off power , reverse. also the power steering effect was kicked up a notch for good measure.
Jeff,
I have the vipers NK and the mega fangs what are the new fangs going to improve on? When are they available?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
After the first few posts I started to follow this thread looking for some informative advise from everyone's takes on different fins on their boats. I have yet to install any and was staring to obtain some very useful information from the group.

Unfortunately this has just become an infomercial.
Not sure how you feel this is an infomercial, but ask any questions you may have. I can’t tell you the difference between the options, I just know how my experience was. I won’t go any further than that to keep the cheap testimonials at a minimum lol.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@FLBulldogger I have not put any of the mega fang pluses on a viper n k yet . I changed the position of the fangs so they get deeper in the water at speed thereby increasing their effect all the way around.
I would expect even in your situation with the viper you would see an increase in the effects.
That being said your setup is really a great one and I would say if you like everything it does just leave it alone. As for your question on availability . I have them in stock and I am already shipping them out. Any orders for mega fangs are being filled with the mega fang plus.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welp count me in when the final versions are done for the whole system. I'm sold. Just probably wait til winter to install the same time when I tear down my system and rebuild it all over again. lol.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So you want the ultimate A K system with the mega fang plus setup? I may have a deal for you.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you want the ultimate A K system with the mega fang plus setup? I may have a deal for you.
OH YA!!! As long as you don't change the design within the next year ;) I want the biggest and baddest. lol

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well I spent tons of money and time doing this I submitted the ak ultimate system, to the patent office way back over 2 years ago just to give you an idea of what went into doing this. But one never knows ideas are wild and out of control sometimes but now I am going to be paying more maintenance fees literally to the day I die.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FEEES! But MADE IN AMERICA!! That's priceless to me :) Hopefully, all the time, effort, and funds into all this will finally pay off and over look the fees associated with it all.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wouldn't call it an infomercial as much as a few jetboaters expressing their personal experience with a product that greatly improves our boats. I believe in endorsing a good product especially when the customer service is as good as the product. Jeff went above and beyond by sending me some extra bolts I had lost that I needed to put on the cobras. These kind of posts need to be posted more often. We always here when someone has a crappy experience and bad service. Give credit where credit is due.
I agree. One of the main reasons I participate in the forum is to learn about new products. I want to see the vendor as well as the consumer inputs. Jeff makes a good product that actually delivers as advertised and stands behind it. Notwithstanding the seemingly continuous design changes, I really like my Cobra jet fins and would definitely buy them again.